Stirling v Annan. Is this game still on?

It's happening......

I never look forward to games with Annan. They always seem to cause us difficulties.

Hopefully last week has improved the confidence somewhat. God knows what the defence will look like with the injuries last week.

I can see it being the same midfield and attack.

I'd like to see josh Cooper starting but that's probably a forlorn hope.

I expect to see Miller and leitch in the middle again.

Be a great game to win and increase the gap between us and the relegation playoff place.

It feels like ages since we won at home.. 

Weather forecast isn't looking great for the terracing. Be a late decision on Saturday.

Mon the Binos

5 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

It's happening......

I never look forward to games with Annan. They always seem to cause us difficulties.

Hopefully last week has improved the confidence somewhat. God knows what the defence will look like with the injuries last week.

I can see it being the same midfield and attack.

I'd like to see josh Cooper starting but that's probably a forlorn hope.

I expect to see Miller and leitch in the middle again.

Be a great game to win and increase the gap between us and the relegation playoff place.

It feels like ages since we won at home.. 

Weather forecast isn't looking great for the terracing. Be a late decision on Saturday.

Mon the Binos

Hopefully we bring our 2nd half display to the fore rather than the 1st half..that was painful to watch 

I think injuries dictate our defence, with Jojo calf strain it depends on Geach getting over the dead leg he picked up... does he move Geach into middle beside Pabs & Dunsy at right back 🤔 if Geach out then it will be Banner & Pabs... 

Cooper surely has to start probably on the right, with Wilson left .. middle 2 or 3 will have to wait & see, we have Hilson & Milne back... would still prefer a 10 playing off Carrick 

Annan always seem to get in behind us out wide which is always a worry considering what we have... should be at least a slick surface..plenty of desire .intensity & belief... c'mon the bino's 

Spenny back in 3 weeks 

Scouse and Davo shortly 🤞 

& a left back loanee from Santa 🙏 🎅 

Proper game of two halves. Early in it looked like someone needed to tell us the game was happening.

Probably a bit lucky to go in all square. Never expect Carrick to miss a chance like that and he didn't disappoint 

Second half a totally different story and thought we battered them and did enough to win it.

What a goal that would have been for lewis Milne that came off the post.

Hope Jack leitch is OK. That didn't look good at all.

Happy to keep the gap but feels like 2 points dropped.

The good thing is that I reckon second half might be some of the best football we have played all season.  Hopefully keeps the confidence up for next week.

Both our full backs had a torrid time today. They didn't enjoy facing Annan pacey wingers.  Cammy Clark had a shocker with his distribution also appalling.

Edited by WattersIsGod

Annan always give us trouble with the physicality of Goss and then the pace of the wingers running off him. At 1-0 it felt like Annan were about to blow us away.

Thankfully the second half was much better, but it still feels like we need three or four good chances to score a goal and that's concerning.

1st half was a mirror image of last week against Edinburgh.. agreed it was a game of 2 halves..battered them the 2nd half & that's why it feels like 2 point's dropped... good to see that fight  and hunger return..hope Carrick is ok.. ran himself into the ground again for the team...I thought that was Murray Millars best game for us..great ball for Carrick to finish..hope Leitch is ok..but funnily enough we looked more secure when Banner came on in the middle... Cammy just didn't have a shocker today..he's been shocking all season...situational awareness is crap...distribution is crap too... needs punted...like a broken record to Santa please can we have a left back in January 🙏 

I'd wanted to see a Banner / Miller partnership in the middle for a while but that's not the circumstances I'd have chosen. Definitely looks like it won't be a quick return. A shame as the last two weeks I think leitch has been half decent.  Really hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Really think we deserved 3 points today but it was  good to see us actually making chances and looking threatening. It really has been a while.

Hilson had some nice touches too and thought that his cameo was the best I've seen of him.

Although it definitely feels like 2 points dropped, with the way the second half went, a draw was probably fair with the chances that fell to Annan in the first 30 minutes.

I though we were murder for long periods of the First Half, our Midfield were continually over ran and the Defence was at 6’s and 7’s trying to deal with the over loads, they were just everywhere and winning nothing, so it came as no real surprise when Annan took the lead, I think we were lucky for them not to extend the lead before Half Time and have the woodwork, poor finishing and Blair Currie to thank for that.

Thankfully, when you have a player like Dale Carrick in your team, you stand a chance and once again he popped up and scored a vital goal for us. He does more than just score goals though, said it time and time again but he’s work rate and effort is fantastic and again, we’re so lucky to have him in our ranks, and there are few better at doing what he does at this level.

As has been said, Second Half, we were a different team and could have battered them. Would have if it hadn’t of been for the crossbar, post and a world class save from Fleming. Milne was unlucky not to score one of the best Stirling goals that Forthbank has ever seen (that was Sean Dickson v Arbroath by the way). Annan did everything they could to disrupt play and gain the advantage back, but they were on the ropes and we just couldn’t find that knock out punch.

Have spoken before about my admiration for Annan, but one thing I can’t stand from this Annan team is the diving and play acting, how the Ref and near side linesman can fall for that, but then miss 2 certain Stirling Penalties and a Fleming kick out on McGregor, is beyond me and so infuriating to watch. It’s games like this where officials really do themselves no favours.

It’s also been said above about Clark, I couldn’t agree more and it surprises me how he starts in front of Wilson. I think he and Leitch are like 2 players down this season. Darren Young spoke in his last interview about the possibility of players being added in January, I hope a Left Back and an creative Centre Midfielder are at the top of his wish list.

Anyway, a point benefits us more than them, and I’ll take it, but we really need to find the Second Half form more than the First, if we want to ensure we don’t slip into that Play Off spot.

Banner is much more solid in the middle and was key in the latter stages. I still think Wilson should start. He "looks" a player but still not sure if he is LB or LM. Anyway, keep up the second half intensity next week and I can live with that. Was night and day compared to the first half and most recent performances.

What's happened to the Ultras behind the goal? Is it down to one now? Felt sorry for the lad. We could do with a bit of oomph from the crowd apart from auld duffers like me and the under 8's chirping "Binos Binos" for most of the game