Aberdeen vs rangers

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

So if we get the best of it from refs, why have we had less penalties and had a goal chopped off at home to them in the last OF game that likely cost us a point at worst (it was the correct decision btw) 

Honestly, the fact you keep coming back to Celtic in this discussion is very, very telling. 

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

So when aberdeen beat rangers at ibrox and we had a man sent off

Or when Killie beat us on opening day

Or when celtic beat us at ibrox

Tell me about all the helping hands we got in they games

Maybe, just maybe, fans should look at the 2 helping hand penalties we got and blame the defender for blatantly pulling a shirt in injury time of a game they are winning

Genuine question for you, was goldson scoring today if his shirt wasn't held? 

Again, you're going to bring up any decision that's ever gone against Rangers, but you'll miss the overall point.

Nobody is saying our league is the East German league and that Rangers are Dinamo Berlin. If that were the case, they'd just win the league every year.

What I am saying (and others) is that Rangers are refereed differently (and more favourably) compared to other teams. They often get a helping hand when they need it. They got it today.

I'm not saying it wasn't a foul today. It was. But I don't think it's given at the other end, and I doubt it's given if Aberdeen aren't playing against Rangers.

No Rangers player has been penalised in the VAR era in the Premiership for a shirt pull while defending. Not one.

Yet they've had two penalties for just that in the 90th minute of games they'e been losing 1-0 in the last month. Are you starting to see the issue?

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Again, you're going to bring up any decision that's ever gone against Rangers, but you'll miss the overall point.

Nobody is saying our league is the East German league and that Rangers are Dinamo Berlin. If that were the case, they'd just win the league every year.

What I am saying (and others) is that Rangers are refereed differently (and more favourably) compared to other teams. They often get a helping hand when they need it. They got it today.

I'm not saying it wasn't a foul today. It was. But I don't think it's given at the other end, and I doubt it's given if Aberdeen aren't playing against Rangers.

No Rangers player has been penalised in the VAR era in the Premiership for a shirt pull while defending. Not one.

Yet they've had two penalties for just that in the 90th minute of games they'e been losing 1-0 in the last month. Are you starting to see the issue?

How many times have aberdeen been penalised for a shirt pull

Or a motherwell player

Or a hibs player

Or a dundee player? 

13 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Btw celtic have had more penalties than rangers and rangers had a goal chopped off at 0-0 in the OF game

Thats some way of treating us well

We also have significantly more penalties given against us so your point is just whataboutery.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We also have significantly more penalties given against us so your point is just whataboutery.

To be fair that is a very very low bar :lol:

It's like me saying I've had sex with more women than Virginton.

Edited by gannonball

How many times have aberdeen been penalised for a shirt pull

Or a motherwell player

Or a hibs player

Or a dundee player? 

That's right. Keep on this train of thought.

A Hearts player and an Aberdeen player have been in the 90th minute when leading 1-0 against Rangers twice in a month.

Is the penny starting to drop yet?

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Honestly, the fact you keep coming back to Celtic in this discussion is very, very telling. 

Probably because they are pretty like for like in big decisions

Yet only one team a fuss is made about, there was literally a penalty given yesterday at 0-0 in a game with ten minutes to go for a shirt pull

No country wide meltdown over it

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

We dont concede them because we are honking at the back and simply concede goals

Its not whataboutery, the stats dont lie, twice this weekend theres been a VAR called penalty for a shirt pull

Yet only one is made a fuss of

Even worse is both were stick on penalties 

Probably because they are pretty like for like in big decisions

Yet only one team a fuss is made about, there was literally a penalty given yesterday at 0-0 in a game with ten minutes to go for a shirt pull

No country wide meltdown over it

@VincentGuerin this is exhibit A of what I mean about how OF culture is so embedded that they can’t see how absurd this is. 

We dont concede them because we are honking at the back and simply concede goals

Its not whataboutery, the stats dont lie, twice this weekend theres been a VAR called penalty for a shirt pull

Yet only one is made a fuss of

Even worse is both were stick on penalties 

Have you seen us defend?