The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Although last year I hit the wall (y fawkes) about April and never got another hit. 

Aye. Quarter of my squad gone by July but not one of the others found their way to the mortuary after that. Still my best ever performance mind.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I probably should have entered a team of 2000AD artists as another pops off: the great John M Burns at 86, months after his retirement. 

galen.jpg.3e8e15031f26d0cca98e583f29f981e1.jpg

thinking immoral thoughts about a Judge is an offence, creep... 

Also did Modesty Blaise and various others:

Hide contents

george.jpg.58a04a0835473da9507afdad76629ff6.jpg

including George and Lynne to which many a young lad got his cheapies.... 

A blast from the.past, literally.

Anyone gone for a Hamas based team ?

• Hamas has confirmed that Saleh al-Arouri, the deputy head of its political bureau, was killed in the blast in the Dahiyeh neighbourhood of the Lebanese capital on Tuesday night. Hamas, the group that controls the Gaza Strip, has close ties with Hezbollah, an Iranian-backed group with strong ties to the neighbourhood

8 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Anyone gone for a Hamas based team ?

• Hamas has confirmed that Saleh al-Arouri, the deputy head of its political bureau, was killed in the blast in the Dahiyeh neighbourhood of the Lebanese capital on Tuesday night. Hamas, the group that controls the Gaza Strip, has close ties with Hezbollah, an Iranian-backed group with strong ties to the neighbourhood

Got the leader Yahya Sinwar. In the words of Eric Clapton. I've got the leader but I did not have the deputy.

35 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/jan/02/km-peyton-obituary-kathleen-peyton

KM Peyton, children's author, runs out of ink at 94.

Her ink well dried up last year. See end of obituary KM Peyton (Kathleen Wendy Peyton), children’s writer, born 2 August 1929; died 19 December 2023

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Her ink well dried up last year. See end of obituary KM Peyton (Kathleen Wendy Peyton), children’s writer, born 2 August 1929; died 19 December 2023

Yup, I made a rip-roaring arse of that one. Wasn't an obit I saw but an appreciation.

Stupid twat that I am. Post deleted.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Love this quote from the Guardian - "Batmanghelidjh – known for her charisma, colourful attire and outspoken pursuit of social justice for children"

and there was me thinking it was for salad dodging and spunking the charity money. I must be thinking of another Batman too. 🤔

Seems like Thabo Mbeki died yesterday but not too many major sites reporting it so not sure. 

https://bnnbreaking.com/politics/thabo-mbeki-former-south-african-president-dies-at-74/

Probably best to assume hoax for now until a better source comes along, especially as they have his age wrong which is a red flag. Obviously no idea if anyone had him anyway.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Seems like Thabo Mbeki died yesterday but not too many major sites reporting it so not sure. 

https://bnnbreaking.com/politics/thabo-mbeki-former-south-african-president-dies-at-74/

Probably best to assume hoax for now until a better source comes along, especially as they have his age wrong which is a red flag. Obviously no idea if anyone had him anyway.

Fckn wrong SA president. Zoomer.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/jan/03/robert-doisneau-paris-kiss-photograph-francoise-bornet-young-lover-dies

Françoise Bornet, the young lover immortalised in the French photographer Robert Doisneau’s The Kiss by the Hôtel de Ville, has died aged 93.

If her name was virtually unknown, Bornet’s stance in an embrace with her then boyfriend in central Paris in the spring of 1950 became one of the most famous images of the city.

TheKissPressefminine-devantlhtelNapolonClamart-1969.thumb.jpg.605e3dfbeaf23d6146f7b933c79a343c.jpg