Cove v Binos

36 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

The bar is so low for us at the moment I thought much of the match was an improvement. Thought we edged the first half and even started the second half strongly. Felt very sorry for ourselves when it went 3-1 - although Cove did create a number of good chances after that.

Positives - a goal for Carrick and generally competitive again

Negatives - poor defending for goals AGAIN and not taking something even when we play relatively well

Yup, agree with your assessment from the first half, thought we were lucky to go in at 1-1.

I thought the game changed when we started getting at Blair Currie who was an absolute bomb scare in the second half, was like the ball was made of lava. Surprised as when I’ve seen him in the past he has always looked like a relatively safe pair of hands. Suppose everyone has an off day and we had plenty of goalkeeping howlers last season from an assorted cast!! 

2 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

I thought the game changed when we started getting at Blair Currie who was an absolute bomb scare in the second half, was like the ball was made of lava. Surprised as when I’ve seen him in the past he has always looked like a relatively safe pair of hands. Suppose everyone has an off day and we had plenty of goalkeeping howlers last season from an assorted cast!! 

We were up the other end, so didn't have a great view of our box for the second half, but did he not make a couple good saves? I don't think Blair being dodgy was something we were aware of!

20 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Stunned at this as he is normally Mr. Reliable and I would say this sounds out of character. He did loose a bit of form in his first season with us and went through a sticky spell, but he’s a very very good Goalkeeper for this level imho and would put it down to an off day.

On 18/11/2023 at 09:26, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

Be interesting to see if Captain fantastic is back for us today, I hope not!  Adds nothing as a captain and in terms of a player, what he adds has been diminishing for a couple of seasons now - or just being found out at a higher level!

Another daft booking today to add to the tally of ridiculous petulance over the past few seasons. We need everyone fit and available who possibly can be.