Clyde v East Fife

Just now, Cambuslang Fifer said:

We actually won a game!!!! 

f**k me keeps manager in a job until Christmas then…

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

we beat stranrear by same Scoreline that it is the east fife way we go two steps forwards and four steps back.

Try being a Clyde fan mate, we just constantly go backwards…

2 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The only thing Ross Forbes is carrying is about 3 stone more than he should be. I’m also yet to see a decent set piece from him given he’s meant to be excellent at them. 

I'm far too polite to let you know my thoughts on the rest of your team. I always highlight the main threat in our opposition, and Ross Forbes at least created a few chances for Clyde this afternoon. 

9 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'm far too polite to let you know my thoughts on the rest of your team. I always highlight the main threat in our opposition, and Ross Forbes at least created a few chances for Clyde this afternoon. 

I’m sure there wouldn’t be many who would disagree with you. An utterly spineless bunch. 

Grim absolutely awful. 
Gifted goals and keeper mistakes. Lyon abysmal today even by his standards. 
McCall has a huge job on his hands, only light is that we are not detached YET and he has money to spend in January, even then it looks like a huge if not impossible job.

Today will have confirmed to McCall if he did not already know, that there is nothing in this squad that is good enough.
Despite the Chairman’s obvious failure in appointing him, Jim Duffy should be thoroughly ashamed of himself every time he opens his mouth on the radio!
Lazy, disgraceful attempt to do his job when employed by the club. He had left us with the probably the  worst squad I’ve seen in decades of watching this club. Embarrassing 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

9 minutes ago, Replays said:

Still in genuine disbelief at Leighfield sclaffing a clearance five minutes in. Surprised McCall didn’t chuck it immediately after that.

He stood there emotionless through todays shit show, I’d have had far more respect if he ripped off his baseball cap and threw it into the turf in despair at the keeper chucking one in after 5 mins.

7 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

He stood there emotionless through todays shit show, I’d have had far more respect if he ripped off his baseball cap and threw it into the turf in despair at the keeper chucking one in after 5 mins.

Probably shellshocked at the shit show he’s inherited tbf.

The positives:

• That's the worst I've seen us all season; it's kind of ideal that McCall has seen the maximal dire extent of the task that lies in wait as soon as was possible
  • McCall's switch to a back 3 definitely improved us in the earlier stages of the second half before the clown car tendencies resurfaced

The negatives:

• Literally everything else

Once again I walk away unable to fault the application and endeavour of the majority of the players, but the lack of quality was laid excruciatingly bare today by a very ordinary East Fife side. Long balls into their right channel reaping great rewards - McDonald must have been thanking his lucky stars within a quarter of an hour.

As has been said, I thought Hynes was the only one to walk away with any sort of credit over the piece and he was extremely wasteful in possession himself - probably not helped by having a human tug boat ahead of him for much of the game, and occasionally a young man who appears to have been born offside (seriously, wtf?). Scullion found a few nice passes in the second half and probably gets a bit of benefit of the doubt with him just coming back from an injury, but it's impossible to look at the rest and think anyone deserves any kind of credit there. Who could've foreseen that a 'keeper from Albion Rovers (via a spell as a back-up at whatever Edinburgh are calling themselves now) would be clown shoes material? Who could've foreseen that Neil Parry (dodgy enough by the end of last season to be released, initially) would also not suddenly come back alive in League Two? Ross Lyon - no words. The drop-off in Dunachie has been frightening and leaves me wondering whether he was just overperforming in the early stages of the season, or if he's been left bereft of confidence by the state of what's around him. In the immediacy of what's around him, there's Peter Grant, inexplicably handed a two-year deal on the watch of a teammate and former manager who bombed him out of the picture last season. Grant is actually a bit of a sad case, because you can see he still possesses his defensive and organisational instincts, but that his body is completely failing him; there was an instance in the first half where he was caught wrong side of his man - the ensuing fulsome attempt to recover would've been comfortably outpaced by Bryan Cranston's speedwalking in Malcolm in the Middle. Speaking of bodies failing people, there's Ross Forbes, signed by Duffy for his underling who wanted a "high-energy" team; no beef with Forbes himself, who genuinely knocks his pan in, it's just that his pan is absolutely tiny - I find it hard to hate players like that, ones who are just completely done. Carswell, a lesser degree of the aforementioned pair. I also have no words for this "Ji Stevenson" character, while King is clearly a highlights reel of a player with little interest in being at Clyde in our current predicament. Every week, Imrie's decision to loan out such an evidently talented boy becomes easier to understand. Rennie tried as he always does, but too often had the ball hopelessly shelled at him with no real prospect of us working off of him. He's one of few I wouldn't be too hard on today. I don't even have the energy after all that to try and assess the subs, who were all hopeless in their own ways.

The one saving grace in amongst all this is that we've got one of the best candidates we possibly could have to try and turn this around; I'm sure a few of the current crop will turn things around on his watch (remember how competent Callum Home quickly became under Danny Lennon?!), which will leave him less work to do in January, but it'll still be a hell of a lot - and if we don't start picking up results soon, it'll be a bloody hard sell. Better hope that warchest is bursting at the seams, and that a few WoSL sides fancy taking on piss poor senior cast-offs as 'names'. At the very least, it'll be an entertaining six months ahead.

Edited by the_bully_wee

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

I’m not sure I 100% agree with that, where I sit he was in my eyeline and after the first goal he was basically shaking his head, writing tonnes of notes and constantly speaking to Scally. 
To me he was completely shocked at what he was witnessing, coupled with the fact he had literally nothing in his armoury to do much about it. Those mistakes today were total amateur hour. I love to think that’s the last time we see Ross Lyon in a Clyde jersey. 
To be fair to him he did try to change things and again in fairness we improved (relative of course) only thing I’d say it did show that Dunnachie can’t play in a back 3, which is a problem as he is the only defender we have and may limit what McCall can change in that regard. 
I’m afraid it’s going to be a case of shuffling deckchairs till January and also pray for extreme snow and ice till then and we don’t actually play!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

I agree with the comments on Peter grant, he at least has a footballing brain, which puts him ahead of most of the rest. If he’s going to be in the team he should be captain, he was literally talking our actual captain through the game today, telling him what position to be in like a 16 year old kid. Embarrassing. 

Speaking of brains, the East Fife player choosing to knock a second ball that had rolled onto the edge of the pitch, right into the centre of the pitch as play continued, was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a game. He even complained when he got booked!

5 minutes ago, David W said:

Speaking of brains, the East Fife player choosing to knock a second ball that had rolled onto the edge of the pitch, right into the centre of the pitch as play continued, was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a game. He even complained when he got booked!

We had Jakubiak do similar, kick the 2nd ball right into the middle of the action area to force play to be stopped in the fife derby, consensus from both sets of fans was it was smart play that the ref couldn’t really to much about as it was his fault for having play continue with 2 balls on the pitch, which is what happened with just a drop ball given

Very diplomatically put but I’m sure McCall is under no illusions as to what he saw today. I fully agree that 2 or 3 out of the whole squad were “okay” and nothing more. Truthfully, I still find having a guy who actually sounds like a football manager refreshing compared to monotone McLean.