Arbroath's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Arbroath's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Please not Kevin Thomson, guy just seems like a egotistical fanny.

Callum Davidson seems a good fit for me 

On the contrary I find him extremely level headed 

If Callum Davidson is turning down the Dundee job then I’ve no idea why he’d be interested in the Arbroath one - guy is also a tedious bore 

Perhaps a bit left field but assuming Arbroath are not looking to spend big on a full time manager, what about ex Arbroath player Robbie Raeside as the next manager?  He’s done well at St Andrews United the last couple of seasons.   My mate goes to a few of their games each season and he says he’s got the team playing some attractive football. They were apparently unlucky to be knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Albion Rovers.

The above assumes Raeside left Arbroath on good terms last time.

24 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Perhaps a bit left field but assuming Arbroath are not looking to spend big on a full time manager, what about ex Arbroath player Robbie Raeside as the next manager?  He’s done well at St Andrews United the last couple of seasons.   My mate goes to a few of their games each season and he says he’s got the team playing some attractive football. They were apparently unlucky to be knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Albion Rovers.

The above assumes Raeside left Arbroath on good terms last time.

Love the shout mate but for me personally I think the biggest factor in being a success at this level and in the leagues is having a good contact list for recruiting players. Whether that’s with Premiership players on loan or just the guys doing the rounds. That plus being a decent / sound c**t would usually stand managers in good stead. If you have both of them and are a good man manager who has the respect of your players you’ll more than likely do well. 

Cannot see Raeside having the contacts required. Definitely a bit of a cult hero at Gayfield though, big hardy b*****d.

Mind me and my mates thought he was slow as f**k and after we got promoted to L1 (Division 2 then) in the play offs under McGlashan he was in Tutties and half cut, he raced a couple of us up to the top of the hill right beside Tutties and directly across from Gayfield.

He absolutely left us in dust. We were 15/16 year old and he would’ve been mid 30s, he also run with 2 bottles of beers in his hand. 

Good guy but too big a jump for me personally.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mind me and my mates thought he was slow as f**k and after we got promoted to L1 (Division 2 then) in the play offs under McGlashan he was in Tutties and half cut, he raced a couple of us up to the top of the hill right beside Tutties and directly across from Gayfield.

He absolutely left us in dust. We were 15/16 year old and he would’ve been mid 30s, he also run with 2 bottles of beers in his hand. 

I think we forget at times just how much better even guys you would consider mediocre are than Joe Public. 

I like the idea of Raeside, and if we were a league 2 club, then fine, but I think we're a bigger club at the moment, with a bigger coaching team, recruiting teams, scouts, a community trust, corporate etc.  Maybe a spell at a league 2 club first.

That's a cracking story 1320, I also mind Raeside being slower than a week in the jail!