Pars vs Rovers Part IV - Box Office

Cardle is Magic

I know folk can go on about Stanton, or Easton or whatever. But I just love Scott Brown. Ever since he signed he has just been brilliant for us and hardly ever let us down. I’d argue he’s been Murray’s best signing. 

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I know folk can go on about Stanton, or Easton or whatever. But I just love Scott Brown. Ever since he signed he has just been brilliant for us and hardly ever let us down. I’d argue he’s been Murray’s best signing. 

No need for an argument. There's a fair number of folk, myself included, who'd  totally agree with your sentiment.👍

Prior to the start of the season, we'd not won at East End in 10 years. We've now won there twice in the space of 93 days, with a 90th minute winner in the other derby at Stark's. 

All across our team tonight, we didn't have anyone who put in less than an 8/10 performance. Big Kev, a man who Dunfermline fans were telling us was absolute garbage, saves a penalty and keeps a clean sheet. We chuck together a defensive back three with a right back, a centre midfielder and a guy who hasn't kicked a ball competitively since the playoffs. Connolly and Smith end up playing wing back and Dunfermline had absolutely zero clue how to handle it. Stanton and Easton absolutely strolled it in the middle - both are absolutely exceptional players who just seem to have clicked together. Vaughan looked on a mission, and then you've got Jack Hamilton up top who is now up to four goals in three games. I've said on a few occasions before we'd used him more as a target man, but he looks completely in his element as a number 9 now. 

I don't think anyone saw us winning so convincingly tonight. McPake didn't have a clue. Murray got it absolutely perfect. 

Into the next round, back along the road, and our support are absolutely on cloud nine. What a start to the weekend. What a time to be a Rovers fan. 

29 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

big sexy in the goal are levels above anything the pars have on the park.

Seem to remember various pars fans on here at start of season telling us that donkey they have in goals was far better than big Kev. 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'll keep it short Dunfermline are honking, even with virtually a full first team squad with KRH and Matty Todd you struggled to create any chances against a,brilliant makeshift defence. 

Was Matty Todd playing? Genuinely never noticed him. Thought he was the next big thing??

16 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Was Matty Todd playing? Genuinely never noticed him. Thought he was the next big thing??

Remember him and KRH are their saviours.

I've since heard if we beat them once more we get to keep them. Not like there's much to keep.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

I didn't expect the formation, or even the players to be playing in those positions once I had seen the team.

I’m not at all certain you could properly describe that formation even after watching the match. Connolly kept popping up in defence, Easton was on one side and the next minute the other, Hamilton was wide left on kickoff, and then sitting in from of the goal and winning every header…it was an amazing show of commitment by a team that simply seems to fully believe in Murrayball. We’ve all heard the comments and criticisms of Murrayball before, but this is pretty much the first time he’s had a decent chance to put together a team of full time players with a modest budget and an eye toward his tactics.

My concern now will be Murray is making himself very much a target for a Premiership team in need of a manager…and players like Stanton, Easton and Byrne are also making themselves attractive to other teams while being out of contract at seasons end. IF we get through the January window without losing anyone, and keep playing well, the attraction of a possible promotion might keep the wolves at bay, but we’re still a pretty small fish looking at a big bowl. 

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

More chromosomes than teeth in the Raith end.

🤦🏻‍♂️

That was a much easier win than I anticipated tonight. Some side!

Dunfermline need to strike it lucky with a decent striker in the next window or they're heading for another relegation battle. 

38 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Remember him and KRH are their saviours.

I've since heard if we beat them once more we get to keep them. Not like there's much to keep.

Aye maybe they were good seaside league players but that Matty Todd levels and levels below the likes of Stanton and Easton and that KRH character not good enough to hold Ross Millens coat.

Neither of them would make our bench if we had a full squad.

Edited by RR #1

These are the nights you live for.

I honestly thought the Pars would be pumped up tonight after feeling agreived at losing the last derby, and our makeshift defence would be in for a long night, but Murray got his tactics spot on. For years we've sat back at East End and invited Dunfermline onto us, but it was absolutely the correct decision to attack from the start and play the game in their half.

No weaknesses in the Rovers side tonight, but I said we'd need composure, commitment and concentration to have any chance and Captain Broon obliged on all three counts.