Rangers v Hearts

42 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I you feel we shouldn’t get involved in the debate about how few pens you get then feel free to share any stats to back it up. 

Feel free to get involved in the debate I just find it particularly funny. 

I'd imagine 99% of posters here that think Rangers get more favourable decisions than their own team feel the same way about your team. 

Is there any online resource that you can check past refereeing appointments ?  

To the untrained observer it seems to me that Rangers always have either Walsh or Beaton either as ref or as VAR every week. I’m sure that isn’t correct it’s just a perception but I wouldn’t mind having a look.

30 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Feel free to get involved in the debate I just find it particularly funny. 

I'd imagine 99% of posters here that think Rangers get more favourable decisions than their own team feel the same way about your team. 

It's not about Celtic M8,the interesting thing is The tarts will be raging for the semi final (sending off in coming)plus pulling of Gersey's in the box.

38 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Is there any online resource that you can check past refereeing appointments ?  

To the untrained observer it seems to me that Rangers always have either Walsh or Beaton either as ref or as VAR every week. I’m sure that isn’t correct it’s just a perception but I wouldn’t mind having a look.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/referee-appointments/

7 hours ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Was that the “foul” where the player waited for a push that never came, went down and grabbed the ball? It was right infront of me and it was a clear attempt at conning the ref.

Dearie fucking me.  

There were about 3 or 4 of these yesterday btw, all by Rangers players, all unpunished

I wasn’t sure where to post this but it seems relevant to the discussion around Rangers, the lack of penalties given against them and the wider perception of them being given favourable treatment by the powers that be.

Below is a list of Rangers domestic cup matches covering the last 10 years. It doesn’t include neutral ground semi finals or finals. Make of it what you will.

2013/14

SC Forfar away

LC Airdrie home

LC Falkirk away

LC Dunfermline home

LC Albion Rovers home

2014/15

SC Dumbarton away

SC Kilmarnock home

SC Raith Rovers home

LC Queens Park away

LC ICT home

LC Falkirk away

LC St Johnstone home

2015/16

SC Cowdenbeath home

SC Kilmarnock home

SC Dundee home

LC Peterhead home

LC Airdrie away

LC St Johnstone home

2016/2017

SC Motherwell home

SC Morton home

SC Hamilton home

LC Peterhead home

LC QOTS home 

2017/2018

SC Fraserburgh away

SC Ayr Utd away

SC Falkirk home

LC Dunfermline home

LC Partick away

2018/19

SC Cowdenbeath away

SC Kilmarnock away

SC Aberdeen away 

LC  Kilmarnock away

LC Ayr Utd home

2019/2020

SC Stranraer home

SC Hamilton away

SC Hearts away 

LC East Fife away 

LC Livingston away

2020/21

SC Cove Rangers home

SC Celtic home 

SC St Johnstone home

LC Falkirk away

LC St Mirren away

2021/22

SC Stirling Albion home

SC Annan away

SC Dundee away

LC Dunfermline home

LC Livingston home

2022/23

SC St Johnstone away

SC Partick home

SC Raith home

LC QOTS home

LC Dundee home 

So basically in 10 years across 53 cup ties they have had 3 matches against the 5 city clubs ( didn’t include Dundee despite being a city club as they have been a yo-yo club for the past decade) 

For context in the same time frame Motherwell have had 12 matches against the big 5 , Hibs also on 12 with Celtic on 11 . Motherwell and Hibs have generated these stats having played less ties than Rangers.

I know it’s the luck of the draw and all that but statistically surely they should have had a more difficult series of ties than this - or am I missing something? 

18 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I know it’s the luck of the draw and all that but statistically surely they should have had a more difficult series of ties than this - or am I missing something?

Many cups have they won in that time M8?
Hot or cold balls?

Edited by willywastecoat

12 hours ago, AJF said:

The reality here is I’ve not seen anyone successfully argue that either of yesterday’s penalties were not penalties. And correct refereeing decisions have led to this.

I haven't seen the highlights yet, and you may be correct that both were penalties. The point is that these fouls would not, and have not, been given in the Rangers box over the past few seasons. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Plus two Goldson "penalties" against Celtic last season.

I remember celtic fans complaining about a hand ball even after it was explained to them that if a player is protecting his face it's not a penalty. 

Just like in England no refs should be involved in any games regarding teams they “support” or matches involving their rivals. 

That would likely mean we would end up with foreign refs. Bring it on!

Keith Hackett - the former head of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the organisation that makes refereeing appointments for Premier League games – has said: "At the beginning of every season the referees' background information is audited.

"They complete a form that includes who they support, the history of if they've played the game and with the addresses where they are residing.

"That gives you a picture that comes into use when you're appointing. It's about ensuring, for example, you wouldn't appoint a Sheffield-based ref for a Sheffield team."

5 hours ago, AJF said:

I could appreciate it more if it wasn’t on the back of a match where the ref got two penalty decisions spot on 😅

It seems even when our penalties are correctly awarded we are still cheatin’

To be fair, having just seen the foul prior to the penalty, you are still cheatin'.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

I remember celtic fans complaining about a hand ball even after it was explained to them that if a player is protecting his face it's not a penalty. 

Tell that to Connor Barron, who conceded a penalty in that exact manner last season at Livingston. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Just like in England no refs should be involved in any games regarding teams they “support” or matches involving their rivals. 

That would likely mean we would end up with foreign refs. Bring it on!

Keith Hackett - the former head of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the organisation that makes refereeing appointments for Premier League games – has said: "At the beginning of every season the referees' background information is audited.

"They complete a form that includes who they support, the history of if they've played the game and with the addresses where they are residing.

"That gives you a picture that comes into use when you're appointing. It's about ensuring, for example, you wouldn't appoint a Sheffield-based ref for a Sheffield team."

Correct. He poses for pictures with Rangers fans in a Rangers pub ffs. It really is pathetic.