Cove Vs Accies

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Accies got some strong options from the bench which could be the difference in the last 45 minutes

I have to disagree here. Our squad looks deep, but I'm not convinced there is anyone outwith our starting XI that strengthens our side. Maybe O'Hara but not if he is going to be brought on to replace McGlynn.

If anything our bench weakens our side. Especially Mumbongo.

A shite result but at least Falkirk only drew so are still within a game's reach.

Another game which showed that Rankin is not the man to take us further and ultimately get us out of this league. First 2 changes lost the game Hendre for Murray when your trying to win the game is completely embarrassing and is the sort of subs that cost us last season which lead to relegation obviously the past board played a huge part of relegation as well. He's been backed though this year and still gets it wrong far too often for a team fighting for the title. Ian McCall has won this division twice and currently doesn't have a club we should go and get him before it's too late.

O'Hara for McGlynn was fine and we were much better in the 2nd half. Hendrie for Murray was bizarre and created the space for Reynolds to set up the goal.

Never rated Rankin but cant blame him for things like Tumilty over hitting 6 crosses from great positions.

Had to laugh at Accies fan who said the season is over 😂.  3 points behind with 24 games to go FFS.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

O'Hara for McGlynn was fine and we were much better in the 2nd half. Hendrie for Murray was bizarre and created the space for Reynolds to set up the goal.

Never rated Rankin but cant blame him for things like Tumilty over hitting 6 crosses from great positions.

Had to laugh at Accies fan who said the season is over 😂.  3 points behind with 24 games to go FFS.

It should of been O'Hara or Smith for Murray and Hendrie should never of came on. He will 100% start O'Hara next week which will see us drop more points. Tumilty was miles off it today I agree with that which is frustrating because he was on a good run imo. Rankin was the manager that got us relegated and won't be the manger that will get us promoted. It's not over yet but by the time we will get rid of him it will be.. 

Couldn't make this in the end, very disappointing result.

Knew I was right to be concerned, what is about Hartley that we just struggle so much to get a result against him.

Obviously can't comment on the performance, but going by the stats, it seems we were the team more on top, but just toothless when getting towards their goal, which has been the main concern this season.

The positive being that Falkirk only drew, so still right behind them, but this is just another indication that we need to do something about our attack, to try and create more clear cut chances.

5 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Couldn't make this in the end, very disappointing result.

Knew I was right to be concerned, what is about Hartley that we just struggle so much to get a result against him.

Obviously can't comment on the performance, but going by the stats, it seems we were the team more on top, but just toothless when getting towards their goal, which has been the main concern this season.

The positive being that Falkirk only drew, so still right behind them, but this is just another indication that we need to do something about our attack, to try and create more clear cut chances.

The last time we got promoted, our first defeat of the season came against a side managed by Paul Hartley, so the vibes are still good imo

On 04/11/2023 at 19:39, FuzzyBear said:

That's a wild shout. One loss for us coupled with an Accies win by a few goals and it's swap places. Long long way to go yet. 

On 07/11/2023 at 09:47, ebobsboy said:

That's a wild shout. One loss for us coupled with an Accies win by a few goals and it's swap places. Long long way to go yet. 

It is. I think it reflects pretty well though on the general feeling amongst our fans RE: Rankin's managerial abilities i.e. we have little to no faith in them.

38 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It is. I think it reflects pretty well though on the general feeling amongst our fans RE: Rankin's managerial abilities i.e. we have little to no faith in them.

Yep I think we've got the players to get promoted but not the manager and with Rankin charge I don't think we will win the league.