Fixture List,don’t make me laugh!

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

So while you're here. Why is WSFL due to finish on 16th March ( with majority playing in Junior Cup ) and ESFL due to complete by 11th May ( with no EoS clubs in Junior Cup I think I'm right in saying ). Now no-one actually believes the league will finish on 16th March but that's how it's currently planned. 8 weeks of a difference. Even if we go to end of March to finish league then that's still 6 weeks. With a potential league play off towards end of May, that's potentially quite a wait for West winners. What's reason for this ??

As you said it's not going to finish on 16th March, postponed fixtures will be fitted into the weeks between then and 11th May.

My counterpart in the East has a number of empty dates to fill up between the dates of fixtures that are listed, whereas I have listed games for each Saturday.

6 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

So while you're here. Why is WSFL due to finish on 16th March ( with majority playing in Junior Cup ) and ESFL due to complete by 11th May ( with no EoS clubs in Junior Cup I think I'm right in saying ). Now no-one actually believes the league will finish on 16th March but that's how it's currently planned. 8 weeks of a difference. Even if we go to end of March to finish league then that's still 6 weeks. With a potential league play off towards end of May, that's potentially quite a wait for West winners. What's reason for this ??

Short answer is the EOS fixtures have 7 blank Saturdays currently, for the Scottish Cup R4, SRCC last 16, two Premier Division reserve dates and three for the EOS League Cup, which doesn't begin until March - when the WOS Cup will be at the QF stage.

Also seems like a difference in philosophy - EOS Kenny stretches fixtures across the season with more gaps to fill (means waiting on cup tie outcomes to arrange fixtures), while WOS Kennie front loads the fixtures but leaves a gap at the end to fill (means more postponements during the season due to cup games). 

Edited by Ginaro

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Short answer is the EOS fixtures have 7 blank Saturdays currently, for the Scottish Cup R4, SRCC last 16, two Premier Division reserve dates and three for the EOS League Cup, which doesn't begin until March - when the WOS Cup will be at the QF stage.

Also seems like a difference in philosophy - EOS Kenny stretches fixtures across the season with more gaps to fill (means waiting on cup tie outcomes to arrange fixtures), while WOS Kennie front loads the fixtures but leaves a gap at the end to fill (means more postponements during the season due to cup games). 

3 hours ago, Kennie said:

As you said it's not going to finish on 16th March, postponed fixtures will be fitted into the weeks between then and 11th May.

My counterpart in the East has a number of empty dates to fill up between the dates of fixtures that are listed, whereas I have listed games for each Saturday.

My concern is that the West Champion - if licenced - will possibly need to wait several weeks between last West game and a play-off.  Thats how its currently scheduled for.  If we finish in March it'll be the earliest we've ever finished. In 2010 we played 26 games after 16th March. Last season we played 16 games after 16th March - finishing on 13th May ( around when EOS us due to finish ). We're currently ahead of many teams and we had a game v Bens brought forward a few weeks ago when neither team requested it and it does seem there is a keenness to get games played ? You didn't really address that implied concern Kennie

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Kennie's approach is dictated by the WoSFL Constitution and Rules, as the clubs asked for a full season fixture list by a certain date, and also asked for two lots of early season midweek fixtures.

Did they ask for the season to be planned to finish 10 weeks before a play-off ? 

Just now, BANKIEBILL said:

Did they ask for the season to be planned to finish 10 weeks before a play-off ? 

That isn't the plan. But there are 30 league fixtures and a lot more than 30 Saturdays in the season. So if a full fixture list is requested before the season starts, with every match scheduled, then naturally it is going to be initially scheduled to finish early. The reality is that cup ties and weather postponements then make the fixture list change and these ties make the season longer than the initial fixture list.

This has happened every year since the start of the WoSFL.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

That isn't the plan. But there are 30 league fixtures and a lot more than 30 Saturdays in the season. So if a full fixture list is requested before the season starts, with every match scheduled, then naturally it is going to be initially scheduled to finish early. The reality is that cup ties and weather postponements then make the fixture list change and these ties make the season longer than the initial fixture list.

This has happened every year since the start of the WoSFL.

It's literally the plan. 

2 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

My concern is that the West Champion - if licenced - will possibly need to wait several weeks between last West game and a play-off.  Thats how its currently scheduled for. 

Mine's more that it leaves a distorted run-in top and bottom of the table. Will everyone have a fixture on the last day of the season? Who gets a swing of home (or away) games to finish the season. That sort of thing.

5 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

It's literally the plan. 

Right, I'm putting this on the record. If Clydebank's season finishes ten weeks before the play-off, I will eat my foot live on Bankies TV in the centre circle of Holm Park that Saturday afternoon. Feel free to live stream it. 😉

Just now, BANKIEBILL said:

My concern is that the West Champion - if licenced - will possibly need to wait several weeks between last West game and a play-off.  Thats how its currently scheduled for.  If we finish in March it'll be the earliest we've ever finished. In 2010 we played 26 games after 16th March. Last season we played 16 games after 16th March - finishing on 13th May ( around when EOS us due to finish ). We're currently ahead of many teams and we had a game v Bens brought forward a few weeks ago when neither team requested it and it does seem there is a keenness to get games played ? You didn't really address that implied concern Kennie

There's 8 weeks after your last scheduled game - you have 2 league games outstanding, a cup game if you beat Pollok, likely a weather postponement or two, maybe a free week if your league opponents are in a cup game, etc. - so I doubt you'll be sitting around for weeks.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Mine's more that it leaves a distorted run-in top and bottom of the table. Will everyone have a fixture on the last day of the season? Who gets a swing of home (or away) games to finish the season. That sort of thing.

Yeah I also have a concern over that. I'm not wanting to do a pile on here. It's obviously a difficult job - I don't subscribe to the anyone can do in 20 minutes theory - it's just that we do seem to be aiming for a very ( too ) early end. We shouldn't be getting midweek games at moment to allow some teams to catch up ( and that is happening to an extent ). Really pleased not to have been in Junior Cup as that does skew things for a while. Anyway - I'm not expecting to be in a play off but hoping we are. I think it's a reasonable concern

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Right, I'm putting this on the record. If Clydebank's season finishes ten weeks before the play-off, I will eat my foot live on Bankies TV in the centre circle of Holm Park that Saturday afternoon. Feel free to live stream it. 😉

I'd not hold you to that pal. My expectation is not 10 weeks - but 6 weeks would be a long wait. 

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

There's 8 weeks after your last scheduled game - you have 2 league games outstanding, a cup game if you beat Pollok, likely a weather postponement or two, maybe a free week if your league opponents are in a cup game, etc. - so I doubt you'll be sitting around for weeks.

Look I hope not. I'm flagging up that currently we are scheduled to finish 8 or 9 weeks before play offs. If we don't have any o/s scheduled before 16th March and have a run in League Cup ( v difficult draw ) then plenty time to fit after 16th March. Benburb game points to wanting to get games played though even if you're ahead of most others. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

My frustration is that same teams getting handed mid week games all the time then teams like Largs, Beith etc…are never losing Saturday match revenue.  We are being punished by hosting mid week games due to having lights instead of playing games on a Saturday. Missing out on home Saturday games to the likes of talbot, pollock and nannies the three best supported clubs is a killer for teams. Mid week games should be scheduled for all teams, if they don’t have lights then forefeet the points, how can you run a club when you are being permanently penalised and the same teams running away with the cream all the time.   We are in a difficult enough financial before being penalised for having floodlights.  Time to play fair @Kennie 

Nannies! Well I suppose we’ve been called worse.

On 17/11/2023 at 15:38, glensmad said:

Is Kennie trying out as a ventriloquist?

Ah cannae see his lips moving.

2 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

My frustration is that same teams getting handed mid week games all the time then teams like Largs, Beith etc…are never losing Saturday match revenue.  We are being punished by hosting mid week games due to having lights instead of playing games on a Saturday. Missing out on home Saturday games to the likes of talbot, pollock and nannies the three best supported clubs is a killer for teams. Mid week games should be scheduled for all teams, if they don’t have lights then forefeet the points, how can you run a club when you are being permanently penalised and the same teams running away with the cream all the time.   We are in a difficult enough financial before being penalised for having floodlights.  Time to play fair @Kennie 

Play fair?

Other than the 2 Wednesdays used at the start of the season, Darvel have had 1 extra midweek game.

Of the 2 Wednesdays that were used at the start of the season, one of them was abandoned. That abandoned game was then played on a Saturday. So in actual terms Darvel have not played any more midweek games than anyone else in the division and in some cases it's actually less.

How's that for fairness?

6 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

ffs I'm only jesting with you.

You Blazers don't half take things serious.

I'm not the one taking things seriously. Seems like it did hit the target though.

And the last time I wore a blazer The Beatles were top of the charts with She Loves You.