Peterhead vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/23 at 15:00

Looks like we’ve secured our place in League 2 tonight. Absolutely no faith in this manager or squad taking us through the playoffs, if we even manage top 4.

Yet more late goals conceded. Mentally weak,

Edited by Jordo1872

34 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There was a real inevetability about that. Even at 1-0 with ten minutes to go I was fully expecting us to f**k it right up. If I was a betting man I’d have lumped on the 16/1 they were offering for a Peterhead win at that stage.

It’s not like Dumbarton to bottle a lead. 

22 minutes ago, Sawkye said:

Can someone explain to me why the hell am l still going to Bonnyrigg on Saturday. Is there a doctor in the house.

And surely a very good chance that the lead over the playoffs will be cut to 5 points.

Wonder if Neil MacKay was at the game tonight.

Missed the opening goal and didn't see how we were going to get anything out of the game.  Bringing on Ward and Brown was the difference and we firmed up at the back when Goldie came on at right back and we moved Ross into the centre.  Night and day and if our managers can't see that and drop the Brown brothers and Shanks and start with the team that ended the game then I really do despair.

From the Sons perspective, I don't think there was much difference in your performance throughout the game.  Your centre backs were winning everything in the air and you were relying on breaking away without much success.  

Special mention to Rory for his volley which would have been up there for goal of the season if it had went in.  Some strike.

Thought it was going to be the same old story of late of dominating the possession and the “territory” but not being able to find a way through.

Eventually we did though and agree with the post above that Robert Ward and Jack Brown’s energy was vital in driving us on. That was exactly the injection we needed.

Thought Ryan Strachan had a very solid game and McCallister proved how much we miss him. A well taken first goal then winning and taking the penalty so late on. Those big moments are what he does best.

After a really poor run of form, hopefully the end to the game with the crowd behind them will give them the confidence to get the season back on track.