The Mo vs Annan

The Mo will be looking to get back to winning ways at LP after the 0-3 TV defeat by Hamilton.  But should be well-boosted by Saturday's 5-1 victory over Edinburgh City, as well as a decent win at Annan in the first quarter (and we are much improved since then).

Some Mo selection issues - Will Dillon be back in central defence despite very good performances from Graham and Waddell at the weekend (we'll forget about the own goal) ?    Machado did not look match fit, but did he do enough to keep his place on the wing from Webster ?   Callaghan played well and probably deserves to start again, but is Brown too good to leave on the bench ?

23 minutes ago, Mo-time said:

The Mo will be looking to get back to winning ways at LP after the 0-3 TV defeat by Hamilton.  But should be well-boosted by Saturday's 5-1 victory over Edinburgh City, as well as a decent win at Annan in the first quarter (and we are much improved since then).

Some Mo selection issues - Will Dillon be back in central defence despite very good performances from Graham and Waddell at the weekend (we'll forget about the own goal) ?    Machado did not look match fit, but did he do enough to keep his place on the wing from Webster ?   Callaghan played well and probably deserves to start again, but is Brown too good to leave on the bench ?

Brown is a player who seems to have progressed well over the last season or so. Liked him whenever I've seen him play against us or when I've been to Links Park to take in a Mo game.

Both he and Miller Thomson (a great bit of business from Petrie) have movement and a creative spark. Miller reminds me of Declan Glass, cut from the same mould.

With Lyons in there too it's a strong attacking midfield supporting Hester. Masson's fight and ability to break up play is a miss but doing well without him so far.

Our game a week on Tuesday under the lights should be well contested.

I wouldn't expect many changes, I think Brown being dropped was a bit of a kick up the arse as he'd been a bit poorer in previous couple of games, he may come back in this weekend.  Same for Webster.

Dillon is 40 and although still very fit, can't be playing 90 minutes every week.  I think Luke Graham did well in his place and deserves a run of games from the start.  

As for the game, yes Annan have improved as the season progresses but we should still be string enough to take the 3 points.  3-1 victory to the Mo

HT and the Mo struggling in this game.  Annan came out of the traps much quicker and Montrose never recovered the whole half and failed to stamp any kind of authority.

Annan pressing very effectively and over-running in the midfield.

Surely very early subs in the second half.

What do I know, no early subs and the Mo came out like a rocket and proceeded to play at frenetic pace all half.  Probably a bit too frenetic, chasing the game.

Equalising with 15 mins to go, fully expected them to go on to win but they slightly ran out of puff and nothing really came off for our 'skill' players.

A draw seems a fair result given the mirror of the two half's.  BBC website summed it up:

HT: Mo 3 shots, Annan 10 shots

FT: Mo 15 shots, Annan 12 shots

Shout-out to Annan for making it a good game with strong performances from Luissant, Smith and Willie Gibson who ran their show from central midfield.

Only seen the second half but a heard we were woeful in the first half.

What I saw we huffed and puffed but Annan looked pretty well organised.That goal though from big Kerr Waddell that is how to attack a ball in the box....what a peach!

Big game Tuesday now up at Cove hopefully we can take a decent following up,Cove looked to have turned the corner a bit and it will be a real tough test.

We were lucky to get anything out of that game. Annan were the better team from start to finish.  We could have been 3 or 4 down by half time. Bit better in the second half and after we scored,  we got a wee bit better but, had we sneaked, it would have been robbery. 

I tried to watch the match from outside the UK but it seems as if the univtec link is no longer working and there was no availability on the Watch Live tab. Is the club no longer streaming home games at 3pm on a Saturday? If that is the case, that is a bummer for those of us who can't make it to Links Park. Is it a cost consideration? I imagine it is not something there is a big demand for but I would have thought that lifting the ban on streaming 3pm matches for smaller clubs for those fans  who have no other means of watching the game - unlike big clubs, makes sense as the club will be getting revenue they wouldn't get otherwise. Okay Pixelot is a bit rubbish but it's better than nothing.