Pars vs Rovers Part IV - Box Office

Cardle is Magic

Tragic performance and an embarrassing result. Midfield largely absent, lots of passive passing with no intent to break through the lines or cause problems. Powder puff in front of goal. 
I don't like being harsh on our players and have often given them the benefit of the doubt, but what I've just seen is totally unacceptable.

Raith played well, overloads everywhere they wanted them, quicker on their feet and on the ball, and thoroughly deserve the win. 

Serious work needs to be done in January imo, because a few of those players need a real wake up call.

I was worried going into that tonight, but it was as straightforward as it’s been for us all season. 

That was as good a performance we’ve put in, despite only having two defenders on the pitch. 

That said, Dunfermline were absolutely wretched. Maybe they’ll get better when Matty Todd and Kane Ritchie-Hosler get back from injury though. 

Just now, RR #1 said:

Had him to score first at 8/1 and in a 27/1 double with Harry Kane. Don't worry they will pay out, they always a bit slow to settle these sort of bets

Just wish I'd done 1st @ 8/1 rather than anytime @11/4. That said it's a welcome return, eventually, hopefully lol

Tonight was a massive wake up call for our players.

Only saving grace is that it was pretty much a glorified bounce match that neither team would notch on their way to winning the Scottish Cup*, and won’t impact our league tally.

*A trophy that Raith have never won**

** Give me something to point score about eh? 

That was just an absolute Ian Murray masterclass. I didn't expect the formation, or even the players to be playing in those positions once I had seen the team. Mcpake rightly gave credit after the game so fair play but he just got schooled. He didn't know how to counter us tactically at all and made his team worse with every move he made really. 

Dabrowski had two? Saves to make. One was a good save from what was a poor penalty tbh. Mehmet... If he's a championship 'keeper, there's hope for me at 35 and two duff shoulders. Edwards, otoo and mccan (despite not doing much the past couple of games against us) are the only pars players I would take in all honesty. Haven't seen enough of Todd or hosler though and they seem massively rated by our wee neighbours. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know they just got promoted from League One but if a club the size of Dunfermline are happy with 7th in the Championship then I'd suggest they're severely lacking ambition.

We are and you are correct,. Our BoDs interest(especially our de facto owners) is in their pet project and not particularly on first team results

42 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

WTF ????

Capture.PNG

Match fixing being investigated due to our defence completely disappearing

Just back and that was superb.

Stanton, Easton, Vaughan, Hamilton and big sexy in the goal are levels above anything the pars have on the park.

Heard McPake’s interview on the way back in the car and fair play he had no excuses. Was clear he had no idea how to match our formation and had no idea how to counter it. 

Big Jack Hamilton absolutely rode their centre back and as usual wins everything in the air. 

Dundee Utd might just prove a stretch too far but undoubtedly we’re the real deal this season. 

FAO Pars boys…please keep the wee team stuff going. Levels below us, honking home attendance.

Bent over and tucked up good and proper tonight. Pleasing.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

We are and you are correct,. Our BoDs interest(especially our de facto owners) is in their pet project and not particularly on first team results

Match fixing being investigated due to our defence completely disappearing

Sorry, It's been paid out, many thanks to your incompetent 'defenders' 😘