Rangers v Hearts

19 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's always the wee things.

The 1-1 draw we had there in 2021 nearly turned away from us when the referee didn't give us either of two clear fouls in Rangers' half before giving them a free-kick seconds later when Hagi kicked the ground. It put us under pressure and Rangers scored within two minutes, swinging the momentum of the game when we'd been doing well. Justice prevailed with our late goal, but it's a classic example of the wee fouls that are usually called fairly that are very easy for the referee to give to the OF in Glasgow.

Today was the same thing. Clear free-kick to Hearts. Away at Killie we get that foul and see the game out. In Glasgow we don't get that foul.

Referees need to be a bit braver.

I mind exactly the game you're talking about.

Even today, the first penalty only comes as well because we are into added time of the added time due to a ridiculous 40 second VAR check that anyone with eyes could see wasn't a handball.

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Tbh I would be all for shirt pulling being clamped down on for penalties. Its a cynical part of the game that doesn't get punished enough. It does happen at just about every corner though so understandably giving one at the end of a match raises suspicions. At the same time though I would be raging at my own player for doing something like that.

Every centre half in the country fouls a forward at about 90% of set pieces.  

Haring is no more stupid than anyone who does it and gets caught when the music stops, so i don't really sunscribe to slaughtering him for it, you could give that penalty 6 times a game.

Not at the other end, obviously

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Every centre half in the country fouls a forward at about 90% of set pieces.  

Haring is no more stupid than anyone who does it and gets caught when the music stops, so i don't really sunscribe to slaughtering him for it, you could give that penalty 6 times a game.

Not at the other end, obviously

I don't think it helps that it looks like he can barely be arsed going for the ball and just saunters holding the guys top. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Please never play Lammers or Dessers again, the very definition of haddies.  Genuinely thought that we'd bottled it today, still can't believe that we won.  

How much reverse McNamara duty did Mick "Mick" Beale cream off via an agent for signing those two planks of wood? They look like a fucking scam even on a Free Transfer.

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Well I know it was two stupid penalties to give away, but the last one definitely felt like the referee was looking for a reason to give it - very much same vibes as the Scotland-Spain match recently.

Refs seem to be forgetting it's only "clear and obvious error", not "every tiny thing". Very frustrating 

It’s as blatant a penalty as you’ll ever see. Haning is an imbecile and his team mates should be livid. 

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Well I know it was two stupid penalties to give away, but the last one definitely felt like the referee was looking for a reason to give it - very much same vibes as the Scotland-Spain match recently.

Refs seem to be forgetting it's only "clear and obvious error", not "every tiny thing". Very frustrating 

What does that look like? The referee didn't even give it until VAR highlighted it, I'm not sure how not giving it in real time can be seen as 'looking to give it'.

As for the 'clear and obvious' thing, a blatant shirt pull in the box is a clear and obvious error. The phrase itself I think is stupid as most errors are obvious once you realise it's an error, so it's pretty meaningless. If VAR is correcting match-changing wrong decisions (or non-decisions) then for me it's doing it's job regardless of how people want to interpret 'clear and obvious'.

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

The VAR operator.

But your basic point still holds true. They needed a lift from somewhere.

Very unconvincing again but strong mentality to score twice to win it late on.

It’s always amusing when the “it’s a foul but it wouldn’t have been given at the other end” argument comes out. Two clear penalties 😂

37 minutes ago, AJF said:

Very unconvincing again but strong mentality to score twice to win it late on.

It’s always amusing when the “it’s a foul but it wouldn’t have been given at the other end” argument comes out. Two clear penalties 😂

Scoreboard reaction, imo.

It's not a 'strong mentality' if Haring doesn't do something daft for no reason. It's an overhit corner and a 1-0 defeat which sees them booed off the park and called bottling cowards.

Sometimes things land in your lap. Rangers were shite today, but they caught a massive break. That's fitba.