Ross County's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Ross County's next permanent manager?  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Been saying just that for months. Football fans are very fickle. Send some racist texts and you should never work in football again. Ruin peoples lives with drug dealing and violence, you are a great guy. It’s bonkers.

I expect our half season ticket sales to rocket as the 6 people who boycotted out of virtuous faux outrage return to the Global Energy Stadium in 2024.

On top of that I don't remember Duncan Ferguson apologising for his assault on Jock McStay or his prison sentence but yet folk conveniently forget it and laud as a brilliant manager. Footy fans are very much as said before a fickle bunch 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m going to use this as another chance to say, and I’m not criticizing anyone for this as I am in the exact same boat, that it is a bit mad that some people wouldn’t have Mackay as their manager due to his past but would accept Martindale.

Martindale fully owned up to his past, worked hard to rehabilitate himself and along the way he's worked to educate others away from drugs. Anyone would tell you he's a changed person. Absolute role model for the possibilities of rehabilitation.

Then there's Malky Mackay.

13 minutes ago, Zeto-83 said:

On top of that I don't remember Duncan Ferguson apologising for his assault on Jock McStay or his prison sentence but yet folk conveniently forget it and laud as a brilliant manager. Footy fans are very much as said before a fickle bunch 

Who lauds Duncan Ferguson as a brilliant manager?

Edit : I'm also loathe to take the words against drugs ruining lives from a poster with the moniker "Pete the Jakey".

Edited by Derry Alli

43 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I expect our half season ticket sales to rocket as the 6 people who boycotted out of virtuous faux outrage return to the Global Energy Stadium in 2024.

Given the patency of evidence, not least within this thread and if we extrapolate, this action could very well be self financing.

Shirley the gate receipts from the returning and previously loyal fans will be enough to balance Roy's books?

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I didn't realise you were the arbiter of outrage. Thank god you're here to keep us right. 

Fair play to you. Don't back down; double down. Bravo.

48 minutes ago, Zeto-83 said:

Duncan Ferguson should have been nowhere near the jail.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Calling what Mackay done as "some racist texts" is massively underplaying it.

He was sexist, homophobic and antisemitic in them too.

I wasn’t down playing it at all, and never have done. I was making a point how the perception of managers varies and used racist texts as an example. 

4 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I wasn’t down playing it at all.

Thats literally the only thing your post could be seen as doing.

You tried to downplay it as just some racist texts then tried to further downplay it by comparing it directly to drug dealers killing people.

We've been through stuff in the past thats suggested to me youre an absolutely dreadful person who'll defend literally anything based entirely on football tribalism, and this is another example im afraid.

To give a more serious answer it is too early for McCabe to make that kind of step up but I do think he has a lot of potential and if he gets us mid table safety and a decent start to next season would expect him to move up at somepoint. Think Murray would be a good shout, did well with us and now Raith.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats literally the only thing your post could be seen as doing.

You tried to downplay it as just some racist texts then tried to further downplay it by comparing it directly to drug dealers killing people.

We've been through stuff in the past thats suggested to me youre an absolutely dreadful person who'll defend literally anything based entirely on football tribalism, and this is another example im afraid.

Surely using racism and drug dealing in the same example outlines my opinion on what an insidious horror racism is. 

I have undertaken considerable EDI training and implemented EDI strategies.  I am comfortable talking about racism. You can call me what you want, many have, I couldn’t care less.