Forfar Athletic Vs Stranraer

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Not just that -- no vision or creativity in midfield and no decent options to play out wide without Thomson. Middle to front we have the most beige squad I've seen.

Said that at the game . Our only width is brindley and nditi. . 

I can’t believe anyone thinks that was anywhere near good enough today??

By far the worst side we have played at Station Park this season and we didn’t lay a glove on them. They were terrible and we never looked like beating them.

If we can’t beat a team of that ability at home, then we deserve to be down the bottom end of the table.

Substitues as usual just mind blowing, not a single person anywhere near me seemed to agree with any subs that were made.

2 big points dropped today imo.

14 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I can’t believe anyone thinks that was anywhere near good enough today??

By far the worst side we have played at Station Park this season and we didn’t lay a glove on them. They were terrible and we never looked like beating them.

If we can’t beat a team of that ability at home, then we deserve to be down the bottom end of the table.

Substitues as usual just mind blowing, not a single person anywhere near me seemed to agree with any subs that were made.

2 big points dropped today imo.

The subs were mental, Paterson only coming on with about 4 minutes to go and after Ferguson and mutale is a bit of a disgrace when we were needing a goal especially when he's the only attack minded player  that's been scoring or creating.

The two games we've won this season he scored in.

Edited by ScottishLoon

33 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

The subs were mental, Paterson only coming on with about 4 minutes to go and after Ferguson and mutale is a bit of a disgrace when we were needing a goal especially when he's the only attack minded player  that's been scoring or creating.

The two games we've won this season he scored in.

I honestly can’t understand it, I thought he was maybe injured, but surely he wouldn’t bring him on for 5 mins if he was.

Our most creative player sitting on the bench, while we’re not creating a single thing, against the worst team I’ve seen.

I would have Watson on before Ferguson also.

2 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I honestly can’t understand it, I thought he was maybe injured, but surely he wouldn’t bring him on for 5 mins if he was.

Our most creative player sitting on the bench, while we’re not creating a single thing, against the worst team I’ve seen.

I would have Watson on before Ferguson also.

Watching Ferguson makes you think Doris was brilliant for us (he wasn't)

Watched the game as a neutral following the (far too)  late call-off at Peterhead.  Forfar were clearly the better team, but no cutting edge at all in the final third. No surprise that their goal was scored by their central defender following a corner kick.

Stranraer deserve some credit for hanging in there and managing to score with their only shot on target in the whole game.  Marc McCallum must have been suffering from frostbite at full-time!

3 hours ago, Deputy Keeper said:

Watched the game as a neutral following the (far too)  late call-off at Peterhead.  Forfar were clearly the better team, but no cutting edge at all in the final third. No surprise that their goal was scored by their central defender following a corner kick.

Stranraer deserve some credit for hanging in there and managing to score with their only shot on target in the whole game.  Marc McCallum must have been suffering from frostbite at full-time!

Worst thing is as a forfar supporter it's got to the point where no matter what happens on a Saturday the most important thing is that ray Is sacked just so that at least It invigorates some optimism before the Hibs game.

The players missing sitters doesn't matter a jot when your manager eventually self sabotates with his substitutes.

Edited by ScottishLoon

39 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Here's the highlights in their glory, missed chances and red card shouts.

The first red card claim, the challenge on Seb, was probably a yellow looking at it again. The one on Roberto was a straight red card all day long in my eyes, no attempt to play the ball, very late and appeared malicious.

2 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Can’t believe the tackle on Nditi wasn’t a straight red.

I'm sorry but that "scissor challenge" it's being called is never a red even as much as I wanted it to be, would of been the most melodramatic red card the grounds ever seen, it only seemed a big deal because our players rushed over.

Edited by ScottishLoon

10 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

I'm sorry but that "scissor challenge" it's being called is never a red even as much as I wanted it to be, would of been the most melodramatic red card the grounds ever seen, it only seemed a big deal because our players rushed over.

126. Serious foul play. A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

I'd say it ticked those boxes.

1 hour ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Was he even "challenging for the ball"? He made no attempt to get the ball,  never mind the nature of the challenge. 

Agree. He had no chance of reaching the ball was only going to connect with Nditi. Should have been a red. 

43 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Agree. He had no chance of reaching the ball was only going to connect with Nditi. Should have been a red. 

Should Matthew Allan been shown a red then? 
90th minute James Dolan knocks the ball past him on the edge of the box, Dolan goes to skip by Allan who leaves his leg out to stop him.
No chance of reaching the ball was only ever going to connect with Dolan. 

1 hour ago, Mattmc said:

90th minute James Dolan knocks the ball past him on the edge of the box, Dolan goes to skip by Allan who leaves his leg out to stop him.

I would say not, and very little similarity between the fouls one leaves a leg hanging out while the other dives in from behind at speed , similarly with the challenge from the No. 3 on Seb Ross as while deliberate didn't think there was an intent to injure just to foul that I did think was there with that challenge , which I viewed as quite deliberately violent. Referee saw it differently and given the nature of Forfar's finishing I doubt it would have affected the result at all.

Edited by nofixedability

6 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Matty didn’t look like he was trying to take out the man, it looked to me like he flicked his leg up to try and deflect the path of the ball. Yes it was a foul and probably a yellow but zero intention to take the man so never a red. Go and watch what is a dangerous and late (and borderline assault) in Nditi again and be relieved your team had 11 men on the field