Binos vs The Mo

We come into this on a dreadful run of form.

A positive from last week is we actually did look OK in a couple of spells and actually made a couple of chances. Poor finishing has been a bit of a recurring feature of the season so far.

Recently we've decided to add defensive howlers regularly too.

Darren Young seems reluctant to deviate from 2 up front at home and it's leaving the midfield exposed. Too often Carrick was nowhere near tommo anyway amd spent more time chasing than anything else.

Although I thought Jack leitch probably had one of his better games this season I'd still rather see Banner and Miller in the middle to see if we can actually have a bit of solidity and control in midfield. Doubt that happens though.

Josh Cooper has to start. He's been our best attacking threat all season.

Hoping Montrose are tired from their Tuesday exertions.

Weather forecast really doesn't look great either with consistent sub zero temperatures until saturday

Agree about the Albion midfield. Short of getting Rodri on loan I'm not sure what the answer is. Carrick was running tirelessly but was on the wings at times vs Cove. Lack of goals is a worry although we did have a few chances it still all felt a bit huff and puff.

I notice the young lads/ultras seem to have drifted away too which I think is a shame as they added some much needed atmosphere (as long as they keep the flares away). Whether it's the weather or the results, there seemed to be much more of them last season.

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

Agree about the Albion midfield. Short of getting Rodri on loan I'm not sure what the answer is. Carrick was running tirelessly but was on the wings at times vs Cove. Lack of goals is a worry although we did have a few chances it still all felt a bit huff and puff.

I notice the young lads/ultras seem to have drifted away too which I think is a shame as they added some much needed atmosphere (as long as they keep the flares away). Whether it's the weather or the results, there seemed to be much more of them last season.

Get a whole bunch of loan signings as current crop not at this level 

Carrick wasn't near Thomo because Thomo is so slow he needs the air ambulance to get back onside, Carrick must be so frustrated having to try lead the line himself with a dead weight alongside him,, Leitch runs about like a headless chicken,,no idea in the middle of the park,,it's only now we realise how much we miss Davo in the middle of the park & Banner alongside him, We miss Scouse to, he's a leader & a voice,, why didn't we sign a left back, ww relied on loan signings last year in the position,,so entering league 1 with Cammy Clark is suicide,, did we sign Lewis Milne's brother, because the one we have is garbage,, Darren needs to be supported with funds in January or we are going to be in deep trouble,, dont forget Josh Cooper was getting a decent run until he foolishly got himself sent off at Kelty,,costing us 3 points & when this shocking run started,,although i agree he needs to start as he gives us a bit of drive on the ball 

Interesting first post by Beepee.......I do agree with some of it and slightly disagree with other parts. 100% agree on the part about Carrick and Thomson, I thought Thomson was way way off it on Saturday but suspect that he's very much seen as a squad player now and had Spence been fit then he'd start in front of him most weeks. I also agree on your point about Leitch and it's a fair description of him this season. I have been critical of his performances in other posts and would think that if he keeps this up then he is playing his way out the door, which is a pity because I thought he was a big part of last seasons success and would be a main player again this season, especially when you consider that he played at this level for Airdrie & Peterhead but maybe they saw what we are seeing which is why his time there at this level was short lived. He does have time to turn it around but he needs to start soon for me.

Disagree about Scouse, I know his Dad agrees with you but for me his level is League 2. I must stress that I don't think he is a bad player and I can't really comment on his leadership abilities, but I do think he's not good enough to be effective at this level. His injury record since returning to the club must be also be pretty poor and when everyone fit, he's not starting in front of Pabs and Jojo for me and Geeks is a better Right Back. He's one that I would put in that "squad player" category and I don't see starting for any of the teams at this level that I have seen so far.

Left Back......I think that one is simple, I don't think Young was able to bring a player in that he felt would enhance the squad with the money that he had available, he probably spoke to a few, but they decided to go elsewhere. I think people are naïve in thinking that Young intentionally left himself short. He brought Wilson in on loan, that gives him a player that can play in there and further forward, so he has options and Wilson has been a good addition to the squad so far imho.

The Lewis Milne we signed is garbage......that's a bit harsh is it not? Like a good number of players, he started the season well but his performances have dropped off recently, but garbage, na, I've got to disagree with that one.

Young needs to be given funds or we are in deep trouble...…I would be surprised if he gets more. One of my big frustrations with the club at the moment is the fact they tell us absolutely f- all, but I suspect he has been given his budget for the season and there'll be no more. He mentioned in a few SATV interviews that the board had already "pushed the boat out" to sign Wilson and Murray Miller and I can't see much more changing in January, unless there's some sort of 1 in 1 out policy.........who knows,  I hope I'm wrong and we can get a couple of strong additions in.

I totally understand BeePee's  frustrations.

Most players are this level have flaws in their game. It's why they aren't playing higher.

I actually think tommo looks a bit short of confidence and could really do with a goal. I still can't believe he didn't put away that header on Saturday.

I thought Jack leitch might struggle and I just don't think you can get away with playing him as part of a 4 man midfield at this level. He's too poor positionally snd defensively. Unfortunately the one guy who seems to be able to cover his inadequacies is Davidson and he's injured.

I really do think a lot of the problems stem from midfield and the lack of cover. I'd have loved the defence to have been strengthened more too. So far it seems thst Darren Young sees Wilson as more of a left midfielder. I can understand that as he looks better going forward than defending. Thought he was poor defensively on Saturday and gave Clark little help.

I think lewis Milne has been OK too. I'm sure the left probably isn't his preferred position but he's always put a shift in.

It's certainly all been a hard watch most of the last few weeks.

I love Darren Young but he's pretty stubborn. The continued insistence to play 2 up front even when we are struggling is starting to baffle me.

I'm tired of watching our midfield get overrun.

No undersoil heating lol....

We have covers but generally when they are being used there is an appeal for volunteers to help put them on and take them off and I've seen no such thing.

We had an early pitch inspection last Saturday and it was ok but there was still an area at the south end thet looked a bit crunchy.

I'm not particularly hopeful given the forecast. Last week we had less freezing temperatures the days before and sunshine all day on the Saturday to thaw it out a bit.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Interesting first post by Beepee.......I do agree with some of it and slightly disagree with other parts. 100% agree on the part about Carrick and Thomson, I thought Thomson was way way off it on Saturday but suspect that he's very much seen as a squad player now and had Spence been fit then he'd start in front of him most weeks. I also agree on your point about Leitch and it's a fair description of him this season. I have been critical of his performances in other posts and would think that if he keeps this up then he is playing his way out the door, which is a pity because I thought he was a big part of last seasons success and would be a main player again this season, especially when you consider that he played at this level for Airdrie & Peterhead but maybe they saw what we are seeing which is why his time there at this level was short lived. He does have time to turn it around but he needs to start soon for me.

Disagree about Scouse, I know his Dad agrees with you but for me his level is League 2. I must stress that I don't think he is a bad player and I can't really comment on his leadership abilities, but I do think he's not good enough to be effective at this level. His injury record since returning to the club must be also be pretty poor and when everyone fit, he's not starting in front of Pabs and Jojo for me and Geeks is a better Right Back. He's one that I would put in that "squad player" category and I don't see starting for any of the teams at this level that I have seen so far.

Left Back......I think that one is simple, I don't think Young was able to bring a player in that he felt would enhance the squad with the money that he had available, he probably spoke to a few, but they decided to go elsewhere. I think people are naïve in thinking that Young intentionally left himself short. He brought Wilson in on loan, that gives him a player that can play in there and further forward, so he has options and Wilson has been a good addition to the squad so far imho.

The Lewis Milne we signed is garbage......that's a bit harsh is it not? Like a good number of players, he started the season well but his performances have dropped off recently, but garbage, na, I've got to disagree with that one.

Young needs to be given funds or we are in deep trouble...…I would be surprised if he gets more. One of my big frustrations with the club at the moment is the fact they tell us absolutely f- all, but I suspect he has been given his budget for the season and there'll be no more. He mentioned in a few SATV interviews that the board had already "pushed the boat out" to sign Wilson and Murray Miller and I can't see much more changing in January, unless there's some sort of 1 in 1 out policy.........who knows,  I hope I'm wrong and we can get a couple of strong additions in.

BB_Bino & WattersisGod it's good to have opinions & debate, what we clearly have in common is frustration at our performance, i actually think that the guy's are playing with fear & part time or full time basic passing shouldn't be an issue, zero confidence, someone standing up & taking the lead, that's why i think Davo has been a bigger loss than anticipated, yes playing 2 upfront isn't good as it's clear to see we get overrun in midfield, & i don't understand having Banner on the bench, he's not the most technically gifted but he always puts a shift in, it's not being disrespectful but I'm still not convinced with Milne, even his delivery from corners is failing to beat the near post, maybe i was expecting to much from him as a new signing & a level above, I've not thrown the towel in on him & i will support any Bino on the park who gives workrate effort & desire, that should be a given, we have a big month ahead in December & we need results on the park, BTW Davie Steedman was my God back in the day at Annfield....ahhhh the day's ❤️ 🤍 🇵🇪

I doubt the covers are down, as has been said there’s been no appeal for help, the only thing the club ask for now is to buy merch or hospitality.

Anyway, I think the game is incredibly doubtful, we all know about the issues the Morrison’s End goal mouth faces in these temperatures.

32 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

BB_Bino & WattersisGod it's good to have opinions & debate, what we clearly have in common is frustration at our performance, i actually think that the guy's are playing with fear & part time or full time basic passing shouldn't be an issue, zero confidence, someone standing up & taking the lead, that's why i think Davo has been a bigger loss than anticipated, yes playing 2 upfront isn't good as it's clear to see we get overrun in midfield, & i don't understand having Banner on the bench, he's not the most technically gifted but he always puts a shift in, it's not being disrespectful but I'm still not convinced with Milne, even his delivery from corners is failing to beat the near post, maybe i was expecting to much from him as a new signing & a level above, I've not thrown the towel in on him & i will support any Bino on the park who gives workrate effort & desire, that should be a given, we have a big month ahead in December & we need results on the park, BTW Davie Steedman was my God back in the day at Annfield....ahhhh the day's ❤️ 🤍 🇵🇪

It's good to get some others on here giving opinions.

I'm glad there are still a few of us who care.

I've highlighted lack of confidence previously. I think it's definitely a thing.

I don't understand Banner on the bench either. Our midfield on Saturday was diminutive shall we say and a bit of physicality might have helped.

4 hours ago, Red Watch said:

Match postponed.  Frozen Pitch.

Good, might give more time to get things sorted rather than another defeat. Edinburgh & Annan next might give us a chance of some points (hopefully). And if any of the ground staff are at a loose end tomorrow, they could give the dug-outs a hose and shine - they look shabby. Or get the lads from the carwash at Aldi's, £5 basic or £7 waxed.