Playoff Picture/Race for Number 1 pick

lichtie23

Hoping the Chargers can suck their way into the top 10. Schedule gets a bit weaker after Baltimore, so hopefully they can pull out a few wins to drop SoS slightly, but not so many that they end up picking in the mid teens yet again.

New HC/GM could really use a shot at a blue-chipper because there are going to be quite a few high-salary "marquee" players getting their arses run out of town come Feb/March and there isn't a lot of depth behind them. Normally I wouldn't get excited about the prospect of drafting a top DT or perhaps the 2nd CB available, but those are exactly the sort of quality foundational pieces the Chargers completely lack.

I'm assuming of course the Spanii finally clock what a three year long dumpster fire Staley has made of their team and shit-can him, and the moron GM.

NFC

1-Eagles

2-49ers

3-Lions

4-Falcons

5- Cowboys

6- Seahawks

7- Vikings

The Eagles remain the top seed but the Lions and 49ers swap places. The Falcons are now the 4th seed after taking over top spot in the NFC South and the Saints drop out. The Panthers are the 1st team officially eliminated from playoff contention 

AFC

1- Ravens

2- Chiefs

3- Jaguars

4- Dolphins

5- Steelers

6- Browns

7- Colts

No change in the top 4 seeds but the Steelers jump from 7th to 5th and the Browns drop a spot to 6. The Colts are now the 7th seed with the Texans dropping out 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

NFC

1-Eagles

2-49ers

3-Lions

4-Falcons

5- Cowboys

6- Seahawks

7- Vikings

The Eagles remain the top seed but the Lions and 49ers swap places. The Falcons are now the 4th seed after taking over top spot in the NFC South and the Saints drop out. The Panthers are the 1st team officially eliminated from playoff contention 

AFC

1- Ravens

2- Chiefs

3- Jaguars

4- Dolphins

5- Steelers

6- Browns

7- Colts

No change in the top 4 seeds but the Steelers jump from 7th to 5th and the Browns drop a spot to 6. The Colts are now the 7th seed with the Texans dropping out 

Would 100% rather play Lions than 49ers so not finishing 7th is a must. Although I suspect San Fran may take the No1 seed this weekend. 

32 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Would 100% rather play Lions than 49ers so not finishing 7th is a must. Although I suspect San Fran may take the No1 seed this weekend. 

If teams can get to Goff then the Lions become very beatable. 

I think the Lions limit is a Championship Game appearance. They're the NFC Dolphins. Tons of O, but they don't have the D yet to live with the best in their Conference.

If they get lucky and somehow squeak #1 seed, or Dallas/SF/Eagles get upset in the WC round, then I think they could end up in the Championship game after winning a home playoff, but I don't see them beating those three teams off their own back.

@Swarley

9'ers can't take #1 this weekend even if they beat the Eagles because they are 2 games back.

On 29/11/2023 at 02:58, Boo Khaki said:

@Swarley

9'ers can't take #1 this weekend even if they beat the Eagles because they are 2 games back.

👍

ETA: how on earth did I miss that?! Just assumed they had the same record.

Edited by Swarley

21 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

They're the NFC Dolphins. Tons of O, but they don't have the D yet to live with the best in their Conference

Did you know, through weeks 5-12 as they figured out Fangio’s scheme and got Jalen Ramsay back, the Dolphins D is ranked #1 in the NFL in total Defence and #1 in fewest yards per play allowed. It’s the current strength of the team and one of the best in the league.

7 hours ago, Snobot said:

Did you know, through weeks 5-12 as they figured out Fangio’s scheme and got Jalen Ramsay back, the Dolphins D is ranked #1 in the NFL in total Defence and #1 in fewest yards per play allowed. It’s the current strength of the team and one of the best in the league.

Aye, there's been a bit of chat lately about them having gotten it together on D. I guess we won't really know until week 16 & 17 though, because until they actually beat a quality team there will always remain a bit of scepticism.

Part of the comparison with Detroit is because I think both teams have similar ceilings, i.e. a Championship Game appearance, and just like I don't think Detroit can go toe to toe with SF and Philly yet, I can't see Miami overcoming Baltimore or KC, especially if they're on the road. Cowboys at home and Ravens on the road will be a good yardstick.

NFC

IMG_9647.thumb.jpeg.65c5aa64e908ffee6a120f905562137b.jpegIMG_9648.thumb.jpeg.482589b225770e8d3b477d0acfc1adff.jpeg

Seeds

1- Eagles

2- 49ers

3- Lions

4- Falcons

5- Cowboys

6- Vikings

7- Packers

No changes in the top 5 but the 49ers do close to within a game of the Eagles for the number 1 seed. The Vikings move to 6th without even playing a game and the Packers are now the 7th seed with the Seahawks dropping out. Packers, Rams and Seahawks are all 6-6.

AFC

IMG_9645.thumb.jpeg.8b03c4fb7ae460a4d1af0a13007c7dc2.jpegIMG_9646.thumb.jpeg.3f1a0ab46f6e20386db7bcd831225b61.jpeg

Seeds

1- Dolphins

2- Ravens

3- Chiefs

4- Jaguars

5- Steelers

6- Colts

7- Browns

The Dolphins are the new number 1 seed with the Ravens dropping to 2. The Chiefs drop to 3 after their SNF loss to Green Bay. Jags also down one spot to 4. The Colts & Browns also swap seeds. There are 4 teams on 7-5 (Steelers, Colts, Browns & Texans)