Ross County's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Ross County's next permanent manager?  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Coyle was sacked as the biggest diddy of the lot.

Derek Adams (first spell) 13 years ago left on his own terms, to be Colin Calderwood's assistant at Hibs.

Jimmy Calderwood's short-term contract wasn't renewed at the end of that 10/11 season (after the short-term Willie McStay disaster).

Everyone else has been sacked since, I think?

Only other one I can think off is Steven Ferguson on a technicality as he was moved to another role within the club.

4 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Too early for a punt on Rhys McCabe?

Simply, yes. In all seriousness though I’m sure he has a young family in school and has spoken previously about wanting them to be settled when he was appointed last summer.

3 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

2 Scottish managers who are doing quite well at the minute are John McGlynn and Ian Murray so think one of them for the hot seat. I'm sure some fud like Barry Ferguson or Lee McCulloch will be getting tipped by the record for the job

John McGlynn needed the big teams out of League One to make a run for the title despite having the biggest budget in the division, and even then Hamilton have threatened to show him up this term. Avoid. I’d be all for Ian Murray, his “quick send all of our strikers on the park for the last 20 minutes” style of football deserves the big time.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Went to check who was being touted on the Ross County forum this morning but couldn't find it. What happened to the old Jailend forum?

It's all on overthebridge now. The Jailender went years ago.

I've not been on OTB for an age either, mind you. That could be gone too, for all I know.

Whilst I would not normally want to see anybody lose their job, for MalKKKy MacKKKay I'll make an exception.

Is it too much to hope for that he is gone from Scottish football for good or was the Ross County gig all part of his rehabilitation and he is now in line for other jobs?

4 minutes ago, morrison said:

It's all on overthebridge now. The Jailender went years ago.

I've not been on OTB for an age either, mind you. That could be gone too, for all I know.

Yeah, OTB was put out of its misery last year. 

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Whilst I would not normally want to see anybody lose their job, for MalKKKy MacKKKay I'll make an exception.

Is it too much to hope for that he is gone from Scottish football for good or was the Ross County gig all part of his rehabilitation and he is now in line for other jobs?

I'm fucking terrified he ends up back in the fold at the SFA or at one of the Scotland youth teams.

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67426270

That's some spin, fair play- 

He saved County from relegation at the end of last season with a dramatic penalty shoot-out play-off win against Partick Thistle in Dingwall.

As for who should get it; failed Scotland managers who have seemingly retired ought to become a trend, so, Alex McLeish or Gordon Strachan? 

Someone find George Burley?

If saving you from relegation last season is the main criterion, then surely Kris Doolan and Liam Fox should be favourites?