Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

Does anyone know if the amount allocated in each category was purely decided by UEFA or if the national associations had any input?

I would like to think that the SFA would have been asking for more tickets in the lower price range, especially given the cost of the opening game. However this is the SFA we are talking about!

2 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Does anyone know if the amount allocated in each category was purely decided by UEFA or if the national associations had any input?

I would like to think that the SFA would have been asking for more tickets in the lower price range, especially given the cost of the opening game. However this is the SFA we are talking about!

I doubt the SFA had much of a say apart from as a member of UEFA, it's all about maximising revenue with a token number of Fans First seats to pretend they're fan friendly.

Wonder if anyone can help with a ticket query. I managed to get a cat 2 ticket for the Germany game but my son is only on 9 points so has missed out.

I am looking to let him use the ticket so he can go with his mates and i’ll await the results of the ballot on his account/fan zone instead.

Does anyone know if he can just log into the ticket app with my login/take my phone to the game, or will they conduct further ID checks on entry?

Edited by Sagan

I've Bit the bullet and got a Germany ticket "Your only young once " passed by me a long time ago more likely in the "never have another chance to go to the opening fixture against the home nation again" trying to justify TBH!

My son has passed on it the now and we are all registered in ballot coming up however if i have already bought a ticket do i get to be included in the ballot???    

Edited by Center half

9 minutes ago, Center half said:

I've Bit the bullet and got a Germany ticket "Your only young once " passed by me a long time ago more likely in the "never have another chance to go to the opening fixture against the home nation again" trying to justify TBH!

My son has passed on it the now and we are all registered in ballot coming up however if i have already bought a ticket do i get to be included in the ballot???    

Out of maybe excess precaution I'd remove your request for the Germany game from the ballot, they might just turn down your whole application because of doubling up.

57 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Current state of play

Germany - Cat 1 available (€600)!

Hungary - 'currently unavailable'. Presuming that means the allocation is sold out.

SSC posted an update about 20 mins ago.

1 wheelchair ticket for 🇨🇭

8 wheelchair tickets for 🇭🇺

173 CAT 1 tickets & 15 wheelchair tickets for 🇩🇪

Might be a very small amount of €600 Germany tickets left for 9 pointers at 12 tomorrow.

On 08/12/2023 at 16:57, No_Problemo said:

Fingers crossed for you and your son - I think it’ll  drop down at those prices but it is very easy to say when you aren’t relying on it!

Hopefully there’ll be another update tomorrow with how many are left. 

As I feared, looks unlikely now. It is what it is. With 25,000 ahead of him it was always unlikely in reality that 10,150 tickets would drop to us.

1 hour ago, cdhafc1874 said:

SSC posted an update about 20 mins ago.

1 wheelchair ticket for 🇨🇭

8 wheelchair tickets for 🇭🇺

173 CAT 1 tickets & 15 wheelchair tickets for 🇩🇪

Might be a very small amount of €600 Germany tickets left for 9 pointers at 12 tomorrow.

Disappointing but not surprising. I got a little optimistic by the numbers on here saying they wouldnt pay top prices but in reality they were mostly people who werent going to have to. Those on 10 and 11 points have had to grin and bear it rather than get nothing.

I'm down to the UEFA lottery probably.

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As I feared, looks unlikely now. It is what it is. With 25,000 ahead of him it was always unlikely in reality that 10,150 tickets would drop to us.

Disappointing but not surprising. I got a little optimistic by the numbers on here saying they wouldnt pay top prices but in reality they were mostly people who werent going to have to. Those on 10 and 11 points have had to grin and bear it rather than get nothing.

I'm down to the UEFA lottery probably.

I’m actually amazed so many on ten points have bought at that price! Without looking too closely that must be around 1/5 have bought at ten points. 

I think around 1000 on nine points so imagine it’ll be pretty close whether it sells out at that points bracket… 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m actually amazed so many on ten points have bought at that price! Without looking too closely that must be around 1/5 have bought at ten points. 

I think around 1000 on nine points so imagine it’ll be pretty close whether it sells out at that points bracket… 

There are about 4,000 more to get a chance before I can buy for the two of us. Its not getting that far with less than 200 left (plus even if it did get that far another 5,000 people would potentially be competing for them).

I never expected anything else though. I think you significantly underestimate the number of sub 12 pointers who always knew they werent getting to multiple games, are treating this as their summer holiday and going out for anything from 3 - 12 days and are in the scheme of things prepared to pay whatever it takes to get to one game. 

Like I said earlier, I did get some brief optimism over the number of folk on here saying they'd rather go to a FanZone than pay Cat 1 prices but they were by and large the sort of people who were unlikely to need to. This tournament has come 12 months too early for us. We'd both have been on 12 by next summer. Shame. (Edit - actually he may be 11. I dont think he's eligible for one of the bonus points yet).

I still have the vague chance of the UEFA lottery and a couple of even vaguer hopes........

Edited by Skyline Drifter

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There are about 4,000 more to get a chance before I can buy for the two of us. Its not getting that far with less than 200 left (plus even if it did get that far another 5,000 people would potentially be competing for them).

I never expected anything else though. I think you significantly underestimate the number of sub 12 pointers who always knew they werent getting to multiple games, are treating this as their summer holiday and going out for anything from 3 - 12 days and are in the scheme of things prepared to pay whatever it takes to get to one game. 

Like I said earlier, I did get some brief optimism over the number of folk on here saying they'd rather go to a FanZone than pay Cat 1 prices but they were by and large the sort of people who were unlikely to need to. This tournament has come 12 months too early for us. We'd both have been on 12 by next summer. Shame. (Edit - actually he may be 11. I dont think he's eligible for one of the bonus points yet).

I still have the vague chance of the UEFA lottery and a couple of even vaguer hopes........

For some reason I had it in my head you only had to get to eight. 

Yeah - it all comes down to different age brackets too. So many of us haven’t really been able to see Scotland at a major tournament (I don’t really count the last one and I was eight in 98) I knew I would have paid the 400 Euros, which was as bad as it was going to get for me. 

Plenty more tournaments to get the points up for, hopefully! Fingers crossed for a chance in the lottery though…

54 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

For some reason I had it in my head you only had to get to eight. 

Yeah - it all comes down to different age brackets too. So many of us haven’t really been able to see Scotland at a major tournament (I don’t really count the last one and I was eight in 98) I knew I would have paid the 400 Euros, which was as bad as it was going to get for me. 

Plenty more tournaments to get the points up for, hopefully! Fingers crossed for a chance in the lottery though…

I'm on 8 because I have the two bonus points. He's on 6 though and I'm not going without him so cant buy till it drops to 6.

I would have been on 12 or more any time between about 1992 and 2010 or so. Only ever went to a couple of away games but I never missed a competitive home game in about 15 years. I even drove from Dumfries to Aberdeen and back for a midweek qualifier against the Faroes. After the kids came along though, and particularly after they started this shenanigans with playing on multiple nights instead of just Sat/Wed I couldnt get the time to get to even home games. My younger son loves his football but school night games and a Dumfries base meant he had to get to secondary school age before his mother would let him go. Then a marriage breakdown meaning I didnt even have him for half the games and then Covid meant its only since last summer we've both been going together. Fortunately I had bought him a membership before that closed too so home tickets arent a problem (could prob get them through QoS if I needed to mind you). 

I was at Euro 96 and France 98, all three games at both. At the time I'd have been incredulous at the idea we wouldnt qualify again for over 20 years. Due to having at the time 0 points I was never getting to Euro 20 with restricted attendances but I would certainly go to Germany if I could get tickets to take him.

I remember everything about the opening game in 98. I'd love for him to experience the same this time. There will hopefully be other tournaments with this squad, but we thought that in 98. World Cups are tough to get into now but Euros have never been easier. The next one's at home though so certainly wont have the same sense of adventure about it. He'll be 18 by then and 22 by the next 'foreign' Euros. Even if we qualify for the USA in 26, its a bigger commitment to get two of us over there. You cant really nip over for 2 or 3 days round a single game the way you can in Germany.

11 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Allocation was decided before the draw was made. 18-1 chance of getting the opening game so not much point debating prices for it in advance.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's fair quietened down on here, I suppose scrapping over 600 euro tickets and wheelchair spaces hasn't got the same buzz.

No surprise, although I did think enough 9 pointers would take the 130 odd that are left. Tickets still available though. 

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe we should try and get a Europe wide boycott of silly prices for 2028, especially in the group stages. 

I can see UEFAs response already (six hundred and) TWENTYs plenty. It must be way more galling for fans in say Germany used to much lower ticket prices than us.