St Johnstone v Killie

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

he’s made to stay off the park for ages when he’s clearly ready to come back on while Killie launch a dangerous attack. Why?

Particularly liked the way that him waiting so long led to Considine being perfectly placed to stop an overload at the back post, which likely isnt stopped without him coming in from the touchline at that exact moment, and win us a throw in though 😂

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Assume we'll never see that ref in the top flight again, absolutely miles out his depth. Absolutely no idea how Wright avoided a second yellow, or how Watson avoided a red for swinging an elbow (twice), seems VAR is just pot luck on what it actually looks for.

Type of scrappy win, with fans getting behind players who are digging in, that everyone needed. We've still pretty big issues organisation wise and think Killie were just unlucky not to score from a set play, but hopefully a new manager can sort that.

Graham Carey was superb.

Behave, there is absolutely no chance Watson should have been done for swinging an elbow. His booking was a joke - his fingers touched the boys face and he fell down. Elbow was nowhere near him. 

If we’d lost an equaliser I’m not sure I could forgive Stevie May for that moment not long after he came on when we broke all he had to do was square the ball to Costelloe(?) who was alone at the edge of the box. Instead he turned back onto his right foot and played a powder puff pass that was cut out for a corner.  It was a ridiculous waste of a great opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Behave, there is absolutely no chance Watson should have been done for swinging an elbow. His booking was a joke - his fingers touched the boys face and he fell down. Elbow was nowhere near him. 

Im fairly sure it was him in the first half who caught Kane cleanly with his elbow (although i might be wrong).

Id question why the East Stand linesman never saw it, but all he gave all day was an offside that was wrong.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If we’d lost an equaliser I’m not sure I could forgive Stevie May for that moment not long after he came on when we broke all he had to do was square the ball to Costelloe(?) who was alone at the edge of the box. Instead he turned back onto his right foot and played a powder puff pass that was cut out for a corner.  It was a ridiculous waste of a great opportunity.

Costelloe wouldve missed tbf, can already see him going full bambi and tripping over his own feet.

I knew the minute Saints announced McLean was emptied we'd struggle tonight.

As for our supporters who travelled, after the last two results, feel sorry for them having to witness another false dawn from this bunch.

Previously you could lay some of the blame at DM's door for tinkering with the team but tonight that horrendous start was solely down to the guys on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, energyzone said:

The worst performer for Killie tonight was the idiot fan who threw the flare onto the park and delayed the restart, ruining any chance of building momentum after that point.  Throbber.

Same thing happened in a home game last year and I was raging.

As for the result I wasn’t there so can’t comment on performance but going 2 down in the first 10 minutes is pretty disgraceful. The same 11 played well on Sunday and 10 of those 11 played well the previous week so I’m not going to hammer them but the inconsistency is killing me.

League will be tight.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Same thing happened in a home game last year and I was raging.

100%, again tonight, gave Saints a chance to regroup. 

They can f**k off to Parkhead or Ibrox with their pyro nonsense.

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

If anybody finds out what went on in the Killie end midway through the first half, let me know - I’m a nosy c**t. Looked like they were scrapping amongst themselves or with stewards. 

Judging by the smell think someone was trying to set off pyro and stewards piled in to try and throw someone out and then a load of Millie fans steamed in to defend their wee nerdy pal who ran and hid.

41 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I thought he was doing fine til the red card, then he completely lost the run of it. Crazy challenge by Costello and he can have no complaints at all. But after that some of the decisions were crazy. I’ve never seen a keeper booked for timewasting when they’ve actually only been in possession of the ball for about two seconds. The Considine injury was a nonsense too-clear foul not given then he’s made to stay off the park for ages when he’s clearly ready to come back on while Killie launch a dangerous attack. Why?

Great to start a game so well and our response to conceding what was from our side of it a poor goal was encouraging. Still lots to work on but it’s a step in the right direction.

Maybe harsh but was fouls on Mitov & May along with Considine just waved play on.

Believe you need to stay off for 30 seconds now to avoid time wasting.

East stand assistant seemed to be spooked by the terrible offside call for 1st goal & got so many wrong.

Not sure about the red, was forceful but more a trip than studs up. Probably less than the Gordon red card that was overturned.

8 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Not sure about the red, was forceful but more a trip than studs up. Probably less than the Gordon red card that was overturned.

On watching it back it’s a bad lunge and hard to argue against the red card.

Kennedy is always wanting you to dive in, players need to stand up and be patient and force him to make the move instead of getting drawn into challenging.

The red card was always going to be given as a red card but its one of those ones where VAR isn't really looking at what's happened. 

The still image make it look like Costello's lunged forwards into Kennedys knee which would be far beyond a red, when in reality it was a sideways motions with a small nick. Still a red but nothing like the legbreaker the still image portrays.

Then you have Kennedy who is totally fine and its already looking at the referee while in mid-air, then waits a second or two before remembering to start hamming it up. Obviously tonnes of players do that, and its still a red, but quite funny to see.

Would love if Kane can stay fit for a few weeks, we've missed him hugely this season.

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

If anybody finds out what went on in the Killie end midway through the first half, let me know - I’m a nosy c**t. Looked like they were scrapping amongst themselves or with stewards. 

3 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

Judging by the smell think someone was trying to set off pyro and stewards piled in to try and throw someone out and then a load of Millie fans steamed in to defend their wee nerdy pal who ran and hid.

Supposidly your stewards got a bit heavy handed with a wee guy who was standing in the walkway because he wouldn't sit down.

I haven't seen any footage yet but apparently plenty around him have it on video.

Edited by C4mmy31

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Supposidly your stewards got a bit heavy handed with a wee guy who was standing in the walkway because he wouldn't sit down.

I haven't seen any footage yet but apparently plenty around him have it on video.

Thought it’d be something along those lines, there was quite a few of them stood on the stairs. Did see quite a few phone torches on whilst it was all happening too. 

24 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Saw the red back. Cannae believe there's folk in saying it's soft. It's an absolute textbook red. Ball nowhere to be seen, guy fully just going in to do his opponent, leg high, studs up, doing him on the knee. Horrific challenge. 

This but without the horrific bit.

Good to see the fight in the team last night. Not sure that too much was learned, more things confirmed really.

Firstly Ryan McGowan might not be a worldbeater but we're improved when he plays, in whatever position. Wonder why he was frozen out? Next, I've been growing to really like Smith. Some of his passing last night was sublime and he puts in a shift.

Next is that both Costelloe and Robinson can, for me at least, be happily launched. Dara is nowhere near good enough except as a backup striker and Robinson, depite people saying he had a decent game, is also miles off. He puts in a good cross but looks lost when he's being run at. Sure he can time a tackle but it's always high risk stuff. As others have said, Kane and Nicky have to stay fit. We could have done with Kane staying on after the red (which was a red) to drag us up the park at least a bit and give some respite.

Lastly, Sven Sprangler is a lunatic, in a good way. Breaking away from the team and sprinting around the touchlines, with a massive grin on his pus, coming into the crowd and kissing what I assume was is partner - all exemplary behaviour. Cult hero stuff.

Felt like an oldschool Saints performance last night but we're still awfully short of quality in many areas of the pitch. 2 goals for a returning striker, 3 points, a determined home performance and Dara Costelloe suspended. A clean sheet would have been nice but I'll take that.