Aberdeen vs rangers

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Well no apparently one Celtic fan answered me in a thread that was deleted by the time I got back from my own game and then Celtic fans deflected and abused me for a fortnight until their own board basically said what I said and a bit more as well. 

What an absolute victim you are, take the L and move on.

35 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

People in glass houses etc.  you lot are every bit as bad 

Nah there certainly are c***s in our support but nowhere near to the same level to those who are utterly obsessed over dark matters like this to the point it makes me rather uneasy, in fact there is only really one other support that who are a bit obsessed over it tbh...

4 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Just abolish shirts. Make the players wear body paint in the team colours. No more shirt pulling.

Or use extremely flimsy material that pulls away in the offenders hand.  Or skin-tight.

Edited by cyderspaceman

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Are they. If they were, each game would last 4 hours. That's total bollocks and you know it. 

No its not, it doesnt last 4 hrs because there actually isnt that many incidents  that need checked or the ref says "no i didnt see that, let me have a look" 

Same as every goal scored, the play is checked back x amount of time no matter how the goal is scored to make sure there wasnt an infringement in the build up 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I don't disagree. But it's the result of these "checks" that people find highly controversial. 

Todays was a penalty, the biggest question aberdeen should be asking is to the defender and why the f**k he grabbed goldsons shirt in the 93rd minute, 

With VAR nowadays defenders are asking for trouble grabbing shirts, 

Its not even "soft" as in a collision, bumping into the player etc, the boy knew exactly what he was doing grabbing the shirt

People can argue about how many penalties are given blah blah, thats another debate imo, but that today id a foul and like in the hearts game at ibrox if the boy doesn't do it, we lose the game, goldson is never scoring from both positions he was fouled in, in the 2 games

4 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Anyone trying to suggest that if Rangers were 1-0 up on Aberdeen at Ibrox and that same incident happens when Aberdeen have a corner in the 90th minute that we'd get a penalty is totally fucking deluded. 

Take it you don't remember the penalty morton got at ibrox in the cup when the score was 0-0?

55 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

Haven’t seen the penalty incident back yet but radio said it was a shirt pull so if it’s a pen then far enough BUT I guarantee if it was down the other end, there is not a hope in hell that VAR would intervene if the ref missed it in real time.

Thought Walsh had a fairly decent game, let the game flow and let some challenges go. Cantrell should’ve been booked but Shinnie could’ve been booked too in first half.

Draw probably fair result, we rode our luck in second half. 

See everyone says that VAR wouldnt intervene, but with TV cameras everywhere the VAR officials literally have nowhere to hide if they "miss" anything

I argued with god knows how many rangers fans about roofes goal disallowed in the OF game, same type of comments "if that happened at parkhead at new year do you think VAR intervenes" 

I said it should and i hope it would because theres nowhere to hide now

You'd then be going into the realms of the officials cheating for x team and the SFA and SPFL covering it up

Again another debate altogether 

9 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Glad you sorted out my warped opinion that we only try against rangers and that if we tried that hard against everyone else we'd be champions. Silly me. 

Maybe not champions, but I defy you to ignore the evidence in front of you every single time you play Rangers, you up the ante.  Today another example,  thought you were first to every ball, won 99% of headers and in my opinion wanted it more.

Don't quote results,  scores, I am talking about how hard you try.  Convert that to all your games, you would surprise yourselves at what you might achieve. 

There’s just no way of having a serious conversation about this on the internet. 

Anything I say on the matter will be dismissed as sour grapes, and rangers fans will comfort themselves that there was a shirt pull and therefore what’s the problem. 

I don’t believe that referees are acting in a partisan fashion or without integrity, but I do feel that the environment of Scottish football influences the way decisions are made. The statistics back it up. They are truly insane when it comes to rangers and penalties. 

If everything wasn’t so tribal then it might facilitate a serious discussion but it won’t happen.