Livingston v Killie

16 hours ago, Fide said:

My usual blind optimism has been boosted by our performance in the last 2 games, but then tempered by the fact we're pish away from home and our purple patches are usually 2 games long at best. 

A sneaky 1-2 away win would be splendid. 

I'd prob leave the ground being so delirious with joy seeing us scoring a goal, it might not register till i got home that we lost.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

If I was new to being a Killie fan, the fact that every Livi fan sounds like they want to slit their wrists would be very, very encouraging. 

But if anything it just gives me the fear...

We haven't scored a goal since we last played you (a resounding defeat).

You've just beaten Aberdeen and Celtic.

37 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

We haven't scored a goal since we last played you (a resounding defeat).

You've just beaten Aberdeen and Celtic.

In Kilmarnock terms, that is a recipe for a Livingston win. It's how we roll. 

51 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm somewhat optimistic with this one, don't know why. Maybe my brain has finally turned to mush watching the football we 'play'

I thought last week was an encouraging performance and I feel good about our prospects but Killie seem strong this season.

I've been thinking about the impact Nicky Devlin leaving has had, at first I didn't think it was too big a deal, but I'm wondering if there's now a disconnect between DM and the team due to not having a proper figure -head amongst the players that can help support the boss's aims and game plans. Also wondering if players are looking at end-of contracts and where we are in the league at this time.

On the mental side of things; does the club have anyone that works on sports psychology and more on the player/ team mindset etc? 

Anderson provides a speed and technical threat, pretty darn good working the offside trap, and if he had someone with height and presence up beside him, we'd get goals I'm sure. Whether that's Guthrie or not, not sure, I'd be inclined to stick Joel as a deep lying forward, with instructions to feed balls to Brucie. I'd also like to see Penners and Joel linking more, as they have demonstrated this in the past. Joel gets a bit of stick recently, but he needs others to play off of, remember Snoddy getting dogs abuse at times? as it turns out he was fine, just needed other players to play with. DM needs to take care of the boys, as it looks to me like we have the potential, but are missing some inner drive, or winning mentality, and we need something to build that upon.

Absolutely desperate for a win today, but it will be a tough one.

2-1 ( jinxed it now)

Edited by larry the lion

33 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Anderson not starting

Sean Kelly and Shinnie starting

Tells me everything I need to know. As ever hopefully I'm proved wrong.

FB_IMG_1702734360706.jpg

That'll be that then, 1-0 or 2-0 Killie then we'll be chasing the game by the time Anderson comes on. We tried Nouble and Guthrie together last season against St Mirren and Motherwell and it was crying out for a mobile player like Anderson playing off them.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Killie scored 3 goals against us from set plays in the last game so seems Martindale's plan is to chuck on loads of tall players to defend set pieces, and have fuckall up front to get us a goal.

I'm putting you on mute as you just come on here to moan & upset us fans that are hoping to see a goal :D