Ross County's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Ross County's next permanent manager?  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We'll never know, but I'd love to know how much compensation we're sending to Morecambe.

Really dunno how I feel about this. Some of my favourite memories of the football are Adams' teams, especially that almost-undefeated Championship winning team. At the same time though, hard to look past how it ended in total acrimony. And it's hard to forget that he's a bit of a walloper, this fantastic quote from when Bradford punted him is on his Wikipedia page.

"If [Bradford] are going to get a new manager in they’re not going to get as successful a manager as myself in the door. That’s obvious to everyone, because my record is up there with all the records in this league.”

And then they appoint Mark Hughes who gets Bradford into the playoffs in his only full season there. Not even necessarily a bad thing to have a confident manager, but sometimes he did seem to lose touch with reality a bit.

But you hope for the best.

Edited by forkboy

I see the usual English fan media dafties are out and about this morning. 

The usual "but our crowds" in the comments. 

By their crowds logic the Hearts job is a more attractive than being the manager  of Monaco🤦‍♂️

The simple answer is: it's clearly is a more attractive job as he's making the move!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

By their crowds logic the Hearts job is a more attractive than being the manager  of Monaco🤦‍♂️

The simple answer is: it's clearly is more attractive job as he's making the move!

Their constant obsession with trying to make all things English better than everywhere else is...entirely boring.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even worse is he likely wont fit the "ancient dinosaur" status yet, so ill be stuck reading weirdos slating us for hiring Levein instead of *insert former OF player in their 30s with zero top flight managerial experience here* 

You were that weirdo.

21 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The simple answer is: it's clearly is a more attractive job as he's making the move!

That tweeter used to be decent, but got his blue tick and has become one of those accounts that seems to say things entirely for responses now. A shame.

The comments have someone claiming managing Stockport County is more "prestigious" than Scottish Premiership teams though, which is new.

Well done on this hire County too, as its fairly wound up the EFL fanboys.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That tweeter used to be decent, but got his blue tick and has become one of those accounts that seems to say things entirely for responses now. A shame.

The comments have someone claiming managing Stockport County is more "prestigious" than Scottish Premiership teams though, which is new.

Well done on this hire County too, as its fairly wound up the EFL fanboys.

That one got me too.  Quite why it boils down to very minor Englandshire teams being the most anything is beyond me.  Insecurity I guess.  

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

Are you really arguing Yan Dhanda isn't better than one of Kettlewell, Lawson, Vigurs or Jimmy Scott? Steady on.

And that's not a knock on some of my personal County favourites, Dhanda is just very good

Interesting choice of players quoted. Good as Dhanda is (good, not great) . I certainly wouldn't have him in place of Brittan, Vigurs, Gardyne and Lawson. Nevertheless,  the fact that he is the only name mentioned in the current squad just about confirms how limited it is. 

36 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Worth remembering that Morecambe’s previous manager was Stephen Robinson who, eh, also made the move the second a Scottish Premiership club came calling.

England, especially lower league England, really is a deeply insecure footballing nation. 

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That one got me too.  Quite why it boils down to very minor Englandshire teams being the most anything is beyond me.  Insecurity I guess.  

They seem to think EPL hype somehow transfers to the greyed out generic sides fucking about in their 4th tier.

Itll be an incredible day when the Sky bubble eventually ruptures and about 60 clubs all hit administration on the same day.

If anyone has had the misfortune of ever watching any EFL League Two game, or the vast majority of League One games, you can see why any manager would jump at the change to move to a Cinch Premiership side.

I've said this on here countless times, it's boys on 5 large a week and they can barely string 3 passes together and the games are played at about 700mph and the ball is a hot tattie.  It's eye bleedingly shite.

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If anyone has had the misfortune of ever watching any EFL League Two game, or the vast majority of League One games, you can see why any manager would jump at the change to move to a Cinch Premiership side.

I've said this on here countless times, it's boys on 5 large a week and they can barely string 3 passes together and the games are played at about 700mph and the ball is a hot tattie.  It's eye bleedingly shite.

Seen games on all 4 leagues in England and totally agree, League one and League two are pretty rank. Seems to be all about physicality and not skill. I'd say the gulf between those two particular leagues isn't massive. Big jump to championship and absolutely massive jump to the EPL. I'd say all Scottish championship sides would hold their own in league Two down there tbh.

The money absolutely skews the perceptions of how good they think they are vs other leagues. 

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I went to Leyton Orient vs Cambridge in League One a couple of months ago. The Orient stadium is great and it was a near capacity crowd, but the quality of the football was rancid.

I don’t watch those leagues often, but every single time I do there’s someone playing who was absolutely atrocious up here.

Morecambe alone have Max Melbourne, Jordan Slew and Cammy Smith playing for them. Can’t think that a single premiership club would be remotely interested in those three. 

20 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Seen games on all 4 leagues in England and totally agree, League one and League two are pretty rank. Seems to be all about physicality and not skill. I'd say the gulf between those two particular leagues isn't massive. Big jump to championship and absolutely massive jump to the EPL. I'd say all Scottish championship sides would hold their own in league Two down there tbh.

The money absolutely skews the perceptions of how good they think they are vs other leagues. 

I follow a York fan on Twitter and he asked me about Akinyemi when they signed him in the summer and he was shocked when I told him he'll be playing at a shitter level than what Ayr play at so he'll have a field day.  These guys think the Championship up here is equivalent to the Isthmian or whatever the fuck it's called.  Utter delusion.  He wasn't a dick about it but he genuinely thought our 2nd tier is pub standard.

Edit - York City are dogshit but he's scored a fair few so far.  If he played for a decent tier 5 side he'd score about 50 in that league.

Edited by TheScarf