Mince Pie Watch 2023

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

The worst thing about that isn't the price but the fact they call them tarts when the packaging literally says pies. 

That’s far from the worst thing about the naming of items between the U.S. and the UK.

26 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Don’t even mention abbreviation punctuation consistency.

I've given up on that...the use of UK on this site has me doing that, while the preference for U.S. here has me doing that...i've still got to try to remember which way to put dates, when to add U's, etc.

Asda Extra Special Brown Butter and Rum Mince Pies

Every now and then, something happens in your life which makes you re-evaluate your thoughts and feelings [sometimes momentarily] towards a certain person, or thing. These pies have done that to me. I have denigrated Asda year on year in Mince Pie Watch (including this year) for their lies (extra special) and profiteering (over-priced crap). However, this offering from these horrible green fucks is truly outstanding. There is nothing I can say bad about the pies and it has, for one brief moment, turned my head towards Asda and allowed me to offer a brief "well done" nod of the head. Go sample these, before Asda go and f**k them up by changing the baker.

I hereby award this pie the rating of: CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB (Seasons 2021 - 22 & 2022 - 23), as they were fucking shite before this offering, amazing for this brief spell, and will [no doubt] continue to be shite again soon.

Asda Extra Special Brown Butter and Rum Mince Pies.jpg

On 16/12/2023 at 19:54, mathematics said:

Asda Extra Special Brown Butter and Rum Mince Pies

Every now and then, something happens in your life which makes you re-evaluate your thoughts and feelings [sometimes momentarily] towards a certain person, or thing. These pies have done that to me. I have denigrated Asda year on year in Mince Pie Watch (including this year) for their lies (extra special) and profiteering (over-priced crap). However, this offering from these horrible green fucks is truly outstanding. There is nothing I can say bad about the pies and it has, for one brief moment, turned my head towards Asda and allowed me to offer a brief "well done" nod of the head. Go sample these, before Asda go and f**k them up by changing the baker.

I hereby award this pie the rating of: CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB (Seasons 2021 - 22 & 2022 - 23), as they were fucking shite before this offering, amazing for this brief spell, and will [no doubt] continue to be shite again soon.

Asda Extra Special Brown Butter and Rum Mince Pies.jpg

Followed your advice and got some…..bloody hell, there’s something almost sexual about these mince pies 😍

IMG_0630.jpeg

On 17/12/2023 at 17:14, BB_Bino said:

Haven’t found any mince pies with icing this year….gutted 😔

Maybe if you hadn't been seduced by those extra special brown butter and rum mince pies in Asda you would have noticed on the bottom shelf Asda's own bog standard mince pied and iced mince pies for £1.75. Or maybe your local Asda just doesn't stock them? I've also seen them in Aldi too.