Week 15

lichtie23

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I think it's quite telling that even after breaking the franchise record for most points in a game, most Raiders fans aren't too fussed about last night. That was an all-time 'quit on your coach' game from the Chargers.

It's always fun beating a division rival, and especially by that kind of margin, but not ideal for us being in a position to draft our QBOTF next year.

That Jack Jones pick six, though. Very cool.

I think the Raiders will have a shot at Jayden Daniels. Clearly not on a par with Williams and Maye, but I still think he has enough to be a viable long-term QB. Might have to trade up a few spots depending on where they ultimately finish and how the draft falls, but I think someone will bite on QB3 before pick 15 so the Raiders should be in the mix regardless.

I think it's inevitable the Chargers will lose out given they are playing three teams battling for playoff berths, but they will be punished a bit in terms of draft slot because of strong S.O.S. I think they'll end up picking 6-7, which given the top 3 are more or less locks, there are two good OT's, Malik Nabers, and Brock Bowers, so the Chargers will likely have a shot at a good offensive weapon if they want one, and if not, the obvious solution to Pipkins being a liability at RT should be sitting there.

I'd trade down 5-10 spots and take a CB or DL if the offer is worth it, but if you have a chance to draft genuine blue-chip players you really should take it unless you are completely devoid of talent like Carolina.

Edited by Boo Khaki

25 minutes ago, Snobot said:

I fear the months of pent up rage and frustration at Staley and Telesco finally being lifted as a result of their firing might have caused @Boo Khaki to spontaneously combust. 

That was week 3 when it was abundantly clear 2023 was going to be yet another shambles. By week 4 it was just disappointment, and since the Green Bay farce, resignation, and just a desire to see BS and TT gone.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Staley punted! Let’s have a few celebratory beers tonight @Boo Khaki

Still think I jumped the gun when I said during the Week 1 game he was hopelessly out of his depth, had learned nothing, and would completely waste another year of Herbert's youth?

1 hour ago, DannyBlue said:

GM gone as well.

Not before time. 11 seasons of complete and utter mediocrity. Every single season the team was reliant on the 4 or 5 "can't miss/no brainer/slam dunk" 1st rounders that fell into his lap, and sure enough, as soon as one would get injured the entire season would fall apart because of his total inability to source and sign decent 2nd tier guys. Even the ones he drafted in the 2nd and 3rd invariably failed to land a 2nd contract. It was either megastars, or practice squad level drivel, with little in between.

It'll be interesting to see who gets their name thrown in the ring for the HC job. Ben Johnson appears to be this season's hot Co-ordinator name, but I don't think the Chargers can afford to go for yet another untested rookie HC hire. The past three have been absolute failures, with an honourable mention to Anthony Lynn, who wasn't quite the level of incompetence shown by McCoy and Staley.

Harbaugh, if they can tempt him away from Michigan, BB if he still wants to coach and will accept working under a GM, and if the Steelers do something monumentally stupid and fire Tomlin then LAC should be all over him in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

That was week 3 when it was abundantly clear 2023 was going to be yet another shambles. By week 4 it was just disappointment, and since the Green Bay farce, resignation, and just a desire to see BS and TT gone.

Still think I jumped the gun when I said during the Week 1 game he was hopelessly out of his depth, had learned nothing, and would completely waste another year of Herbert's youth?

Not before time. 11 seasons of complete and utter mediocrity. Every single season the team was reliant on the 4 or 5 "can't miss/no brainer/slam dunk" 1st rounders that fell into his lap, and sure enough, as soon as one would get injured the entire season would fall apart because of his total inability to source and sign decent 2nd tier guys. Even the ones he drafted in the 2nd and 3rd invariably failed to land a 2nd contract. It was either megastars, or practice squad level drivel, with little in between.

It'll be interesting to see who gets their name thrown in the ring for the HC job. Ben Johnson appears to be this season's hot Co-ordinator name, but I don't think the Chargers can afford to go for yet another untested rookie HC hire. The past three have been absolute failures, with an honourable mention to Anthony Lynn, who wasn't quite the level of incompetence shown by McCoy and Staley.

Harbaugh, if they can tempt him away from Michigan, BB if he still wants to coach and will accept working under a GM, and if the Steelers do something monumentally stupid and fire Tomlin then LAC should be all over him in a heartbeat.

You really are a bitter guy. This constant rage is going to put you in an early grave. 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

You really are a bitter guy. This constant rage is going to put you in an early grave. 

I'm not bitter at all, I just know coaching incompetence why I see it, because I've been following the same franchise since the mid 80's and in all that time I think they've had good coaching for about 10 years of it. Plenty of practice spotting frauds is all 😀

40 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It'll be interesting to see who gets their name thrown in the ring for the HC job.

Frank Smith (Dolphins OC, ex LAC) being quoted just behind Bill B in the running.

I read somewhere that Staley was basically the equivalent in Scottish football terms of Ian Cathro as I read it - stats and analytics guy who had great ideas but hopelessly out of his depth as HC.

Guest DannyBlue

7-3 to the Vikings at halftime, far from a classic. Although the defences are bringing good pressure and forcing errors, still can't help but feel it's a fair bit of offensive sloppiness that's on display.