St Johnstone v Killie

10 hours ago, energyzone said:

The worst performer for Killie tonight was the idiot fan who threw the flare onto the park and delayed the restart, ruining any chance of building momentum after that point.  Throbber.

Can't blame us barely cresting a chance on a flare. We were dross.

9 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

100%, again tonight, gave Saints a chance to regroup. 

They can f**k off to Parkhead or Ibrox with their pyro nonsense.

There was w VAR check. Teams regroup afrer goals all the time. We didn't lose last night due to a flare. We lost as their keeper barely touched the ball.

Red looked absolutely nothing like it at the game from my view in the East Stand but aye, clear red. I said that about Gordons though and it got overturned so *shrugs* who knows with refs.

Costelloe struggled defensively but hes winger/attacker whos played about 30 senior games coming up against Matty Kennedy. I didnt think he was too bad yesterday, but clearly lacks some quality on the ball.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I didn't think Dara was that bad last night. I also didn't think Robinson was bad either, not much went past him, that's why Killie had so many corners on his side. I think you need to look at who they were up against as well, Armstrong and Kennedy, possibly Killies most dangerous players.

This. I did wonder if it took both a while to figure out how one footed both Armstrong/Kennedy are though, as things seemed to improve the more they defended against them.

Maybe something we need to look at for them going forward since they wont know players in the league that well?

Aye I disagree on Robinson in particular. As a 21-year-old playing his 53rd senior game last night, I thought he dealt with Armstrong pretty well, especially in the second half. Has had his moments but for the most part he’s been solid since moving to centre half.  You can see him improving with every game. 

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Good to see the fight in the team last night. Not sure that too much was learned, more things confirmed really.

Firstly Ryan McGowan might not be a worldbeater but we're improved when he plays, in whatever position. Wonder why he was frozen out? Next, I've been growing to really like Smith. Some of his passing last night was sublime and he puts in a shift.

Next is that both Costelloe and Robinson can, for me at least, be happily launched. Dara is nowhere near good enough except as a backup striker and Robinson, depite people saying he had a decent game, is also miles off. He puts in a good cross but looks lost when he's being run at. Sure he can time a tackle but it's always high risk stuff. As others have said, Kane and Nicky have to stay fit. We could have done with Kane staying on after the red (which was a red) to drag us up the park at least a bit and give some respite.

Lastly, Sven Sprangler is a lunatic, in a good way. Breaking away from the team and sprinting around the touchlines, with a massive grin on his pus, coming into the crowd and kissing what I assume was is partner - all exemplary behaviour. Cult hero stuff.

Felt like an oldschool Saints performance last night but we're still awfully short of quality in many areas of the pitch. 2 goals for a returning striker, 3 points, a determined home performance and Dara Costelloe suspended. A clean sheet would have been nice but I'll take that.

Not sure what game you were watching - Robinson was excellent last night against a very tricky opponent. Costelloe was fine until a daft moment for the red.

On 02/11/2023 at 09:20, True Saintee said:

Not sure what game you were watching - Robinson was excellent last night against a very tricky opponent. Costelloe was fine until a daft moment for the red.

Robinson was indeed very good. Armstrong never got the better of him once. He's defensively miles ahead of both Gallagher and Booth. Offensively none of them offer much. That's why you play wingers in front. 

Anyone saying he didn't play well though isn't a case of a difference of opinion, it's just wrong. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

32 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Certainly his best performance as a left wing-back. Have never thought that he looks particularly natural when going forward, and is therefore maybe more suited to being on the left of a central three, but that performance changed my mind somewhat.

I can't decide if his offensive issues are down to a lack of quality or lack of confidence. Hopefully the improvement suggests the latter. He was excellent defensively against a player that's causes issues.