Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

1 hour ago, Andershen said:

Am I right in thinking that the tickets from the ballot that closed yesterday will be mainly the higher priced ones as they are mostly handed back from corporate sponsors?

Not necessarily as several countries including Hungary handed all their 10,000 tickets back to UEFA to distribute. If you want a ticket for Stuttgart it could be worth changing 'My Team' to Hungary. :whistle

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not necessarily as several countries including Hungary handed all their 10,000 tickets back to UEFA to distribute. If you want a ticket for Stuttgart it could be worth changing 'My Team' to Hungary. :whistle

Surely those will be ring fenced so to speak and won't just be lumped into the ballot availabilty.

28 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Surely those will be ring fenced so to speak and won't just be lumped into the ballot availabilty.

I don't know, but if Hungary wanted them ring fenced they wouldn't have handed them back to UEFA. It's possible there was a cut off point about declaring your national allegiance to qualify as a genuine Hungary fan, but you can still change the "My Team" setting on your UEFA account. Worth a go I'd have thought if you don't have any tickets yet. 

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Hoping it'll be a few weeks before the end of January. The first lottery finished earlier than they had said. 

Wish they had done it already, wait is already killing me and my numerous UEFA accounts!

I wouldn't hold your breath, the first lottery results were always 'by 14th November' and that was the actual date the results were announced.

1 hour ago, Theo said:

I wouldn't hold your breath, the first lottery results were always 'by 14th November' and that was the actual date the results were announced.

Sure? Could have sworn either, they were by latest end of November or announced before 14th. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Sure? Could have sworn either, they were by latest end of November or announced before 14th. 

It was either on the last day or the day before as I was about to go on holiday and was shitting myself that they'd be released when I was on a plane. 

1.4m applications for the opening game alone.

https://www.dw.com/en/euro-2024-final-receives-23-million-ticket-requests-says-german-football-president/a-67741514?fbclid=IwAR0DBQ_DCg1MoCN8NyYVsgVvMKKF7wXwQhYGtbql7Qr9me9wYo84YYQS6MQ

There has been overwhelming demand for tickets for the 2024 European Championship, to be held in Germany. DFB president Bernd Neuendorf confirmed there have been 2.3 million requests for the final in Berlin.

Interest in Euro 2024 tickets is huge in the host nation of Germany and all over the world, German Football Federation (DFB) president Bernd Neuendorf said on Friday.

So far there have been 2.3 million ticket requests for the July 14 final in Berlin, and 1.4 million for the June 14 tournament opener between Germany and Scotland, Neuendorf told journalists.

The DFB president said that the requests were not limited to Germany and the 20 other qualified teams, with the final three berths to be decided in March, but that applications have come from 206 countries.

Neuendorf said the most requests are from Croatia, Albania and Turkey, whose teams have already qualified.

A second ticket sales stage with a million tickets for fans of the qualified teams has ended. A first phase saw 1.2 million tickets sold from around 20 million requests.

"We are very satisfied with the start of ticket sales," the organizing committee said after the first stage. "Interest from Germany, but also the whole world, is huge. Just three hours after the start 3.1 million tickets were applied for from 142 countries."

Neuendorf said huge enthusiasm was also visible in 45,000 applications for 16,000 volunteer positions.

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The good thing about that is I've got a better chance of selling the spread of knockout games I've already banked and the ones I'm hoping to get in this round, I was getting a bit worried about getting stuck with a Cat1 Albania game that nobody wanted.

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The good thing about that is I've got a better chance of selling the spread of knockout games I've already banked and the ones I'm hoping to get in this round, I was getting a bit worried about getting stuck with a Cat1 Albania game that nobody wanted.

If you're not using the knockout games I'm interested ;)

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

If you're not using the knockout games I'm interested ;)

Good to know, are you looking for local games or just wherever Scotland's playing? (I won't be selling the latter obviously! :P)

Edited by welshbairn

On 16/12/2023 at 11:49, Pie Of The Month said:

Only 1.4 million applicants for the Scotland v Germany game. I feel lucky!

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Is that in this 2nd ballot or overall  ?

I think that’s overall - ‘So far there have been 2.3 million ticket requests for the July 14 final in Berlin, and 1.4 million for the June 14 tournament opener between Germany and Scotland, Neuendorf told journalists.’

There are one or two properly moderated FB groups that do a good job as a place to safely trade tickets, or places such as BigSoccer forum which are mostly safe aside from a few people.

But I'd personally hold tight for now.  It's an awkward time to make a deal and in most cases unless the perfect offer came along from someone super reliable (eg. trustworthy, good track record and won't go back on their word) you may as well wait the five weeks until everyone has their next ballot results and then there will be loads of spares flying around.  

• 4 weeks later...