Edinburgh Derby Thread - The Ghost of David Brent Past

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Is it not only a red if it is literally on the line or open goal. Double jeopardy and all that.

The keeper is still in place so not absolutely certain it would have went in

Still comes under Dogsco.  Just because the keeper is there doesn’t mean it isn’t an obvious goal scoring opportunity.  It was a shot that looked to be on target.

The key is opportunity, not definite goal.

5 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Is it not only a red if it is literally on the line or open goal. Double jeopardy and all that.

The keeper is still in place so not absolutely certain it would have went in

There's no double jeopardy rule in place for handballs, if it's deemed to be preventing a goal or a goalscoring opportunity then it's a red. In my opinion handling a goalbound shot is preventing a goal.

8 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Continuously smashing the ball off Hearts defenders in the hope of winning a penalty is a bold tactic

Since VAR was introduced it’s actually a sound tactic.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

This game has now firmly descended into your average Edinburgh Derby shite.

The atmosphere is the only thing keeping it vaguely interesting.

Summed up a moment ago when a Hearts player sclaffed a simple pass and the Hibs player then passed it out for a throw.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's no double jeopardy rule in place for handballs, if it's deemed to be preventing a goal or a goalscoring opportunity then it's a red. In my opinion handling a goalbound shot is preventing a goal.

Came to this thread with the specific thought of "That looks like a clear red card to me. I wonder if craigkillie has explained why it isn't one yet."

Relieved to see I haven't completely lost track of the rules of the game yet. Staggered that the referee apparently doesn't have that down as a clear goalscoring opportunity. You'd think that's the kind of mad decision that's a tap-in for VAR, but we're well beyond hoping for anything resembling positivity or common sense from that shambles.