Terrible sports

Jives Miguel

Rugby Union - Public school mutants hugging a peanut and rolling about on the floor. 

Track & Field - Zero imagination required to participate. 

Pro Cycling - See above. 

Basketball - Scoring every 10 seconds, what is there to get excited about? 

Boxing - Used to be good until they brought in a weight division every 5 lbs and the modern obsession with "the O". Now the best dodge each other. 

Bowls - a sport for Tory voters and Daily Mail readers 

F1 -  just like Scottish football it’s a sport dominated by a couple of teams with the rest fighting over the minor places 

Fencing -Nowadays it’s like Archery and shooting a completely pointless sport 

Synchronised Swimming - Underwater Ice dancing 

Snooker -even after the attempts to give it a makeover it’s boring stuff for the blue rinse brigade 

American football - wrestle for five seconds, throw ball. Stop. Repeat ad nasuem. Utter shite. 

Rugby League - I have no idea why this was invented, other than what must've been an attempt to destroy Rugby Union by making the game worse. 

Darts - if only because I object to its classification as a sport. It's a game. 

Snooker - also a game and not a sport. Incredibly boring. 

Cycling- we all know they're all juiced-up roiders. Give it 10 years and loads of the current lot will have been exposed. 

On 21/11/2023 at 16:07, Miguel Sanchez said:

Anyone who thinks motor racing is uninteresting is, objectively, unintelligent. 

Cricket, golf, rugby, American football, take your pick between cricket and rugby for fifth place.

I'll add cycling for the last spot, purely because of the amount of media attention it seems to get in this country.

Me watch car go vroom vroom

1hw638154x721.png

Just now, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Int. football is pretty good these days !

As good as it is that the national team is doing well these days, I still find international football pretty boring in general. I don't really pay much attention to it apart from the Scotland national team.

Golf - For boring farts with a drink problem and no fashion sense. Full of Tories. And Lesbians.

Tennis - For Tories and women who are too thick to grasp anything more complicated. Also, lesbians.

Basketball - Just play for 10 seconds. Somebody will still win by 2 points so the net result is the same as an entire game.

Equestrianism - not even a sport. Yet more Tories. The horse does all the fucking hard work yet it ends up with a couple of sugar lumps and a trip to the glue factory, while Tarquin/Ginny waltzes off with the medals and cups. Probably lesbians.

Anything Olympic or Commonwealth - just an excuse for more Tories to feel great about themselves by winning a medal in some non-sport that only three people on the entire planet actually play. Oh, and so the BBC can tell itself it's still "great" because it broadcasts shite "sport" that is so shite the subscription giants don't even want it. Definitely full of lesbians.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 01/12/2023 at 11:13, Boo Khaki said:

Golf - For boring farts with a drink problem and no fashion sense. Full of Tories. And Lesbians.

Tennis - For Tories and women who are too thick to grasp anything more complicated. Also, lesbians.

Basketball - Just play for 10 seconds. Somebody will still win by 2 points so the net result is the same as an entire game.

Equestrianism - not even a sport. Yet more Tories. The horse does all the fucking hard work yet it ends up with a couple of sugar lumps and a trip to the glue factory, while Tarquin/Ginny waltzes off with the medals and cups. Probably lesbians.

Anything Olympic or Commonwealth - just an excuse for more Tories to feel great about themselves by winning a medal in some non-sport that only three people on the entire planet actually play. Oh, and so the BBC can tell itself it's still "great" because it broadcasts shite "sport" that is so shite the subscription giants don't even want it. Definitely full of lesbians.

As much as I agree with the sports you've chosen being shite, did your wife run away with a lesbian?

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:

As much as I agree with the sports you've chosen being shite, did your wife run away with a lesbian?

Nah, it was me that did the running off, partly because the ex was obsessed with a shite sport. 

I just don't see what they add to the spectacle, nor understand why they are seemingly attracted to the same handful of shite sports.

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He's also clearly never heard of Natalie Sciver & Katherine Brunt 

Correct. 

Presumably they participate in one of the aforementioned shite sports?