Jump to content

East Fife v Elgin City (09/12/2023)


Recommended Posts

A new era starts! Unfortunately I can’t attend tomorrow so I’m making this to hear how the game goes.

We’ve hit a good run of form, hopefully no game for two and a half weeks hasn’t impacted us too badly. 

How is the weather in Methil? Good for the game to go ahead?

Edited by CrispyMelon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CrispyMelon said:

A new era starts! Unfortunately I can’t attend tomorrow so I’m making this to hear how the game goes.

We’ve hit a good run of form, hopefully no game for two and a half weeks hasn’t impacted us too badly. 

How is the weather in Methil? Good for the game to go ahead?

Rain & more rain is forecast. Pitch will be fine, artificial and drains well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like Elgin it's been a while since we last played, the disappointing performance at Bonnyrigg. 

Both teams tomorrow will be desperate for the points, will be interesting to see how Elgin react to the new management team.

I have no idea how we will line up, apart from our managers' favoured 4-3-3 formation. I'm sure Trouten is suspended.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two big wins in our last three games, a new manager to be excited about and hopefully Dingwall back fully fit so plenty of positives for us. In saying that our away record is terrible so I'd be happy enough with a draw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoy your Saturday night Fife  fans !

Awful  conditions so fair play to the two sets of players. East Fife won the toss and played with the  wind which proved to be the correct decision, the wind strengthened even more in 2nd half but by that time the  game was won.

Fleming denied Elgin a goal while score was 1-0, apart from that they created  nothing.

We have  proved with three 4-0 wins recently that we can beat the teams bottom half, the manager needs to come up with  a plan against the top half teams. If  he can't 5th  or 6th  looks to be our high  this season.

Edited by Beachcomber
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

We have  proved with three 4-0 wins recently that we can beat the teams bottom half, the manager needs to come up with  a plan against the top half teams. If  he can't 5th  or 6th  looks to be our high  this season.

That’s been a story of false hopes, yeah I get we all thrilled we won today by same score line but we can’t accept to finish that low that’s my problem and problem most at east fife have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to give credit to the team where due, that's the last 3 games I've been to, 4-0 v Stranraer, 4-0 v Clyde & 4-0 today. Clearly a gulf between those above us, as much as there is to us below us. 

Definitely made Elgin look as poor, as your Stennys and Peterheads have made us look, or they made us look good, take that whichever way you wish. 

I doubt we've got it in us to close the gap on 4th place, but to all the doom merchants panicking about lowland league, as long as there's Elgin, Stranraer & Clyde, we'll be fine. 

Well done for being so entertaining in miserable conditions. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elgin were poor, very, very poor offering nothing bar 1 shot in the first half in horrible gusty conditions. The wind seemed to strengthen in the second half but Elgin could not utilise it . Dire straits up in the north methinks. The Fife on the other hand looked dangerous every time they attacked , that is until the final third. The final pass over hit, the wind holding the ball up, trying one pass too many, missing a golden chance after clever lead up play, (Shepherd) later being gifted a goal after  a poor pass back from Draper.

I think the score line reflects the difference in quality between the 2 teams (also the Stranraer and Clyde results) but EF need to start stringing a line of good results together to make the quality more apparent . Not one step forward and two back. as in previous weeks. 
 

PS

If Pat S ever hangs up his boots, he’ll make a great permanent future co-commentator on EFTV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

That’s been a story of false hopes, yeah I get we all thrilled we won today by same score line but we can’t accept to finish that low that’s my problem and problem most at east fife have.

We have to accept that we may finish that low if the same pattern continues. I don't see us having much of a turnover of players in January maybe one or two.

Greig McDonald seems to be safe in his job now but being too loyal to certain players has cost us this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

We have to accept that we may finish that low if the same pattern continues. I don't see us having much of a turnover of players in January maybe one or two.

Greig McDonald seems to be safe in his job now but being too loyal to certain players has cost us this season.

That brings me back to my point of (club) being too content of things. The last time we was this low was when Moffat/Derrick brown days were apong those years where we are and it shouldn’t be but I know January a hard market to come by and we’re 6th/7th but I can’t trust the current manager to paper over more cracks how many times has he been bailed out this season even the Scottish cup defeat to Dunbar! Clyde we picked up another win and went to Bonnyrigg get beat I have seen this movie already. I’m just saying but we though a win is a win today we shouldn’t be content. Greig being too loyal I just feel the job too big also and board is showing loyal of being content but of both on and off the field will cost the club.
 

Though good get points today football a result business it shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/12/2023 at 22:56, Cambuslang Fifer said:

That brings me back to my point of (club) being too content of things. The last time we was this low was when Moffat/Derrick brown days were apong those years where we are and it shouldn’t be but I know January a hard market to come by and we’re 6th/7th but I can’t trust the current manager to paper over more cracks how many times has he been bailed out this season even the Scottish cup defeat to Dunbar! Clyde we picked up another win and went to Bonnyrigg get beat I have seen this movie already. I’m just saying but we though a win is a win today we shouldn’t be content. Greig being too loyal I just feel the job too big also and board is showing loyal of being content but of both on and off the field will cost the club.
 

Though good get points today football a result business it shows.

I'd hate to see your reaction if we ever lost 4-0!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

I'd hate to see your reaction if we ever lost 4-0!

Actually, credit where credit due , a big win . Due to weather I couldn’t make it across on Saturday ( old days would of done), but pleasantly surprised by the result -👏👏👏

 But overall a really sad time re the passing of our Vice- Chair John Barclay. RIP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...