Motherwell v Aberdeen 01.11.23

4 hours ago, betting competition said:

Not really a lot of options if you are wearing colours! Cooper Bar which is at the ground does let away support in but I think you might have to be early to get in. Club 100 used to let away support but there was trouble with Hibs and Motherwell Bois just after COVID so they stopped away support going in. I used to go to Jack Daniels (now The Steelworks Bar & Grill) but I believe they don't allow away support either. Few lads have went to the Electric Bar said it was ok but not sure on their rules with away support.

You might have to drink the city centre which is a fair hike to the ground. 

Sure I was told people can buy on the night at the pod but best check with Ticket office. 

Electric have been no away fans the last few times.

Few pints around Central station then train through.

38 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Hopefully still on but some amount of rain a few miles from Motherwell 

Not been particularly bad in Mwell, was worse earlier this morning and was off for majority of the late morning and afternoon.

Back to 1 up top and 4 in midfield.

Wilkinson and Miller both in from the start. Probably the best we can put out on the basis Butcher and Mika aren’t ready to start yet. 

Not feeling over confident, mainly because there’s no way Aberdeen can be as shit again as they were at the weekend. I’d take a point but think we’ll lose out by the odd goal… 1-2. 

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

The 3-6-1 has a certain logic to it but while Wilkinson more of a threat than Bair if we reach the box , you can see him really struggling alone.

It'll be a long haul trying to stay goalless till we're allowed to bring biereth on!

Assuming no reaction from Saturday we should see Mika on 70 minutes? 

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

The 3-6-1 has a certain logic to it but while Wilkinson more of a threat than Bair if we reach the box , you can see him really struggling alone.

It'll be a long haul trying to stay goalless till we're allowed to bring biereth on!

Agreed on the Wilkinson/Bair point. No doubt Wilkinson is more likely to score but not sure how he’ll do in the Bair facilitator role. 

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the plan is to keep it scoreless until 60-70 mins and then unleash Biereth and see if we can nick it. The keeping it scoreless bit is the worry based on what we saw on Saturday! 

Edited by dezz

Surely if we can shoehorn Spencer in as a left wing back we could find a way to replace Mugabi with Blaney?

I get Biereth only being a sub after a while out but I wonder if he could feature from the start rather than bring him on when we 2-0 down? Same with Butcher.

At least Kettlewell has eyes and Bair and Shaw are now permanently glued to the bench.