St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

What if the ink is still wet? Surely it’s still signed?

Despite what he said, the fact that he was happy to be questioned about it in the first place tells you that it’s done and that it’s just to be announced

20 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If this is the nonsense he’s coming out with I might have to change my opinion on this appointment.

He said until the ink is dry,so it’s not signed to dry yet,but came across really well

27 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If this is the nonsense he’s coming out with I might have to change my opinion on this appointment.

As you well know it's an oft used figure of speech. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd imagine St Johnstone fans will be more than happy with 'well organised if unspectacular' for the rest of the season.

They've set out to play like that since 1884, so can't see them complaining.*

* I know I've set this up for Motherwell getting pumped in spectacular fashion at McDiarmid on Tuesday now.

Edited by 'WellDel

2 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

There goes wee Max’s career. Levein teams’ average height for central players is about 6’3”. 

Tbf Leveins played a big part in his career and seems to love him.

24 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Despite what he said, the fact that he was happy to be questioned about it in the first place tells you that it’s done and that it’s just to be announced

13 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He said until the ink is dry,so it’s not signed to dry yet,but came across really well

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As you well know it's an oft used figure of speech. 

Jon Stewart Queue GIF

8 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

There goes wee Max’s career. Levein teams’ average height for central players is about 6’3”. 

Levein described Max recently as one of the biggest prospects in Scottish football. He absolutely loves him and believe he was involved in getting him a move to Saints originally. 

He was definitely involved in his loan move to Brechin.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Increasingly concerned Kirk is actually our new manager and Levein is just taking the manager name, tbh.

Manager & head coach situation maybe? 

It used to be a fairly common that the assistant did nearly all the training ground stuff. 

47 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

He'll probably also be looking for his strikers (if he plays any) to put the ball in the back of the net.  It doesn't need to do that - only cross the line.

56 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

They've set out to play like that since 1884, so can't see them complaining.*

* I know I've set this up for Motherwell getting pumped in spectacular fashion at McDiarmid on Tuesday now.

Can only be thankful we've got Motherwell who are our answer to 1970 Brazil. 

But aye, pragmatism has been the bed rock of our ridiculously successful decade. Can only hope we abandon idiot ball in favour of that again. 

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Can only be thankful we've got Motherwell who are our answer to 1970 Brazil. 

But aye, pragmatism has been the bed rock of our ridiculously successful decade. Can only hope we abandon idiot ball in favour of that again. 

Was just a wee joke on how teams of our size need to realistically set up and play, more often than not, to survive in the top league... and I do completely expect the humbling on Tuesday to transpire with the way we're going, and especially if you guys have a 'new manager bounce' with Levein appointed by then.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Increasingly concerned Kirk is actually our new manager and Levein is just taking the manager name, tbh.

It's a Mark McGhee/Simon Rusk scenario.

Levein will be the decision maker and the more old school manager. Kirk will be taking the training and general coaching.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's a Mark McGhee/Simon Rusk scenario.

Levein will be the decision maker and the more old school manager. Kirk will be taking the training and general coaching.

Was Rusk not meant to take over after that season too?

Parallels between the two situations are a bit scary.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was Rusk not meant to take over after that season too?

Parallels between the two situations are a bit scary.

That was the rumour but McGhee always insisted that there was 'still room in the top flight for a proper manager' and he wanted to stay on to reach his beloved 1,000 game mark whereas in the Championship 'you need more of a coaching manager'.

Think it's just a case that Levein is a bit old to be taking the training every single day, isn't meant to be held in a great regard by his players generally anyways and it'd be good to have someone younger do that side of things for him. So the more stand offish style of management will suit him.

I still think he's a good manager tbh. Negative and dated? Yeah, definitely but doesn't mean he's finished either.

2 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

Having heard Levein talk about him recently Max will almost certainly play much more than he has done previously 

Levein played a part him in initially signing for Saints. Involved in him going on loan to Brechin as well. 

Levein also named him when asked who he thought was a good incoming talent about a year ago. 

Levein is a big fan!