Mighty QP v The streets of Raith

Cheerio Veldman. The lack of bottle is absolutely astounding from everyone involved. Insane substitutes once again taking off McPherson and Thomas on the right side for a boy essentially making his debut via the youth team and Healy who hasn’t been seen for about 6 weeks. Utterly needless when we looked in control at that point. The visible drop off in game management was nothing short of a disgrace 

Fair play to Raith. If only we had even an ounce of bottle like yourselves 

Jarrett, Healy and Hepburn - not one of them good enough to play at this level, and yet these are the guys we're bringing off the bench to close the game out. Veldman is obviously clueless and there's no doubt he needs to go, but the one thing you can say in his defence is that he's been handed an absolute dud of a squad to work with. And Beuker's the one that should be taking the blame for that.

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'll forgive him the lapse on this occasion 

5 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Cut him some slack this time ffs! 

I’d love it, but the IFAB Law of the Game REQUIRE a yellow for taking off the shirt, period. Knowing that, and knowing he was on five yellows, it’s mindblowing that he couldn’t do something else. If he’s on four, I’d still prefer he didn’t, but it’s more understandable…but he’s a professional. I love him, but…

Just now, TxRover said:

I’d love it, but the IFAB Law of the Game REQUIRE a yellow for taking off the shirt, period. Knowing that, and knowing he was on five yellows, it’s mindblowing that he couldn’t do something else. If he’s on four, I’d still prefer he didn’t, but it’s more understandable…but he’s a professional. I love him, but…

We were 2-1 down with minutes left. I don't think he'll really be too compos mentis about the number of bookings he's picked up when he's put us 3-2 up with what was likely to be a last minute winner with 10 men. It's daft, aye, but it's his first goal in a few years and a vital one at that. 

Just now, Skeletar Spider said:

Jarrett, Healy and Hepburn - not one of them good enough to play at this level, and yet these are the guys we're bringing off the bench to close the game out. Veldman is obviously clueless and there's no doubt he needs to go, but the one thing you can say in his defence is that he's been handed an absolute dud of a squad to work with. And Beuker's the one that should be taking the blame for that.

3ea07301-1460-4c17-8c5e-afe6c79725b2.thumb.jpeg.f3850ac5877223dd52637c855df5df99.jpeg

His victory lap and sideswipe at fans after a 2-2 draw, at home, continuing to age like a fine milk. 

6 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Agreed. All would look handy in a game of 5 a side but lack zero heart whatsoever in first team football. Could not believe Healy’s ‘attempt’ of stopping the cross for Raith’s 2nd. You’d think he ran his heart out for 90 minutes with how slow he was going. I’m not surprised he’s not seen the pitch for a long while, unfortunately doesn’t look the player I thought he’d be 

Hepburn’s decision making for the 3v2 at 2-1 was inexcusable and the lack of strength in him to win the ball back was infuriating

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

3ea07301-1460-4c17-8c5e-afe6c79725b2.thumb.jpeg.f3850ac5877223dd52637c855df5df99.jpeg

His victory lap and sideswipe at fans after a 2-2 draw, at home, continuing to age like a fine milk. 

We were a half of football away from winning the actual title this season, but aye, lollipops all round for managing to avoid a gubbing for a few weeks.

There's no tick box for "bottle" in the standard Beuker player monitoring form. I don't know which was worse, today's shambolic meltdown or the the chaotic defeat v Ayr at Hampden. Actually it's today I think as the whole shambles was condensed into a shorter time period. There are no words for Veldman's decision making.

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Hepburn’s decision making for the 3v2 at 2-1 was inexcusable and the lack of strength in him to win the ball back was infuriating

A total liability. Eased off the ball repeatedly like he's a primary schools player playing against adults. Paton would have better off turning and blootering the ball out the park instead of passing to him.

8 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

We were a half of football away from winning the actual title this season, but aye, lollipops all round for managing to avoid a gubbing for a few weeks.

I didn’t expect us to be anywhere near a title challenge. In fact, I don’t think the squad we had last season even had any real right, on paper, to be where it was. Ultimately, the guy who should be managing the team is several thousand miles away. A decision which I also suspect wasn’t entirely Owen Coyle’s. 

Edited by an86