St Mirren v Livi 25/11/23

Two teams struggling on a difficult pitch in a game which should have finished 0-0. The key difference was St Mirren's goalie made a good save when he faced his shot on target and ours stuck the ball right back into the danger area when he faced his shot on target.

We will not get out of trouble with him in goals.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Well that was an absolutely awful game of football. Thought Kiltie played well as did Tanser.

Always used to worry about coming up against Nouble, he didn't have loads of goals in him but was always involved in games. He looked fucking awful today. As did the big bombscare (Nottingham?) at the back. 

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Best player on park in a yellow shirt today was Penrice. Thought he comfortably got the best of his duels with McMenamin. I'd be quite happy to see us go for him if Livi did drop out the division though I'm sure there would be competition. 

Out of contract in the summer as well. I thought the same, one of the few good players for us. 

Nouble, you can have for free in January :D what a fall from grace.

Wasn't the best game. Felt we shaded it in the end and unfortunate to have a goal ruled out to seal it earlier. Not a game anyone will look back on in the future. 

Livi really didn't do much bar lump it up top and hope it stuck. Not sure what their line up was doing. Nouble as a wingback? Anderson was dominated by Gogic and Taylor who were great.

West Stand Lino clearly doesn't know it was whole ball over the line too....

I get why Robinson changed to a back 5 for the second half when we were a goal up and Livi never looked like scoring in the first half. However it meant a dire second half and a risky tactic with only one goal in it.  However we done the business and reasonably comfortably in my view.

What a shocker of a game. Kiltie motm by a country mile. I will take a scrappy win every week but boy that was difficult to watch. 

We miss Strain badly. 

I honestly thought it would be a nil nil. 

Livi look shocking and I would be worried if I was them. 

All Martindale does is scream at the players. He has them too scared to play

Hope big Taylor is ok

13 minutes ago, AW saint said:

What a shocker of a game. Kiltie motm by a country mile. I will take a scrappy win every week but boy that was difficult to watch. 

We miss Strain badly. 

I honestly thought it would be a nil nil. 

Livi look shocking and I would be worried if I was them. 

All Martindale does is scream at the players. He has them too scared to play

Hope big Taylor is ok

We've already passed that stage AWS  😳

A very hard watch today, but all things considered it was a very good 3 points that keeps us in third place. 
We’re not the same without Baccus & Strain and that extra quality would have made a difference in such a horrible game. 
We really do have some great fighting qualities when required.

Kiltie Tanser and Taylor were our best performers today. Shame on the morons amongst the Livi support who abused Richard Taylor when he was stretchered off.

56 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes it was and it was clear as a bell. I noticed it straight away and knew it would be chalked off. Only odd thing was why it took so long to come to the decision. 

There was a Saints player off when the freekick came in, but I think the player who knocked it back across started behind him - and onside.  

The delay made me think it wasn’t the guy who was clearly offside that it was given for and they spent the time finding an angle to show the second last touch came from someone who was.  

Delighted with the points but that was some eye bleeding stuff.

I’m in a little bit of shock at how bad Livi actually are. Dreadful. Not much better than St Johnstone under McLean.

The game felt like it was played over about 8 hours. Just a constant flow of shit fouls and free kicks, no tempo, nothing.

11 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Delighted with the points but that was some eye bleeding stuff.

I’m in a little bit of shock at how bad Livi actually are. Dreadful. Not much better than St Johnstone under McLean.

The game felt like it was played over about 8 hours. Just a constant flow of shit fouls and free kicks, no tempo, nothing.

I dont think i've ever enjoyed a game against Livi, they are always a shitfest.

That big centre forward they have Guthrie must be one of the worst footballers in the league. 

I've just about had it with Martindales myopic loyalty to Shinnie, Sean Kelly and Nouble .  Struggling to find any positive about their performances today and it has been like that for weeks. The constant thumping the ball up the park brings zero results other than it coming straight back to us. Steven Kelly and Bradley are questionably two of our most talented players but they are bench warmers at the moment. Two  full backs in Brandon and MacKay  looking on when we were getting ripped time and time again down our right hand side today but the tactics did not change.  If we don't get a result against Ross County I think we will be looking upwards at 11 teams above us for most of the season.

Looked like as an obvious as penalty as you'll see all season from the clear foul in front of the South Stand in the second half. Not sure why there was no VAR intervention.

Criminal refereeing performance all round, I thought today.  Why Goggs got a yellow for that at the end was a mystery, especially when compared to the horrors of what Livingston were dishing out all afternoon. 

Never write Martindale off, but six losses on the spin isn't great in any league. Could this be the season they drop down?

After today, I certainly hope so. Can't mention their lack of travelling support or some people on here give it the whole 'He said Jehova' routine, but there's such a lack of atmosphere when compared to any other similar sized non-city club comes to visit.

Their performance and demeanour today reminded me of the Dundee side from 7 or 8 years ago that were properly honking and stayed isolated at the bottom of the league for most of the season. But, I suppose if anyone can provide the Houdini routine for them, it's Martindale. They're obviously a strong and physical team, I'm sure that Their agricultural style will bully themselves some more points this season. Always worth a couple of points off Celtic if they stay up, so I suppose there's that... 

FWIW we were miles off our best today.  Needed the win, got it, we move on.

Hope Taylor's injury isn't as bad as it looked. 

51 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

There was a Saints player off when the freekick came in, but I think the player who knocked it back across started behind him - and onside.  

The delay made me think it wasn’t the guy who was clearly offside that it was given for and they spent the time finding an angle to show the second last touch came from someone who was.  

Grieve was the only one offside when the free kick was swung in (from my angle in W2). As far as I remember Grieve wasn't in any way involved in the subsequent play that led to the ball hitting the net. It just seems to me that the VAR 'judges' always want to find any feeble excuse to disallow goals.

I’m not suggesting for one minute we were great today, but I still feel like I watched a different game to everyone else.

I thought we were decent today. Really solid defensive performance which was good after the shambles of our last outing. 
We just struggled a bit for any real creativity in the final third. 
Big improvement on the Dundee game. 

Absolutely brutal, textbook Livi, scrap in the second half. Had last minute equaliser written all over it.

Ultimately though one of our best results this season in my opinion. There was a lot of  time to dwell on that Dundee result. Then back to a tough game today (missing Strain, Baccus and Olusanya) against a team needing a win. The 3 points gets us back on track and puts the previous result to bed.

Edited by Buttocks Brown