St Mirren v Livi 25/11/23

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

There's two of them going off right now, "AW COME ON REF HOW LONG" at every kick off. Shout of the day being, after a foul "come on ref you don't need to speak to him he knows it was a foul" :D 

Why is your goalie wasting time when we aren’t even half an hour into the game? Buzzing Livi will be relegated never to be seen again 

Just now, NathanDrake88 said:

Why is your goalie wasting time when we aren’t even half an hour into the game? Buzzing Livi will be relegated never to be seen again 

If you want an actual answer, we're the team at the bottom of the table vs the team sitting 3rd, away from home. A point here is likely a success given the circumstances. 

Or maybe we've set out to try frustrate a notoriously easy to unsettle home support in hopes that it can effect the game

14 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Good for you,thrash yerself intae oblivion over the inevitable tonight.........

28 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Shout out to that one supremely angry St. Mirren fan heard anytime the side are at home.

Found him

19 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

32 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Time waste for 90 minutes and hang on for a draw seems to be the plan

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Ah well, game over

I don't know how long it's gonna take for Martindale to realise we just aren't good enough to do this. Even when we were there was no plan B when we did concede and now that we are absolutely terrible there's still no plan B. 

Something has got to give or we'll never score again.

HT 1-0
Scrappy half as expected. Livi probably started the brighter, cracked the bar around the 30 minute mark, should have scored.
Everything good we’ve done has been down our left through Kiltie and Tanser, no surprise when the goal came down that side. Kiltie released by a fantastic ball from CBM and his shot is saved low down and then scrambled in by Mandron on the rebound. 
Been brighter since, ayunga hitting the bar. 
Livi do look a bit like a team who’ve just lost five on the bounce, can see that goal take the air out them.
Long way to go but would be very disappointed if we didn’t win from here.

Think we've probably shaded it, but it's not been a great game. Couldn't have complained if it had been 0-0.

Nouble has been the only player that's caused us any real problems, but he's spent the majority if the game so deep. Another goal will kill the game, so hopefully we can get one early in the second half.

FT 1-0
Job done. Pretty tough watch that second half, neither team could string more than two passes together it seemed. Plenty of free kicks and injuries right enough.
Looked like we had clinched it with five minutes to go, VAR’d for offside after a lengthy delay. Brutal.
But we saw it out fine. Livi definitely lacking the steel they’ve had in previous years, they were flat all game. 
Best player for us Kiltie I think, lovely bit of skill in the first half and involved in the goal again. Mr Consistent, superb player. 

31 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 1-0
Job done. Pretty tough watch that second half, neither team could string more than two passes together it seemed. Plenty of free kicks and injuries right enough.
Looked like we had clinched it with five minutes to go, VAR’d for offside after a lengthy delay. Brutal.
But we saw it out fine. Livi definitely lacking the steel they’ve had in previous years, they were flat all game. 
Best player for us Kiltie I think, lovely bit of skill in the first half and involved in the goal again. Mr Consistent, superb player. 

Taylor for me the big man was a stand out today. If it was not for him the score would have been 1-1

10 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Taylor for me the big man was a stand out today. If it was not for him the score would have been 1-1

I don't think Taylor's block on the line got the credit at game it deserved as there were so many bodies in the way but it looked absolutely superb from what I saw.

As was Hemming's save right at the death. We probably just shaded it though and deserved the three points over the piece.

Bizarre to read an own goal was chalked off for offside but I've not seen it back, I can only assume it was on the initial free kick into the box.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think Taylor's block on the line got the credit at game it deserved as there were so many bodies in the way but it looked absolutely superb from what I saw.

As was Hemming's save right at the death. We probably just shaded it though and deserved the three points over the piece.

Bizarre to read an own goal was claked off for offside but I've not seen it back, I can only assume it was on the initial free kick into the box.

Yes it was and it was clear as a bell. I noticed it straight away and knew it would be chalked off. Only odd thing was why it took so long to come to the decision.