DAFC vs DUFC - Friday Night Lights

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Dundee Utd absolutely walking this league as every single reasonably big club should do.

It blows my mind that some clubs like Ayr and Morton haven’t been able to get past this level in over 30 years, that’s not even trolling either I just don’t understand how you can get trapped at this level for so long.

Because they're not big clubs? 

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Dundee Utd absolutely walking this league as every single reasonably big club should do.

It blows my mind that some clubs like Ayr and Morton haven’t been able to get past this level in over 30 years, that’s not even trolling either I just don’t understand how you can get trapped at this level for so long.

Good point, hurts a lot but no idea how that’s happened tbh

Perfect example of why United will win this league comfortably. They were far from their best tonight but they’ve come away with three points.

We should get better with Todd and KRH back in contention but would take staying up if we have to go any length of time with that absolute pudding Sharp in the goals.

Can take getting beat as long as we play well. We did play well, but our goalkeepers have chucked in two goals that we should be getting rid of easily. It’s something that needs sorted pronto.

End of the day, we did pretty much next to f*ck all that second half, and can only blame ourselves for not getting anything from that. 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Because they're not big clubs? 

Well my point about big clubs was aimed more at Dundee Utd.

For Morton and Ayr I just find it baffling when you think almost every other club of their size (and a lot of smaller ones) have been up and down at least a couple of times. 

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Can take getting beat as long as we play well. We did play well, but our goalkeepers have chucked in two goals that we should be getting rid of easily. It’s something that needs sorted pronto.

End of the day, we did pretty much next to f*ck all that second half, and can only blame ourselves for not getting anything from that. 

Should have had a penalty. Jakubiak put through on goal and was wrongly judged ooffside. No guarantees he scores right enough 😂😂

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Perfect example of why United will win this league comfortably. They were far from their best tonight but they’ve come away with three points.

We should get better with Todd and KRH back in contention but would take staying up if we have to go any length of time with that absolute pudding Sharp in the goals.

We had plenty games like that in League 1. League winners get wins out of games where they are sluggish and not at their best. 

Looking forward to the Pub Team fans coming along to say we lost that on purpose so their team don’t win the league. 

For me, our two best players tonight were Middleton and McMann, which is a statement that would've been met with derision by most last season. I've always liked them even when they were pish, so delighted to see them performing.

We took real command of that game tonight when Mochrie was brought on. Not because he was amazing, but because we started to play with Mochrie and Glass as 8s, and that let us play the ball between players in spaces in central areas going forward.

When we play with two 6s and a 10, everything keeps doing that U-loop from side to back to side.

I really don't see the need for two 6s in this league. We always seem to play better when Glass (or Mochrie) is playing a little deeper rather than pairing Sibbald with Doherty or Tillson.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Should have had a penalty. Jakubiak put through on goal and was wrongly judged ooffside. No guarantees he scores right enough 😂😂

Should have but didn’t. There’s the difference. 

Just take the positives and move on. 

Despite what you hear from the BBC, Mochrie didn’t do too much in a Pars shirt, but he was alright. Awk well, I did say to the Mrs he would win it for them purely based on the fact he played for us. 

Can’t really ask for much more from the team. It’s the goalkeepers that have let us down tonight. 

10 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

For me, our two best players tonight were Middleton and McMann, which is a statement that would've been met with derision by most last season. I've always liked them even when they were pish, so delighted to see them performing.

We took real command of that game tonight when Mochrie was brought on. Not because he was amazing, but because we started to play with Mochrie and Glass as 8s, and that let us play the ball between players in spaces in central areas going forward.

When we play with two 6s and a 10, everything keeps doing that U-loop from side to back to side.

I really don't see the need for two 6s in this league. We always seem to play better when Glass (or Mochrie) is playing a little deeper rather than pairing Sibbald with Doherty or Tillson.

Agree with most of this but Doc keeps it ticking forwards too.

Tillson, I'm starting to seriously dislike

He pings a ball back to the defenders then does this stupid sprint into the final third so if the defender loses the ball he's got an extra 20yds to cover for a defensive midfielder.

Not the worst player but there's things about him that irritate me.