Motherwell v Aberdeen 01.11.23

That was a pleasant surprise.

I think tonight is maybe the night I begun to understand Dante Polvara. He fundamentally isn’t a particularly good footballer, but I can see the case for him serving a really important tactical function, especially if he can use his frame effectively.

McGrath, Miovski and Clarkson were all excellent. Everybody else very good.

Holy shit that was awful.

Really all stems from the line up Kettlewell put out and the system in the first half. Coupled with some classic cases of Liam Kelly being posted missing.

Wilkinson was worse than no one up front in the first half. Constantly looking round to see if he should press. No. He should be the person choosing when to press and everyone should be reacting off his play. Instead he stood in space between 3 Aberdeen players and took himself out the play. Slattery and Spittal got drawn too far up and also allowed themselves to be passed around because is was a half arsed effort.

We looked a bit better at the start of the second half. Not helped by the ref being somehow blind to fouls by Aberdeen but not the reason we were so shite.

Hopefully Biereth is in a position to start going forward.

For any Aberdeen fan who watched that, unrelated to any of the goals, can you give an assessment of the ref tonight.

I genuinely think I am fairly balanced in my view of things but no doubt there is a bit of ‘Well bias, but I thought he was awful.

One of the strangest decisions was to book the Aberdeen keeper when no real time wasting had occurred.

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

For any Aberdeen fan who watched that, unrelated to any of the goals, can you give an assessment of the ref tonight.

I genuinely think I am fairly balanced in my view of things but no doubt there is a bit of ‘Well bias, but I thought he was awful.

One of the strangest decisions was to book the Aberdeen keeper when no real time wasting had occurred.

There was a five minute spell where he gave everything against Motherwell. This then led to Well fans getting upset about some decisions that were blatantly correct.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

There was a five minute spell where he gave everything against Motherwell. This then led to Well fans getting upset about some decisions that were blatantly correct.

Aye this is more or less how I seen it too. I was happy to go along with it in the moment as its more fun for the ref to be against you than it is to accept we're being cuffed.

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

Never seen a ref so in favour of us, so this is what it is like to be Rangers or Celtic against diddy teams

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye this is more or less how I seen it too. I was happy to go along with it in the moment as its more fun for the ref to be against you than it is to accept we're being cuffed.

Some of the decisions were awful. My head would have been detached if that was against us 🤣