The "We're All Doomed!" Thread

BFTD

The Big Question  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 14/07/24 at 19:00

29 minutes ago, ColUFan said:

Greetings from a tame England fan, who's here because your forum is a useful resource for information about the Euros *hat tip Welshbairn*, but couldn't resist a post on this thread.

Maybe I'm atypical, but I -

* Want Scotland to win the opening game and get out of the group.

* Like and support Southgate.

* Think we have a chance of getting to the semis but could easily then lose to France, who are my clear favourites to win the thing.

Having said that, lack of injuries permitting, we have a chance of winning the tournament, but it's England so something will go wrong.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to sitting in a bar in Hannover and seeing the locals getting increasingly annoyed as you beat the hosts 

I feel we can all get behind the idea of Germany fans who are angry because we are beating them 🤣

On 03/12/2023 at 20:15, BFTD said:
  • Likely scenarios for how Scotland will be eliminated in the group stage

Group A could be a mare as it finishes first. So the fans of the third placed team will be having to sit through the conclusions of five other groups to see if they've made it through.

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Group A could be a mare as it finishes first. So the fans of the third placed team will be having to sit through the conclusions of five other groups to see if they've made it through.

Unlucky for those German fans over on Pretzel and Weissbier, while we sit laughing after schooshing the group

If we make it out of our group we'll have a difficult R16 game and are probably doomed. Not sure why we can't be drawn against a 3rd place team if we win the group, but apparently we can't. The incentive of winning the group is to play against a Group C opponent which is preferable to Group B.

• If we win the group we will get the Runner up of Group C (England, Denmark, Serbia, Slovenia). 
  • If we finish 2nd in the group we will get the runner up of Group B (Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania).
  • and if we finish 3rd we will face the Winners of Group B, E or F (Spain, Belgium or Portugal)

I think qualifying for the R16 would be an excellent achievement - a difficult, but not impossible task. If we make it further then it will probably require an exceptional performance from the team.

Spoiler

image.png.5dcc6aeb926932988381a73e341c11e9.png

Edited by 2426255