Thanksgiving Thursday/Black Friday

lichtie23

Just now, lichtie23 said:

I don’t think the Dolphins can take anything out of this game. They’ve been below average throughout 

I don’t know. The Jets D has held Mahomes, Allen, Hurts to average numbers but we’re 20 points up and cruising on the road to a team that has taken out some contenders. Tua pick 6 and then meaningless pick cancelled out by Holland at end of half sets the agenda.

Dolphins D has been lights out again.

Jets heads gone. 

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t think the Dolphins can take anything out of this game. They’ve been below average throughout 

Jets are the sort of stuffy, chippy team that you never look good against no matter how you go about beating them. Mahomes, Hurts, Allen, all turned the ball over 3 times against this D, Tua has thrown 2 horrible picks. Herbert was slated for only throwing for about 170 or something, but this was with a broken finger and he didn't turn the ball over at all. They make you look shite, it's just what they do.

Had my suspicions early season that the people who thought Rodgers alone would be the difference between this Jets team going 5-12 or 12-5 were a bit foolish. The OL is absolutely abysmal, and given Rodgers looked enormously creaky in his last year in GB, I think he'd have struggled a lot more than most people think. 

Clearly he's still miles ahead of shite like Wilson, but the problems with this O are not entirely and solely down to poor QB play. I think they'd have been a marginal WC team at best, but not the Superbowl contender some were talking about.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

The big question from tonight's game. 

What TD was the most hilarious, the Hail Mary pick 6 or the butt fumble?

IMO, tonight.

Butt fumble was just one of those things that happens from time to time, isn't really fixable or preventable, and doesn't really have any teaching value from a coaching standpoint.

Jets gave up 6 tonight because half their players on the field just assumed something that was a possibility to happen wouldn't happen, and it did. Laziness, indifference, whatever you want to call it, but I'd be far more angry watching my team do that than I would have been with Sanchez, a mediocre player, doing something mediocre.

"Hilarity" is subjective I suppose, but I laughed out loud at tonight's nonsense, whereas Butt Fumble just made me shake my head and peek through my fingers.