Elgin vs Forfar - 21st November 2023

After the two goalfests in August, you’d be daft to predict anything but a 4-4 draw.

Not sure what to expect from this one. Both sides have managed a win against Bonnyrigg to get the positivity back a bit, and a narrow defeat (from a penalty) to Dumbarton is no shame for Elgin.

Forfar have failed to score in four attempts against Elgin in 2023 so will be keen to rectify that one before the year is out. Tonight is their last chance.

I’ll go for 1-0 Elgin or 1-1.

30 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Same starring 11 for us tonight.

1 thing of note is that thomo looks to have changed his shirt number from 7 to sebs 14 randomly, Is Seb just changing to 7 or is something else going on with that? 🤔

20231121_192926.jpg

More likely that it's a balls up with whoever did the team line. See Josh Kelly for example...

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Could someone describe Robert Jones' penalty to me? I saw him play near enough 40 games for us, and I physically cannot picture how he'd take a penalty.

I’m surprised he could be arsed running up to take it.

Spoiler

He’s obviously scoring one a week on Saturday now…

3 minutes ago, Replays said:

I’m surprised he could be arsed running up to take it.

Reveal hidden contents

He’s obviously scoring one a week on Saturday now…

He was only denied against us by some Brett Long heroics. Given Jack Leighfield is not Brett Long then I'd say there is nothing more certain.

I remember us being 3-0 up inside 20 minutes at Broadwood in our relegation season. And thinking at half-time and 3-1 that the most shocking aspect of the half was that he had scored for Clyde with quite a tidy finish. Aside from his excellent debut, I genuinely cannot remember him actually shooting at any stage for us.

As I said a few weeks ago Forfar are absolutely rotten and every bit as bad as Elgin and Clyde.

If they don't get shot of Ray soon they are going to be in bother once McCall gets tore onto his big bag of money in January.

Elgin still have their own manager bounce to come and in general have done not too badly in recent weeks. There is at least signs of a team battling there.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Could someone describe Robert Jones' penalty to me? I saw him play near enough 40 games for us, and I physically cannot picture how he'd take a penalty.

Wasn’t bad, decent amount of power behind it. McCallum just guessed the right way

Edited by CrispyMelon

Fair score line all in all.

Deservedly ahead at half time but I thought we rode our luck at times in the second half, especially at the start.

Night and day from the opening day against Stranraer when we were slow and ponderous. There was a short period in the second half tonight we were hoofing it up the park with nobody in their half, but we ditched that idea quickly enough thankfully. Think we were just under the cosh and trying to get through an onslaught.

Forfar got into some decent positions but just didn’t take their chances. Andy Munro (if memory serves correctly) came close with a screamer in the second half but it wasn’t like we had a whole lot of let-offs.

Back-to-back home wins and unbeaten at home since the opening day. Onwards!

Edited by CrispyMelon
Wording