Pars vs ICT - Sat 18th November

The second of four consecutive league games at EEP and we need to be looking for three points after a poor recent run.

We were decent against United on Friday night and should not have lost the game but two major goalkeeping errors cost us big time.

It won’t be easy on Sat either as Caley Thistle seem transformed under Ferguson and no Pars fan would be surprised to see Wotherspoon scoring again.

Not sure Todd or Ritchie-Hosler will be ready for a start yet and we should be easing them back into things following their long lay offs.

Mehmet should start if he’s recovered but certainly hasn’t looked the same since he returned. Sharp and Little aren’t serious options though, so we need him to find his best form again.

6 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Good morning all.

I'm taking my son through to this for his first away day as we are down in Glasgow for the weekend.

What is parking like around the stadium or where is best in the area to park on matchdays?

Cheers 

Should be easy enough to get parked in Leys Park Road just behind the stadium.

Would only be a 5 minute walk from there - 10 if you’re sauntering.

1 hour ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Good morning all.

I'm taking my son through to this for his first away day as we are down in Glasgow for the weekend.

What is parking like around the stadium or where is best in the area to park on matchdays?

Cheers 

If you go on Google maps the area called Garvock is your best bet for free parking, have a drive up Garvock Hill and see where any spaces are, 5 minute walk from the ground if that. 

I do worry about this game. 

Reassuring to see teams now starting to worry about the charge of The Caley under big Dunc.

Shows we are moving in the right direction and its a culture change from the toothless early season displays against Dodds where opposition were looking at taking points from us.

A win on Sat and we're 3 places further up the table - plenty motivation to get the job done.

Duncball has me feeling delusionally confident. Staying in Dunfermline/somewhere cheap in the central belt as going to Scotland v Norway on Sunday so really looking forward to this weekend.

The Pars are a good side, I’d probably take a point from this however if we can play half as well as we did first half against United in our last away game we should be looking at winning this.

Whenever we head to East End Park I have traumatic flashbacks of my first visit in 2017, when you gave us a 5-1 doing. I patched doing the sub crawl during the day with my mates to go. Think that was the one and only time we saw our “game changer” that season, Big Susan Felitciano Zschusschen. Who knew we’d sign his reincarnation in Harry Lodovica 

Just now, scottbamby said:

Duncball has me feeling delusionally confident. Staying in Dunfermline/somewhere cheap in the central belt as going to Scotland v Norway on Sunday so really looking forward to this weekend.

The Pars are a good side, I’d probably take a point from this however if we can play half as well as we did first half against United in our last away game we should be looking at winning this.

Whenever we head to East End Park I have traumatic flashbacks of my first visit in 2017, when you gave us a 5-1 doing. I patched doing the sub crawl during the day with my mates to go. Think that was the one and only time we saw our “game changer” that season, Big Susan Felitciano Zschusschen. Who knew we’d sign his reincarnation in Harry Lodovica 

I should add, my mates were all absolutely hammered by the time I got back to Glasgow but the result very much helped me drown my sorrows quickly enough to catch up!!

TBH, it’s difficult to predict how the Pars will perform in this one. We struggle to score, but we have two guys back that could create even more chances than we have recently. 
I hope Moffat can/will get to play the full 90 minutes as he is the only player we have that can get a decent shot off. 
I must admit that I’m more optimistic about this game than I was against rovers and Dee utd, and we gave them a hard game.  

8 hours ago, scottbamby said:

I think Susan played in some of the league cup games, I remember him coming on against Stirling Albion and jobbing it about. I’m sure Robbo had been on the radio before the game talking up his new signing and there was an air excitement about him. Turns out he was just pish. 

I appear to have erased the last few years of games vs us at east end.

Last notable thing I can remember is when some Inverness boy who barely played got a start, ran about like a raging bull, got booked, kept charging about put in another 2 dodgy challenges where he was very lucky not to be sent off before Robertson hooked him after about 20 minutes and he was never seen again.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I appear to have erased the last few years of games vs us at east end.

Last notable thing I can remember is when some Inverness boy who barely played got a start, ran about like a raging bull, got booked, kept charging about put in another 2 dodgy challenges where he was very lucky not to be sent off before Robertson hooked him after about 20 minutes and he was never seen again.

Darren McAuley I believe that was. Think that was one of his few starts for us.

Funny thing was that when McAulay was interviewed in the press about his move (we signed him from Derry City) he said that he'd been practising yoga to improve his concentration and calmness in preparation for full time football.  Then we give him a start and he tries to kill half the Pars team.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Our home record against Caley is seriously honking.

Our record in general against them is howling.

From the club website (edited to include the game it was previewing, which was the one up there earlier in the season);

The sides have met 50 times before, Dunfermline winning 11, Inverness 19 with 20 matches having been drawn. In Inverness the record is won 4, lost 10 and drawn 9.