Arbroath Vs Partick Thistle

That was terrible.  Partick will be disappointed not to be more goals ahead, because they comfortably had the beating of us there.  

By starting Bird AND Hylton AND McIntosh, we're effectively playing a 4-3-3, and it shows.  We've had to resort to big punts up the pitch, which are being happily swallowed up by the Thistle defence.  I'm getting a bit sick of that big punt from Gaston being comfortably headed away with our strikers nowhere near it.  We need something else in midfield, as Thistle will happily defend these high balls all day long.

The ref is very much favouring both sets of defenders, it feels like our strikers getting absolutely nothing and I can see why Hylton and Bird were so angry.  Conversely though, our defence are doing exactly the same to Thistle.

That was infuriating, we'd started to come into the game and were playing some good stuff when that happened.

Starting to see the influence of Malky's coaching.  Slater furiously shouting and pointing, before carefully playing a short suicide pass straight to the opposition was classic Malky!

Just poor on every level.  Line up and tactics were poor, individually, our players have been poor.  There have been so many bad passes and slips.  They don't seem to be on the same wavelength either.  A lot of mistimed runs and passes to nowhere.  Its not often I say this, but we just don't look up for the game, and its very rare I think that about a Dick Campbell team.  

Credit has to go to Thistle for a comprehensive victory, and for looking like a much better team.  They have completely nullified us and played some good stuff.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Never in doubt and great to have Fitzy back in imperious form ably assisted by a much improved McInroy .Everyone played their part and seem to be back on some sort of pleasing form . 

BBG top scorer in league ...what a Dude.

Next up the Chino clad one's Hoofers.

Concur with what’s been said. Partick well deserved the win and probably should have had more. Arbroath embarrassingly bad. Team selection, formation, hoofball tactics, lack of a plan B when things go wrong, show that the Campbells have little to offer and should consider calling it a day.  Ricky Little should also seriously consider if he can continue to play at this level.