Mighty QP v The streets of Raith

40 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Clearly should be an easy win for the Spiders but then again maybe not. I'd be happy with a narrow win for us.

A bit more careful in possession and mainly doing our best to keep eleven on the pitch for the duration and we'll be in with a shout.

This is the start of 4 away games on the bounce. I'd be happy to bookend it with wins here and against Caley and exit both Cups. Probably should be a close game, QP might have won the earlier game at Starks if it hadn't been for the silly red card and our ability to score late goals this season.

I see they have chosen to squeeze the Raith fans into section P4 instead of using the acres of space on the other side that would ensure a better spectator experience for everyone.

Looking forward to the laughable  spectacle of segregated turnstile queues (complete with security scanning)……. that emerge into the exact same area of the concourse……for everyone to then queue at the exact same kiosks

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

I see they have chosen to squeeze the Raith fans into section P4 instead of using the acres of space on the other side that would ensure a better spectator experience for everyone.

Looking forward to the laughable  spectacle of segregated turnstile queues (complete with security scanning)……. that emerge into the exact same area of the concourse……for everyone to then queue at the exact same kiosks

Quite something to only be expecting 1000 odd fans yet still manage to give us a shitty view. Joke of a stadium, should have been flattened and the national stadium moved to Murrayfield.

30 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Never heard of it. 

Although the error has been attributed to commentators David Coleman or Frank Bough, it was Leitch who, when the Scottish football team Raith Rovers won a match, said "They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight". This was seen as a display of ignorance since Raith Rovers play in the town of Kirkcaldy.

27 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Quite something to only be expecting 1000 odd fans yet still manage to give us a shitty view. Joke of a stadium, should have been flattened and the national stadium moved to Murrayfield.

The other side of the south stand has been open for a few other clubs. I'd assume the decision on whether to bother with that, which must obviously cost a decent bit more money, will be based on how many fans the travelling side expect to bring.

Edited to add: there are issues with both sets of fans being in the same general area, but the view isn't one of them, it's fine.

Edited by Zanetti

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Although the error has been attributed to commentators David Coleman or Frank Bough, it was Leitch who, when the Scottish football team Raith Rovers won a match, said "They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight". This was seen as a display of ignorance since Raith Rovers play in the town of Kirkcaldy.

Thanks mate. 

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Am I right saying QP haven't won a league game since the middle of August?.... Yet are only a couple points off the promotion playoff spot. 

Yep. Last beat Arbroath on August 19th and are currently 1 point off 4th. Stupid league. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Am I right saying QP haven't won a league game since the middle of August?.... Yet are only a couple points off the promotion playoff spot. 

79 days, not that I'm counting or anything. We're at least a bit harder to beat now and have shown a lot of resilience over the past few weeks, but these draws need to start turning into wins. If we can cut out the daft mistakes at the back that may very well happen.