Dundee vs. Hibs - the big swinging dicks destruction derby part II - Saturday 25th November 3pm #HiDees

Hard to get too annoyed aside from the abundance of missed chances, Hibs were clinical and we were far from it, but I still think we played well and on another day make the full comeback. Need to take something from Fir Park for sure though.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Fair play to hibs. Much better than us with 10 never mind 11. 

Shouldn't be surprised at this point but it's annoying that it took Doc until the 74th min to make his second sub. Persisting with Cameron, McGhee at RWB and the two strikers isn't going to improve us long term. We've had a decent start to the season but we can't get ahead of ourselves. Can't be giving teams an 85 minute head start. 

Well and County are must win games imo in the next 3 games. 

Hibs started the game much better than us.  We never really got going 1st half.  Second half was much better, albeit we were playing 10 men.  Really do need to start taking our chances though.  Bak missing a great chance just before Hibs scored their first goal being a prime example.

No complaints about the score from me.  Decent enough game to watch I thought.

There was a headline in The Courier through the week that summed the game up as a clash of styles and I thought that's exactly what it was.

We are very much a counter attacking team and are happy for the other team to have the ball. Hibs are the opposite and demand possession because they're very, very vulnerable when they've not got the ball. This led to us being a bit too passive than normal and allowing Hibs to look like prime Barca for a period. We still managed the better chances the first half despite not being at the races but we continually lack a form of clinicalness (to be expected from a side just promoted tbf!) therefore the best bit of play in the half resulted in us being a goal down.

Second half we came out better but probably our poorest defending of the season bar the Rangers game really hurt us. Our defence was sleeping as Hibs took a throw in that completely split our defence wide open - we managed to put it out for a corner and then they got their second. 

I see and hear a lot of criticism about Bakayoko online and at the game but he definitely adds that intangible force. His presence alone seems to cause backlines issues even if he's not having a particularly good game. He's our number 1 striker. I'm hoping Robinson manages to find a semblance of his previous form and displaces Rudden soon though. Rudden is a work horse but so frustrating at times. Basic passes he struggles to deal with but he's good at the wee flick on stuff.

The biggest positive out of today was Charlie Reilly's cameo. Made a real difference when he came on and looks to slowly be getting to grips with the league. I predict he'll be a big player for us in the second half of the season. Has a bit of the Greg Stewart about him. Let's hope he turns out to be half as good for us!

In regards to Hibs, the likes of Rocky and Miller continue to look like liabilities but that Tavares looks a player. Made our defenders look a bit silly quite a few times and there's not many teams or even individual players that can say that this season.

Top day out for the HIbees with a great support and really happy to see the transformation in Jair.  Has to be said that Dundee were unlucky not to take a point that would have been deserved but the dark blues will be fine this season, they've got a good manager and good players. A Top 6 finish won't be a shock for them. Just have a word with young Beck, he's an excellent young player with a big future but flashing imaginary cards at the ref is not cool

Lee Johnson truly wants his arse kicked.

Edited by AndyM