Stabbings in Dublin

ICTChris

17 minutes ago, AndyM said:

He's actually said this boy can eat for free at his restaurant. It's just illegals he wants tortured and killed.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Irish Light is a spin off from a British paper that was created during Covid for the Covid isn’t real, Bill Gates vaccines etc etc

Was just about to say this. I have one in the house somewhere as my pal picked it up for us to laugh at. Pretty sure it's free and just sits on newsagent counters and the like.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The local press aren't helping matters..

Screenshot-2023-09-25-at-09-30-58-The-Ir

IMG_8661-400x410.jpg

_130659132_screenshot2023-08-03at11.06.1

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Irish Light is a spin off from a British paper that was created during Covid for the Covid isn’t real, Bill Gates vaccines etc etc

Search on BBC Sounds for a series of podcasts called Marianna in Conspiracyland.

Interesting exposeè of this paper's British version, along with the Irish one, and one based on mainland Europe.

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Search on BBC Sounds for a series of podcasts called Marianna in Conspiracyland.

Interesting exposeè of this paper's British version, along with the Irish one, and one based on mainland Europe.

Yup, she's Ireland's very own Alex Jones, bothering bereaved parents and setting her twitter dogs on them. The Irish one I mean. 

Edited by welshbairn

20 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Dubs are just the worst.

I've known a few "Dubs" over the years. They're exactly like Glaswegians with the same sort of insularity and exceptionalism.

When asked where they're from they'd say "Dublin" then pause, as they were expecting to be congratulated.

10 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've known a few "Dubs" over the years. They're exactly like Glaswegians with the same sort of insularity and exceptionalism.

When asked where they're from they'd say "Dublin" then pause, as they were expecting to be congratulated.

Can’t count the number of times I’ve been told (by ugly little D1 inner city types) that I’ll never be a Dub, no matter how long I stay. 

Thank f**k for that.

Dublin is a wretched hive of villainy, the true capital is where its at 

Genuinely do not understand the reaction last night, let's get mad at this, why aren't they mad at when a native does it? What point burning luas and buses? 

Torching the gardai cars? 

Going after the hotels some of these people are being housed in.

Aye. Fucking muppets. 

Only reason I don't get grief here is I am a white immigrant 

8 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

is that their version of GB news?

The editor is gemma o Doherty, she's an absolute loonball and I think her pal and other loonball John waters is involved. Think of this two as really stupid versions of farage and then lower expectations 

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

Genuinely do not understand the reaction last night, let's get mad at this, why aren't they mad at when a native does it? What point burning luas and buses? 

Aye. Fucking muppets. 

Only reason I don't get grief here is I am a white immigrant 

Ive noticed a difference in the Irish government today from our own,  coming out strongly saying that last night out of order and those responsible will be dealt with. Compare that of our fucking home secretary actively encouraging thugs and undermining the police!

I must admit, I was into conspiracy theory's about 15 or so years ago. I definetely do not remember this nasty right wing racist element that we are seeing now. Back then it was mostly  pre occupied with the 2008 financial crash and your average conspiracy follower was more likely to be a weed smoking hippy or an anarchist.  I gave up following it after a couple of years.  What changed?

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Ive noticed a difference in the Irish government today from our own,  coming out strongly saying that last night out of order and those responsible will be dealt with. Compare that of our fucking home secretary actively encouraging thugs and undermining the police!

I must admit, I was into conspiracy theory's about 15 or so years ago. I definetely do not remember this nasty right wing racist element that we are seeing now. Back then it was mostly  pre occupied with the 2008 financial crash and your average conspiracy follower was more likely to be a weed smoking hippy or an anarchist.  I gave up following it after a couple of years.  What changed?

From my time here and in UK, the govt are very capital centric, except here there are more facilities based in Dublin than there is spread over the rest of the country.

Given the opportunity of social media forums giving the worst of society a voice, a tinder box of insanely hard on views is always going to encourage those with similar views. 

There is another publication here called gript that were first to say immigrant caused the recent one and called on the public to rise up. As did, in a way, a certain well known Irish mma fighter. 

As I mentioned in my post I sail on by due to the colour of my skin but as someone who has come to the country and has taken jobs and roles from natives I should be in the firing line. 

It's maddening knowing I could be and should be the target of similar ire and am not due to the underlying racism in the views of these 'people' 

All Pakistani and Bangladeshi (which was still Pakistan when the custom was mandated) males are given the first name Mohammed. Every single one. Its on all their birth certificates. The majority go by their second name although you do get a minority who use Mohammed day to day.

This isn't done in any other Muslim-majority society. Arabs, Turks, Indonesians, etc. don't do this. It's solely a Pakistani-Bangladeshi peculiarity. Which is why there's a lot of folk on Twitter, including unaware non-South Asian Muslims, giving wrong explanations for that Galway statistic.

The majority of Muslim immigrants to Ireland are Pakistanis and Bangladeshis then there's this naming convention with them. That's why there's the statistic.

This isn't a big deal, obviously. I'm just keen that folk always get it right when countering shit-stirrers like the above Twitter account. If you get your details wrong you can leave the door open for them to pipe up again on the topic.

4 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Aye. Fucking muppets. 

It's pretty obvious why the reaction is not the same - because there's a raw nerve ready to be touched among a not insignificant yet still minority of Irish people. The Aisling Murphy sentencing coincided with the incident, which completely explains why people who (incorrectly) believe there is some mad racial threat to society responded this week. 

I'm not sure why you're questioning buses and gardai cars being torched - that's part generic urban unrest and part obvious symbol of authority being ticked off. 

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

All Pakistani and Bangladeshi (which was still Pakistan when the custom was mandated) males are given the first name Mohammed. Every single one. Its on all their birth certificates. The majority go by their second name although you do get a minority who use Mohammed day to day.

This isn't done in any other Muslim-majority society. Arabs, Turks, Indonesians, etc. don't do this. It's solely a Pakistani-Bangladeshi peculiarity. Which is why there's a lot of folk on Twitter, including unaware non-South Asian Muslims, giving wrong explanations for that Galway statistic.

The majority of Muslim immigrants to Ireland are Pakistanis and Bangladeshis then there's this naming convention with them. That's why there's the statistic.

This isn't a big deal, obviously. I'm just keen that folk always get it right when countering shit-stirrers like the above Twitter account. If you get your details wrong you can leave the door open for them to pipe up again on the topic.

Sitting with my Pakistani colleague just now and he says this is just not true 

1 minute ago, pawpar said:

I'm not doubting that story about the name being popular in Galway, and I'm sure Akhtar wouldn't know if it was true or not either, I was referring to the naming every Pakistani male Muhammad.