Killing your spouse - thoughts?

Sortmeout

Reminds me of that best man line I’ve heard about four times.

‘Everyone take the hand of their significant other and look into their eyes. You’re looking at the person who is statistically most likely to murder you.’

23 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That sounds unlikely - he'd have needed loads of time uninterrupted, a 1500°F fire that stayed around that temperature for a good four hours or so, and implements to grind the bones once they'd cooled after another few hours.

According to a mate.

A couple of days after the disappearances, MacDowall took his car into a dealer and asked for a nee boot. He said he’d damaged his boot throwing bricks into it and had burned it. He got very agitated when the dealer said it might take a while to get the part (because who needs a new boot?). Quite often offenders will half lie about what has happened so him mentioning burning is significant. As you say he wouldn’t have burned them like a cremation but could have disposed of them. 

The truth is he could have driven into countryside and buried them in a million places. It’s impossible to find them now, even if he left them somewhere near Dalgmarry. 

"America's Back Porch" by Daniel Jeffrey is a great read.  It is similar to Louis Theroux and involves encounters with various oddballs in America.

A couple of chapters are about people who try to bump off their loved ones but not in a clever way.

11 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Do you know if everyone knew it was him all along or did it come as a big surprise?

Yeah, it was known locally and it was thought she and child were under the A9. 

12 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

No no, not me. 

I was scrolling through X/Twitter there and saw a news story about a guy who had hired a hitman (America obviously) to kill his wife.

Why do people do that? I understand and assume that on occasion it would be for financial gain via an insurance policy pay-out etc but I cannot understand the people that do it who just don’t want to married to their partner anymore.

Why would anyone decide that was the best course of action instead of just separating and moving on? Of course there are evil people out there but some of these crimes must just be out of complete exasperation with the other person/the situation so why wouldn’t you just leave? Surely you would understand that dealing with the fallout from that would be better than the other option? 

Money.

12 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

No no, not me. 

I was scrolling through X/Twitter there and saw a news story about a guy who had hired a hitman (America obviously) to kill his wife.

Why do people do that? I understand and assume that on occasion it would be for financial gain via an insurance policy pay-out etc but I cannot understand the people that do it who just don’t want to married to their partner anymore.

Why would anyone decide that was the best course of action instead of just separating and moving on? Of course there are evil people out there but some of these crimes must just be out of complete exasperation with the other person/the situation so why wouldn’t you just leave? Surely you would understand that dealing with the fallout from that would be better than the other option? 

I doubt anybody hires a killer just because they don't want to be married anymore.  Money stuff is probably the most common reason or just unable to tolerate their wife's behaviour anymore.  

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

You have answered your own question with the financial gain part. You get a divorce you will need to half the assets with her and will be significantly worse off but if you off her then you get to keep everything plus you get life insurance money. Its really a non brainier.

On top of that if you have kids you will see much less of them, you will also need to see some other dufus gaining from your exes share of the deal whilst playing step dad to your kids.

Also a divorced man is fairly unattractive prospect compared to a man who’s wife died in tragic circumstances leaving him to look after the children all by himself.

And before anyone starts i am not thinking of killing my Mrs.

You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, though, so that last sentence might not cut it in court.

My wife's first husband was a b*****d, beat seven shades of shite out of her regularly. Police weren't interested (1980s) and her family basically said "you've made your bed". So she made detailed plans involving poison and ice cubes, even bought all the ingredients and had them ready.  Never went through with it, obviously. 

Women killing their husbands is more common than you would think. Studies have shown for every 100 men who killed their wives, about 75 women killed their husbands.  Poison is the weapon of choice for women, even in the US where there's easy access to guns.  Women are more likely to plan the murder rather than killing in a fit of rage and are therefore less likely to get caught. Statistically they're less likely to be found guilty in court and even if they are, sentences are lighter. In the US, women serve 6 years for murder on average compared to 16 years for men. 

13 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

My wife's first husband was a b*****d, beat seven shades of shite out of her regularly. Police weren't interested (1980s) and her family basically said "you've made your bed". So she made detailed plans involving poison and ice cubes, even bought all the ingredients and had them ready.  Never went through with it, obviously. 

I’m not 100% sure about this, but I thought that even planning to murder someone is illegal? 

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

want rid of yer wife? I will try and help 
If yer wife is braw and meets my criteria (which is pretty low TBH) I’ll have a really good shot at trying to pump her to death for you. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

If my wife was to murder me I hope she opts for this 

I beg you return to Facebook rather than making everybody's eyes bleed.