Celtic v Motherwell

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Didn’t see any of it today however gauging by what I’ve seen on social media we were rather shite 

Yang had an absolute shocker today and a lot of Motherwell's chances came from him losing possession. He had a good showing against Aberdeen but that seems like the exception rather than the norm today. Their goal came from a combination of poor defending and Joe Hart forgetting that he was supposed to be a professional goalie. I have no idea what he was thinking for the cross. Kyogo wasn't getting any service and was anonymous most of the match. Palma's missed penalty was shite and he was playing very much like a guy who has just come off a transatlantic flight. McGregor was poor and Holm didn't offer much going forward. O'Riley was trying but wasn't helped much by the wingers or the other two midfielders. Motherwell defended deep and were well organised. Their triggers for pressing were executed well and they were good value for the draw.

Edited by LuboMoravcik

23 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Yang had an absolute shocker today and a lot of Motherwell's chances came from him losing possession. e had a good showing against Aberdeen but that seems like the exception rather than the norm today. Their goal came from a combination of poor defending and Joe Hart forgetting that he was supposed to be a professional goalie. I have no idea what he was thinking for the cross. Kyogo wasn't getting any service and was anonymous most of the match. Palma's missed penalty was shite and he was playing very much like a guy who has just come off a transatlantic flight. McGregor was poor and Holm didn't offer much going forward. O'Riley was trying but wasn't helped much by the wingers or the other two midfielders. Motherwell defended deep and were well organised. Their triggers for pressing were executed well and they were good value for the draw.

A fair assessment..

15 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

:lol: the only fucking VAR call was the one that Taylor somehow wasn't binned for.

Can't believe how little notice folk seem to have taken to this, (I've not watched Sportscene yet). It was a red all day long and one of the primary reasons VAR was brought in, to look over these fucking wild challenges. Unreal that it wasn't brought to the ref attention to look over on the monitors.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Tbh given how bad Motherwell have been of late and we seemed to have turned a corner performance wise before the international break I couldn't see much else than 3 points. However we both played like we had done at the start of the season.

We were full of slow 'passive' possession and tbh we didn't really deserve more than a draw. Rodgers still doesn't know what to do with Kyogo which is strange considering how adaptive he can be. Also fair play to Kettlewell chucking more and more bigger attackers on towards the end and it made sense given we lack physicality, Motherwell had a plan and it paid off.

Far easier to just claim you were hacked. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Can't believe how little notice folk seem to have taken to this, (I've not watched Sportscene yet). It was a red all day long and one of the primary reasons VAR was brought in, to look over these fucking wild challenges. Unreal that it wasn't brought to the ref attention to look over on the monitors.

Needless to say Sportscene thought a yellow was sufficient !

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Callum Davidson "actually thought it was good" that there wasn't a stronger VAR review.

It was a stinking challenge.

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It is one that if it was the other way and the whole stadium went crazy at it, it would have very likely been a different outcome. Flogging a dead horse but VAR is shite and a waste of everyone's time at this point.

18 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Injury time was justified because somehow the ref let the celtic physios perform surgery on the park.

Yeah the 4th official had already punched the numbers on the board as I was looking at him when Motherwell scored so if anything at that time it looked to be to Motherwell's advantage having that (justified) added time. Thoughts go out to those on here who  love to make absolutely anything against us an absolute victimfest. 

I do agree too it was ridiculous to be holding the game up for that long with Scales. 

Edited by gannonball