Consumer legal query

velo army

One of my supported lads (I'm a support worker) bought a moped in August from Ecosse Aberdeen. The boy running the company retired in September and the company has now ceased. 

There's a wee problem with said bike and it's still under warranty. What's our next step legally as we'd prefer not to just pay someone to look at it?

It's fiddly electronic bollocks which is beyond my immediate knowledge.

Any help from PnB's legal eagles (or blowhard wannabes, all is welcome) would be appreciated.

The CAB in the Shire have a 3 week waiting list, hence the cry for help here.

25 minutes ago, velo army said:

One of my supported lads (I'm a support worker) bought a moped in August from Ecosse Aberdeen. The boy running the company retired in September and the company has now ceased. 

There's a wee problem with said bike and it's still under warranty. What's our next step legally as we'd prefer not to just pay someone to look at it?

It's fiddly electronic bollocks which is beyond my immediate knowledge.

Any help from PnB's legal eagles (or blowhard wannabes, all is welcome) would be appreciated.

The CAB in the Shire have a 3 week waiting list, hence the cry for help here.

Have a good look through the details of the warranty, the guarantor is hopefully not the retailer. If it's the manufacturer rather than a UK distributer you'll probably have to start learning Cantonese.

25 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'm just guessing here but is the warranty not with the manufacturer rather than the distributor. I'd probably try contacting them first.

I'm looking at the lad's documentation now and am quite baffled to see no warranty. 

I'll just hae to get a man in and hope his insurance pays for it. Blown fuse is likely, but because of the new fangledness of said bike the battery and fuse box are accessible only by lifting the seat, which you unlock by turning a switch, which is electronic and doesn't work because of said flat battery or blown fuse.

Ryan Gosling No GIF by WE tv

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I'm looking at the lad's documentation now and am quite baffled to see no warranty. 

I'll just hae to get a man in and hope his insurance pays for it. Blown fuse is likely, but because of the new fangledness of said bike the battery and fuse box are accessible only by lifting the seat, which you unlock by turning a switch, which is electronic and doesn't work because of said flat battery or blown fuse.

Ryan Gosling No GIF by WE tv

While the stupidity of an electric switch locking the battery compartment doesn’t rule out complete incompetence, there is generally a pair of remote terminals that you can connect a charger to that will allow you to operate the switch.