Airdrie v Morton

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I’m not sure what our injury situation is right now as I’ve seen no updates. Waters, Wilson, O’Connor and Quitongo have all been out injured but it would be good to hear when they’re expected to return.

Why don't you send another message to MCT in Crayola and your own drool to find out? 🤡

7 minutes ago, madton said:

I'd expect a bit more. It's been a long time since we visited in the league so 350-400 I'd say.

Home game for me so looking forward to it.

Can't see that at all, being so close to Christmas. Lots of people will have brainless, 'family' shite to do instead. Or just want an opportunity to dry out between today and Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Can't see that at all, being so close to Christmas. Lots of people will have brainless, 'family' shite to do instead. Or just want an opportunity to dry out between today and Christmas. 

Possibly, but we generally travel in decent numbers after a few positive results, especially if its close. Seen a few comments on socials that buses are full etc. Time will tell.

I've got family shit in the evening thankfully.

On the game, I can see us nicking it to win 4 league games on the bounce( in the same season) for the first time in 7 years. 

4 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I absolutely agree.  You know as well as I do the next "knee jerk reaction" shout is only ever 90 mins away!

Morton's form is exactly the reason I'm bricking it, and probably the reason there might be a bit of nagging doubt, in the back of a few 'Ton supporting minds, it will end at some point.

Anyway, we'll find out soon.

If we're 10% off our top performance level then we lose. That's why we had such a dreadful start to the season, as key injuries at the back and up front dragged us down. Then a general loss of confidence from losing week after week kept us below that point.

We're now - unless injuries or a departure by Imrie intervenes - back within that range and so will be fine overall for the rest of the season. But we will still have some off days when we'll play like the worst team in the division.

Edited by vikingTON

Looks like Wilson has won the injury battle sustained last week  as Dougie confirmed he trained during the week and is available for tomorrow 

Broadfoot is suspended so I'd imagine O'Connor will want to try and regain his place back in defence. Broadfoot to be fair was decent last week as well.

Gorgeous George starts his first of a two game ban, which is a pity as he was in fine scoring form. 

Would be good if Jai made the bench tomorrow as he can't be far away from making his comeback from injury.

Will be a hard fought game, but we're confident and in good form so I expect coming away with 3 points!   

@virginton @Mr.Blue We both know that DOT's views are off the wall, ridiculed and pilloried - and grossly inaccurate in all probability. But to occasionally check in and see the abuse that wee bloke takes on that toxic cesspit of 'Gordon's forum' = it's the absolute epitome of internet bullying. I have no idea how you sleep at night after some of the shite you and the likes of @Toby have directed towards him. Aye right enough - he may be a twat, he may have views different from your own - but he's also a human being with feelings and emotions. Cut the poor wee fucker some slack. Just agree to disagree, and have the intelligence and dignity to keep your typing fingers still, whilst learning that silence is often the most eloquent and effective response. This is 11 blokes kicking a fitba around some God-forsaken wart on the arsehole of Inverclyde. We're not splitting the atom, stopping global warming, curing cancer, or saving the world here.

I expect the usual roaster red flags incoming.

Best wishes from a cold, windy and rainy West Coast.

3 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

@virginton @Mr.Blue We both know that DOT's views are off the wall, ridiculed and pilloried - and grossly inaccurate in all probability. But to occasionally check in and see the abuse that wee bloke takes on that toxic cesspit of 'Gordon's forum' = it's the absolute epitome of internet bullying. I have no idea how you sleep at night after some of the shite you and the likes of @Toby have directed towards him. Aye right enough - he may be a twat, he may have views different from your own - but he's also a human being with feelings and emotions. Cut the poor wee fucker some slack. Just agree to disagree, and have the intelligence and dignity to keep your typing fingers still, whilst learning that silence is often the most eloquent and effective response. This is 11 blokes kicking a fitba around some God-forsaken wart on the arsehole of Inverclyde. We're not splitting the atom, stopping global warming, curing cancer, or saving the world here.

It's just words on a screen.

Are we talking about a grown man here?

7 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Too long; didn't read. 

Friday night, 10.30pm. Reg flags incoming from the usual suspects, reacting to a heartfelt, seasonal post containing a daring degree of compassion and humanity. No life, no lassies - just a username, a keyboard, and the joy of being a forum hard man. I’m truly happy for you. 

10 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Friday night, 10.30pm. Reg flags incoming from the usual suspects, reacting to a heartfelt, seasonal post containing a daring degree of compassion and humanity. No life, no lassies - just a username, a keyboard, and the joy of being a forum hard man. I’m truly happy for you. 

8a901u.jpg.e58106125016ed42f4baffa528c57f50.jpg

33 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Cmon man, he brings 99% of it on himself. I actually avoided the board for a few weeks as I couldn't handle his drivel and that's all he has to do if he doesn't like the "abuse"

I've no idea who he is, you clearly do but this is hardly playground bullying ffs. He gives as much as he receives and good on him for that but my god, he is hard work!!

42 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Imrie's confirmed Wilson is available for tomorrow which is fantastic news, means Oakley and Broadfoot out (likely McGrattan and O'Connor in?) will be the only enforced changes.

Delighted with that.

Aye O'connor is a given and one of McGrattan, Boyd or Bearne I'm guessing on the left with Blues continuing on the right. Hopefully McGrattan gets the nod.

Gillespie looks back to his form of last season so wouldn't seperate him and Wilson. The big man has been class once he got up to match fitness.

Quietly confident about this one. Robbie Crawford has had a quiet few weeks, looking for a performance from him tomorrow.

1-2

Muirhead and Crawford.

Airdrie fans very quiet, no doubt nervous, but other than Dunfermline at home we've not been as bad as results suggest and somewhat unlucky not to pick up more points. I'm going for a win with Lewis McGregor back in the starting 11 after injury and opening the scoring again.

Massive game for us as defeat would put immense pressure on us for the visit to Hampden next week.

13 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Maybe heed your own advice mate?

Airdrie aren’t in a great place at the moment (Airdrie!), so a really decent chance to keep the form going.

As pointed out earlier, we’re still going to put in occasional stinkers. I have much more confidence in us staying up now - but it is still a relatively limited squad that’s going to have off days. 

(I will reassess this statement after 3 points)